Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I cannot create a perimeter around my base with four electric fence posts. when the last is connected to the first the next line automatically disconnects. So it is more an electric barrier and not a fence. Would like to see them connectable into a loop.

Yeah you need 5 for a square

I get what gazz is saying, ammo capacity design is set to have some semblance of weight, so not doing so for the .50 cal would be an inconsistency.

I also get the who clipping thing. All weapons currently in game doesnt extend past 1 voxel block in front of the player. Adding a weapon that extends more then that and popping out through the other end would look wonky lol.

However, both of these issues can be overcome. Just scale the barret down in size to address the clipping concern, then lower the stack size but up the damage.

haha that was the point. If the firearm works to round out the theme they are going for, just make it work. Creative liberties have been used all over the game to make things fit. One more isn't going to hurt. ;)

Tbh we need nitrous, turbo charger mod (for 4x4 only), performance parts mod (increases chance of vehicle breakdown by 25% while increasing max speed by up to 100% and 25% more acceleration and also would be hard to find or make.), mounted machine gun, and even the ability to use a winch.

im trying not to throw ideas!

That is a machinegun, and is the T3 machinegun already. The assault rifle will be T2 machinegun and AK47 will be the T1 machinegun.

The blank I'm trying to fill is here: T1 Hunting rifle, T2 Marksman Rifle, T3 something cool here.

So I assume even tier1 ranged weapons will be very scarce until level 20, but you will find weapon parts for them occasionally. And the primitive bow will be sort of "tier0" and easily craftable.

So what's the plan for melee weapons? A primitive club as the only weapon (aka tier0) until level 20 or will tier1 melee weapons be generally available earlier than ranged tier1?

So I assume even tier1 ranged weapons will be very scarce until level 20, but you will find weapon parts for them occasionally. And the primitive bow will be sort of "tier0" and easily craftable.

So what's the plan for melee weapons? A primitive club as the only weapon (aka tier0) until level 20 or will tier1 melee weapons be generally available earlier than ranged tier1?

well if it will be that system. what will the Tier 0 guns be.

shotgun could be blunderbuss.

but what about the others?

like a musket , harmonica rifle , others?

Yeah you need 5 for a square

Yeah, that how I ended up doing it, but I had already built my foundation for one post per corner. Now one corner looks “different” haha. Just thought they should be able to make a closed loop perimeter. A19 request, if it doesn’t come to fruition then the next base will be built to accommodate the one double fence post

1, Zombies do take damage falling, and can break their legs. Any more would be game over by digging a trench.

2, No, I like my gear and want to keep it, thank you. Rust has perma degradation, it doesn't add much value, simply grinding for replacement gear all the time is boring and only needed if your game has zero depth to the items. Rusts engagements are one every 1-10 hours so to keep the top server dogs from dominating forever they make their gear fall apart so they have to grind/raid. Its your reward for raiding to not have to grind new gear. We have so much more combat and interactions that I don't think it is a good fit for our game.

It takes quite a while just to craft one armor set in 7 days, I don't want to do that over and over again, unless its an upgrade.

MM, could you add a parameter to the parameters of weapons and armor, the value of which will increase after each repair, make it possible to set the trigger to a certain value? This will enable modders to organize additional repair options for these items. Even if you don’t like it, it doesn’t mean that others think just like you)

You guys are doing a lot for modding, it will not be difficult for you to add such a "trifle" to Xml. Thanks )

A vespa with side attached rocket launcher...Sign me up that sounds cool and a good target for anti material rifle.

Nitros, supercharger etc sounds cool but really complex system to implement just to increase speed.

How about a second tank you can fill with grain alcohol that increases performance slightly but uses lots of fuel and alchohol.

Not sure what i would use a winch for ?

MG turret i think everyone would want but can it be balanced and not too convulted design wise.

Could decrease the tank size of the 4x4 and add a mod to increase it so you have to stop and refuel more often because the mg turret takes all the mod slots.

So to be clear you could have extra fuel tank or mg turret.

