Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Thanks, its great to see how we have impacted peoples lives in a positive way, and if you are a gamer like me, any game where I clock more than 1000 or even 100 hours I will automatically buy any sequel that studio makes in the future. 1000 hours of fun for 25-60 bucks? Sign me up!

1000 hours? I am well over 6000 hours at this point starting with 1.0. For me, $25 was an awesome investment. The only problem I have is the current RWG sucks. Even with all the issues 16.4 was the pinnacle Of 7d2d RWG. I do understand there is a lot of disabled functionality right now, but the whole concept of having a preset of the roads and making the terrain fit it is in my opinion, ANTI-7d2d. The totally messed up terrain of pre 17 made 7d2d totally unique. All you had to do was come up with a road builder that allowed for terrain and unlimited size for the map and everything would have been perfect.

Updated the first post:

Perk tree reduction

Many non combat perks didn't feel like they were worth investing into or the cost was too great for what they offered, so many perks are being reduced to 3 ranks instead of 5.

Lucky Looter: removed all digging bonuses.

New perception perk: Treasure Hunter: Become one of the greatest treasure hunters of all time learning tricks that would even make Blackbeard envious. Rank 1: Plunderer Narrow down treasure locations to 7 meters and find 10% more items in buried treasure. Rank 2: Maurader: 5 meters and 20% more items. Treasure Hunter: 3 meters and 30% more items.

The Infiltrator, Animal Tracker, The Penetrator, Lockpicking, Sexual Rex, Well Insulated, Living off the Land, Rule #1 Cardio, Run and Gun, Flurry of Blows, Parkour, Hidden Strike, From the Shadows, Daring Adventurer, Charismatic Nature, Physician will all have reductions or changes made to them. Yeah science will be removed and its perks distributed to others.

And I'm testing the random stats on every single quality item. They are not doing ok under a microscope (appart from padded and level 1 leather pieces which are not random by design).

Just to give a tiny bit example, level 4 firefighter's helmet has no randomness

I spawned several and got armor values of 11, 12, and 13.

and level 6 is never as good in defense as the level 4.

It really is annoying when people just make this stuff up.

Most likely purples will only spawn in legendary, and legendary purples won't spawn until a very high level. Guns might not even spawn until level 20 or so, or very rare before that, making crafting your first one more desirable. The intended design is that crafting color is typically ahead of the loot curve a bit.

That's good to hear as most of the feedback I have read indicated it was still the opposite. (Pre 18.2 at least...I'm still playing 18.1 myself) I'm sure that balancing change by itself will make crafting weapons that much more valuable.

Two small requests:

1. Make a line in the server settings that allows damage from falling zombies. I want zombies to break their legs. As before.

2. Make repairs to tools and weapons at 75% of your current maximum strength. That with each repair the maximum durability gradually decreased.

Now, if you found a tool or weapon level 6, the rest are not needed. Limiting repairs would solve this problem.

Sorry for the bad English. The Google translator.

1000 hours? I am well over 6000 hours at this point starting with 1.0.

I was saying any game where someone gets 1000+ hour in, would probably buy sequels from them without any hesitation. That probably kicks in at 50+ hours for me, since for me most games don't grab my attention.

It really is annoying when people just make this stuff up.

He probably was exaggerating or did very limited testing/observation and drew conclusions too soon...😂

Two small requests:

1. Make a line in the server settings that allows damage from falling zombies. I want zombies to break their legs. As before.

2. Make repairs to tools and weapons at 75% of your current maximum strength. That with each repair the maximum durability gradually decreased.

Now, if you found a tool or weapon level 6, the rest are not needed. Limiting repairs would solve this problem.

Sorry for the bad English. The Google translator.

1, Zombies do take damage falling, and can break their legs. Any more would be game over by digging a trench.

2, No, I like my gear and want to keep it, thank you. Rust has perma degradation, it doesn't add much value, simply grinding for replacement gear all the time is boring and only needed if your game has zero depth to the items. Rusts engagements are one every 1-10 hours so to keep the top server dogs from dominating forever they make their gear fall apart so they have to grind/raid. Its your reward for raiding to not have to grind new gear. We have so much more combat and interactions that I don't think it is a good fit for our game.

It takes quite a while just to craft one armor set in 7 days, I don't want to do that over and over again, unless its an upgrade.

So what is a bad ass top tier cool sniper rifle?

I ain't no gun but a semi-automatic 50 cal Barret M82 would be nice and fit in with the geographical area.

Specially crafted ammo required, automatically gets armour piercing, and will blow a hole the size of your fist through anything smaller than a tank.

YOU RELEASED SOMETHING THAT CAN NOT BE UNDONE! ideas!

AS50 , "700 nitro express" , intervention , Barrett 50.cal, L96 , Dragunov , M14 , PT-RS. thats all i can think of.

also maybe a mod for the hunting rifle that allows to shot a 50.cal round. for the cost of durability and recoil

AND Wears that M1A1!!

- - - Updated - - -

Anti-Material Rifle

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30986[/ATTACH]

ahh mw2 the good quick scoping days

IK im immature

WWII Anti-Tank Rifle :

Skip to 1:15 to see it up close.

Nuff said, this thing is the GOAT. Imagine using it for PVP and shooting a players vehicle.

Also, I don't know what you did to landmines but they are incredibly fun to use now. On an always sprint/nightmare game their usefulness skyrockets.

WWII Anti-Tank Rifle :
Skip to 1:15 to it up close.

Nuff said, this thing is the GOAT. Imagine using it for PVP and shooting a players vehicle.

Also, I don't know what you did to landmines but they are incredibly fun to use now. On an always sprint/nightmare game their usefulness skyrockets.

i thought it was a PT-RS

but hey a learned something new to day

Whatever is considered enough to kill any zombie in a single headshot. (Unless the zombie has multiple heads.)

Shouldn`t be so easy, even with the sniper, this is not FPS.

When time comes we`ll know more about legendary item`s props. I really can`t find a player that can`t wait for that. And devs will do it properly, no doubt.

Updated the first post:

Perk tree reduction

Many non combat perks didn't feel like they were worth investing into or the cost was too great for what they offered, so many perks are being reduced to 3 ranks instead of 5.

Lucky Looter: removed all digging bonuses.

New perception perk: Treasure Hunter: Become one of the greatest treasure hunters of all time learning tricks that would even make Blackbeard envious. Rank 1: Plunderer Narrow down treasure locations to 7 meters and find 10% more items in buried treasure. Rank 2: Maurader: 5 meters and 20% more items. Treasure Hunter: 3 meters and 30% more items.

The Infiltrator, Animal Tracker, The Penetrator, Lockpicking, Sexual Rex, Well Insulated, Living off the Land, Rule #1 Cardio, Run and Gun, Flurry of Blows, Parkour, Hidden Strike, From the Shadows, Daring Adventurer, Charismatic Nature, Physician will all have reductions or changes made to them. Yeah science will be removed and its perks distributed to others.

I always felt Furry of Blows should be an ancillary effect when perking into your weapon of choice. Or have a separate perk like it is now but have it affect everything melee; tools, 2 handers, even upgrading like hammers and nail guns. First choice is probably the better one because the second one would need a lot of rewrites and testing of other perks/items.

Shouldn`t be so easy, even with the sniper, this is not FPS.

When time comes we`ll know more about legendary item`s props. I really can`t find a player that can`t wait for that. And devs will do it properly, no doubt.

Can you elaborate on 7dtd not being an FPS and why that makes a one-hit kill weapon nonviable?

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived