The Pimps New Game

Everyone let’s speculate. What type of game would you like the unannounced game to be.

I would like: 

a survival aspect

little tighter shooting than 7d2d I find shooting slightly clunky as of now

Crafting/Base Building but not as many traps or turrets

Exploring and procedural worlds 

Big POI that ideally are randomly generated like an underground bunker

some game like Pulsar or Valheim where you can build bases but defending the base isn’t the main goal of the game

Maybe a plot where you travel thru “Gates” to new worlds and that world is going to die in x hours but in during that time you need to find the next gate to escape and possible repair the gate

I want serious consequences for death

I want something that could be played single player but also could be played multiplayer again I think Valheim hits this point well

I want a dead is dead option

I want *in the escaping to a new world* there being unknown as to where you are going to bring oxygen and cold weather clothing

Ideally I want food to spoil and calories to matter as in no eating the same thing over and over and over and getting the same result. However I don’t want to starve to death that often. Again Valheim handles this part well.

What would you all like to see?

@madmole wanna give us a hint as to what the unannounced game is/what game play would be like? We all know it could change so everyone don’t be turds. Be kind if Madmole gives us a hint

Learn By Doing Extreme Life Simulator

You are an RNA molecule. Your goal is to become an adult human with an M60 machine gun. There are no skill points, attributes, abilities, or perks. You must learn by doing, which everybody loves to do. Day 1: go.

<later in the forums> We really need some back story!! How did I become an RNA molecule? And how do the amoebas already have pseudopods when I can't even produce cytoplasm yet? They keep eating me even though I am perfectly silent and motionless!

1 hour ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Appears this may happen with the “Senior Unreal Engine” job position that is posted

https://thefunpimps.com/jobs/

Unreal can run a voxel game just as easily as Unity. I know they've said they have at least 2 games in the works. I assume one is some type of 7DTD2, that will probably still be voxel to some degree. Or other type of terrain deformation if they find something they like better. Of course, MM has mentioned making static terrain an option, so the next 7D could potentially have both voxel and static. I think they can make voxel better if they start from scratch and have more experienced devs. Let's be real, 7DTD has been rewritten a bunch due to old, bad code from devs that didn't really know what they were doing. But they can't really rewrite the whole game easily, so some of that junk is still here today. Hopefully a fresh start on a sequel will give better results.

I would bet if they start another IP, it will not be voxel related.

Honestly 7dtd but with medival setting could be better option that this but with more "darker" setting -  you know rotting corpses , hanging bodies, executions points , starved zombies , zombie teens (like amicia from a plague tale but zombie ) , spoiling food,  more traps options , better wounds system and gore etc

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Honestly 7dtd but with medival setting could be better option that this but with more "darker" setting -  you know rotting corpses , hanging bodies, executions points , starved zombies , zombie teens (like amicia from a plague tale but zombie ) , spoiling food,  more traps options , better wounds system and gore etc

Add some odd humor and it could be like Army of Darkness. 

I like this idea.

Another I would like to see is ships. Space ships or wooden ships or battleships or steam punk ships doesn’t matter. Visit Islands to find gear & food or supplies. Upgrade your ship and fight players or AI ships. Allow friends to join your ship and man the guns or repel boarding parties.

ships need to be HUGE with big chunks that can be blasted off.

4 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Add some odd humor and it could be like Army of Darkness. 

I like this idea.

Another I would like to see is ships. Space ships or wooden ships or battleships or steam punk ships doesn’t matter. Visit Islands to find gear & food or supplies. Upgrade your ship and fight players or AI ships. Allow friends to join your ship and man the guns or repel boarding parties.

ships need to be HUGE with big chunks that can be blasted off.

well i mean something like  a plague tale. you know very depressing like russian books

i want more game this way, im tired of fortnite among us  etc i want good sandbox which will be have setting similar to metro stalker days gone or a plague tale 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

Personally I'd want it to be a zombie survival game where you start as a lone wandering zombie and have to acquire juicy brains to acquire more power, use other zombies as live cover and join in on some 7 day hordes, evading all the traps that get in your way.

4 hours ago, Gazz said:

Personally I'd want it to be a zombie survival game where you start as a lone wandering zombie and have to acquire juicy brains to acquire more power, use other zombies as live cover and join in on some 7 day hordes, evading all the traps that get in your way.

actually, hell yeah!

hang on, is that a hint?

an online multiplayer universe where you can be a survivor or a zombie, choose sides and slog it out?

1 hour ago, NukemDed said:

an online multiplayer universe where you can be a survivor or a zombie, choose sides and slog it out?

There's actually Pandemic Express but that's purely a multiplayer game.

soooooo your new games are not exclusively multiplayer ?

which by extension means should be able to played offline?

that would please me immensely. i think your current model is perfect. i prefer sp and internet is limited...