Maybe the you could mount the bipod anti material rifle i was talking about earlier to the 4x4 but maybe again might not be suitable.

well if it will be that system. what will the Tier 0 guns be.

shotgun could be blunderbuss.

but what about the others?

like a musket , harmonica rifle , others?

I had assumed tier0 would be just the primitive bow. Adding musket pistols and musket rifles sounds nice at first for the novelty, but it doesn't bring anything to the game. Why should I use a musket pistol if that thing is as ineffective as a blunderbuss, has only one shot and doesn't even have a small AoE effect?

I still think the top end rifle should be the .50cal. 5 shot mag. Bolt action. Hit's like a truck, but only 5 shots, and it's not the fastest to reload.

So you save it for the big zeds.

Yes someone will take it indoors etc, and will get swarmed.

Now, a .50cal TURRET... mmmm. Expensive, big, DURABLE, and of course, shreds the zeds.

(7.62 minigun with battlebox ammo... heh)

20mm gatling while would be hilarious, well, yeah, just cause of that.

I'll let someone else do the math on how much gunpowder, brass, lead you would need to make ammo.

Then how long it would take to make enough ammo for the thing to be useful. :)

All kinds of fun things that could be added, but really aren't all that practical.

105mm cannon with canister or flechette. hee-hee.

(but seriously .50cal is the right choice for end game rifle)

I had assumed tier0 would be just the primitive bow. Adding musket pistols and musket rifles sounds nice at first for the novelty, but it doesn't bring anything to the game. Why should I use a musket pistol if that thing is as ineffective as a blunderbuss, has only one shot and doesn't even have a small AoE effect?

Yeah that is why we went with super high tier weapons instead of more primitives. We NEED help late game and need more late game content, so we're doing auto shotty, m60, sharpshooter rifle, junk bot and desert eagle.

Yeah that is why we went with super high tier weapons instead of more primitives. We NEED help late game and need more late game content, so we're doing auto shotty, m60, sharpshooter rifle, junk bot and desert eagle.

Hope y'all adding SPAS12 :) (With a pinch of per-shell reload ;) ). I know it's not that powerful but it looks awesome.

By the way, if the new Vitamins didn't exist I would say that removing of drinking from hands is a good idea, but now I think it'd be nice to add that back. Think it would be useful if someone doesn't want to take glass jars, just uses Vitamins and then drinks lots of water from a lake.

Also, it's a good idea to add more late game content, as early game has been more full in content for forever now. Upcoming updates (A19) sound good.

Is there any news about tier 5 trader quests regarding selection of POI's , i noticed there is a tier 6 but this wont improve selection if you stick to the same model as there is only 12 tier 5 buildings.

Would it be possible to chain lower tier POI's together on a higher tier ?

Also melting down dukes is this going to changed so there made of plastic to increase the rarity of brass.

After doing some reading I gotta say im happy with what I am hearing.

1. New Books sound badass, glad to see them still coming

2. I do like that guns will be harder to find till later, they made the game way to easy early on.

3. I like seeing that my favorite pistol is being added, I love my desert eagle in other games.

From reading other things all i can point out is....

1. they could leave the smelting of dukes in and I don't believe it will effect much, I play single player so if it was removed I don't mind, but multiplayer makes sense to keep it in.

2. Love that a new sniper rifle is being added in for some nice change of pace, I can't wait to see what it is.

I cannot wait to see the changes in the perk trees, this is going to make it feel fresh all over again which is always welcome, one thing i wouldn't mind though, if i may, would be a clip mod for the hunting rifle to make it hold at least 3-5 bullets, not that I wouldn't use the other rifles, far from it, i just like how the hunting rifle looks and wish it could get a clip increase of some kind haha. And I cannot wait to see how those vehicles are from the new book, plus the tools, gonna be epic in my opinion.

Yes thinking about it the smelting of dukes was a silly question.

I was thinking of a system but would be too complex for the amount of gameplay gain.

Introducing steel bullet casings for standard ammo that increase wear on the firearm.

Also you couldnt use HP or AP ammo with steel casings.

And steel casings would need to made with coal(coke)

Then make the dukes out of another material so you would need to scavange brass in other ways.

Seems to make sense but doesn't bring much to the game.

Archived