The Pimps New Game

10 minutes ago, NukemDed said:

soooooo your new games are not exclusively multiplayer ?

which by extension means should be able to played offline?

that would please me immensely. i think your current model is perfect. i prefer sp and internet is limited...

Where did you get that from?

On 7/31/2021 at 6:01 AM, Fanatical_Meat said:

Where did you get that from?

lol. fishing bro, fishing...

actually caught 1 of the 3 fish left on my bucket list yesterday. a 22lb bluenose 🙂

fishing seems to be going well at the moment.

I would like a voxel game set in a world similar to the BLAME! universe, where AI has covered everything with machinery and humans are the cockroaches scurrying around trying to eke out an existence without being exterminated. I think that would work very well with a fully modifiable voxel world. You could have objectives such as find food, innovate your technology, analyze the machines to use aspects of them, make contact with other tribes, form a nation, etc.

Or a voxel game set in a decaying neon and concrete cyberpunk city where you're a gang member who rises to become leader, and then fights for territory against other gangs. You use the map to tactically decide which buildings to fortify and take over. Then you deploy your gang members along these areas, that will prevent other gangs reaquiring territory. There are different biomes (districts) consisting of areas that were once slick and beautiful but are now derelict and covered in garbage and graffiti. All the crafting and destructable world of 7dtd but in a Megacity-1 style world.

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

My bet is that we get details when 7 days goes into beta.

I wonder if they go early access again with their next title.

honestly : even not yet. this depends how Bandits AI will work. so they will tell something only when bandits will works good

7 minutes ago, Roland said:

I hope so. Otherwise it will be "behind closed doors" until like 2028...

But there will be a lot less complaints about when it will be finished or why they removed "X" if they did it behind closed doors  😁

I'm pretty sure they are wanting their next game to be out there in playable form within a year or two of 7 Days to Die's release. Plus, as an independent studio, the crowdfunding nature of Early Access is too effective to ignore.

I figure we'll have about a year break from being able to answer critics of a TFP game with "It's Alpha!" before we can return to that tried and true response again. ;)

btw, I have no knowledge of timetables so this is just pure speculation on my part. Other than tasking some of the artists to start the process of creating assets, everything is still very much focused on 7 Days to Die. Neither Rick nor Joel have hinted at when they plan to have the next game in playable form or at what point that will be released for public testing through EA.

7 minutes ago, Roland said:

I'm pretty sure they are wanting their next game to be out there in playable form within a year or two of 7 Days to Die's release. Plus, as an independent studio, the crowdfunding nature of Early Access is too effective to ignore.

I figure we'll have about a year break from being able to answer critics of a TFP game with "It's Alpha!" before we can return to that tried and true response again. ;)

btw, I have no knowledge of timetables so this is just pure speculation on my part. Other than tasking some of the artists to start the process of creating assets, everything is still very much focused on 7 Days to Die. Neither Rick nor Joel have hinted at when they plan to have the next game in playable form or at what point that will be released for public testing through EA.

There is a youtube video out there with a possibly inebriated Rick(?) saying vague stuff about a new game. I think it was from December 2020.

Just for comparison, though....

7 Days to Die started in concept on a napkin during Thanksgiving of 2012 and by the beginning of 2013 the Huenink Brothers were putting their concept into code using pretty much all stock art and sounds from the Unity store as well as other libraries. In July of 2013 the Kickstarter began and by August of 2013 the first playable Alpha 1 version of the game was released to all kickstarter participants. By December of 2013 the game released on Steam Early Access with Alpha 5 and it has continued to be available in playable form until today with original art, sounds, and music slowly replacing all of the stock assets they used as placeholders.

They are going to begin their next project with original art, sound, and music from the get go.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

1 minute ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Skyrim type setting with RNG and Fully Destructible / Buildable world.

and nudity, lots and lots of nudity.

nope i hate nudity . i want something deppresing dark and edgy.  like mix of plague tale and 7dtd

3 minutes ago, Roland said:

Just for comparison, though....

TFP started in concept on a napkin during Thanksgiving of 2012 and by the beginning of 2013 the Huenink Brothers were putting their concept into code using pretty much all stock art and sounds from the Unity store as well as other libraries. In July of 2013 the Kickstarter began and by August of 2013 the first playable Alpha 1 version of the game was released to all kickstarter participants. By December of 2013 the game released on Steam Early Access with Alpha 5 and it has continued to be available in playable form until today with original art, sounds, and music slowly replacing all of the original placeholders.

They are going to begin their next project with original art, sound, and music from the get go.

Honestly : i think next game will be on kickstarter too. so i expect  that it will be on kickstarter in this same month when 7dtd get gold

11 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

“Its an unannounced game based on Unreal and its really @%$#ing cool”

they of working on games : you know making concept of game is developing it too. but doesn't mean they have something playable