Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Of course it has. What do you think, where the luggage is sorted and transported? It's all below in the cellar, thousands of meters of transport belts.... A huge maze.

Which runs like crap, is impossible to place in RWG and is still boring af. Why would a small rural AZ space too unimportant to bomb have an airport? It wouldn't.

Can we get Powered Junk turrets?

I would love to leave them on at my base - Junk is so much better then expensive ammo :)

I leave several around my base, but I noticed after 6 it so that they started disappearing. They are still there because they will fire and you can hear the hum, but you can't see them pick them up or reload them.

They make great localized defense assistance for single player, and saved my begun when I forgot it was a horde night while painting... Lol!

No 4 legged followers look like crap vs a hovering or tank tread/ bipedal robot.

I think he's saying once "follow mode" exists in code, the skin of the follower can be changed by modders.

For whatever my $0.02 is worth these days (less than a duke, I reckon) I'd rather not see hovering nor bipedal robots. Wheeled or tank-tread perhaps. This isn't Fallout and the tech-level niche it's inhabiting is perfect as-is.

Of course it has. What do you think, where the luggage is sorted and transported? It's all below in the cellar, thousands of meters of transport belts.... A huge maze.

I can see the appeal of an airport POI.

A large, flat, area to build a custom keep with a nearby concrete bunker/complex that requires quite a bit of effort to make secure instead of the usual pre-built survivalist bunkers.

No 4 legged followers look like crap vs a hovering or tank tread/ bipedal robot.

but its the wasteland!

a wasteland is not a wasteland until you have mans best friend with you!

also the robot!

treads , wheels , spider legs or bipedal

not hovering plz no... that's like if i got drunk and got on here!

I can see the appeal of an airport POI.

A large, flat, area to build a custom keep with a nearby concrete bunker/complex that requires quite a bit of effort to make secure instead of the usual pre-built survivalist bunkers.

maybe not a Airport but maybe a Airfield with a small sized hanger thats a similar to a barn and a house

I'd rather not see hovering nor bipedal robots. Wheeled or tank-tread perhaps. This isn't Fallout and the tech-level niche it's inhabiting is perfect as-is.

Probably it depends if they will make it for tough terrain, hovering one will go no matter where you climb or jump around fences. A wheeled could have collision problems with all that stuff on the ground. Just a theory you know. Both could be even better, but we don`t have the word, so I am grabbing a huge barrel of popcorn.

i don't mind if it on wheels , or walking on 2 legs. Just for the LOVE of god not hovering

maybe something like a spider , 4 legs or wheels just NOT hovering. PLZZ

*putting my hand on your shoulder*

"No 4 legged followers look like crap vs a hovering or tank tread/ bipedal robot." -by Madmole, few posts ago.

Lets just wait, they have enough time to do it and we have enough time to find a new ways to die ingame :p

I think it is what Ouch wants, too. Ya, a couple of more small buidlings to find parts or tools, a gas pump, would be a nice touch.

yeah like a fuel station by the hanger , a workshop with some tools. a 2 story house with a Solid concert room where the persons "keys" and special goods would be. you start by going to the hanger, deal with some zeds. and you climb over some scaffolding next to a small plane and climbing the top. and then you climb a radio tower to the house. (why do you not enter the house?, its due to it being made of brick and the inside has traps. due to the person who lived there being prepared for the apocalypse) then you enter the house through the roof and go down , kill zeds and avoid mines and spikes. after you reach the kitchen there will be a cellar door and down below is a small bunker where the people were during the outbreak. and the way to get to the loot is that behind a lot of trash and boxes there's a tunnel that leads to the side.

and then you made it with 1 gun safe, 2 working stiff boxes , 2 shamway and a chest!

Which runs like crap

It cant run any worse than the water treatment place next to a red mesa does currently lol

A small airport is a great idea. Not so much all the underground luggage style. Maybe military with barracks IE dayZ style airfield.

happy holidays

Give us a hint?

700.nitro express

- - - Updated - - -

(a makeshift gun that uses a special blend of chemicals( Rotten flesh , acid , Gas , Paint and oil) to make a Sticky and Acidic substance (like snowdog ;) ) and it melts zombies by removing their limbs and acts like a gas that's in the air) (note, ammo is Hard to make) (also only can be made our bought not findable)"

this is for you snow dog:D

I think he's saying once "follow mode" exists in code, the skin of the follower can be changed by modders.

For whatever my $0.02 is worth these days (less than a duke, I reckon) I'd rather not see hovering nor bipedal robots. Wheeled or tank-tread perhaps. This isn't Fallout and the tech-level niche it's inhabiting is perfect as-is.

Modern day robots are quite advanced:

My hope is that modders can use it as a framework to add follower npcs in case we don't do that ourselves.

but its the wasteland!

a wasteland is not a wasteland until you have mans best friend with you!

also the robot!

treads , wheels , spider legs or bipedal

not hovering plz no... that's like if i got drunk and got on here!

Zombie dogs have been in the game for quite some time, enjoy :)

Probably it depends if they will make it for tough terrain, hovering one will go no matter where you climb or jump around fences. A wheeled could have collision problems with all that stuff on the ground. Just a theory you know. Both could be even better, but we don`t have the word, so I am grabbing a huge barrel of popcorn.

Yeah that is why I was thinking hovering might be good for those odd use cases where it can't easily catch up to the player.

It cant run any worse than the water treatment place next to a red mesa does currently lol

A small airport is a great idea. Not so much all the underground luggage style. Maybe military with barracks IE dayZ style airfield.

happy holidays

I'm not arguing, just saying level design has no intent for any more giant POIs that slow the game down when they have tickets to optimize 100 POIs yet. So I wouldn't get your hopes up. Get to modding and chuck it in if you want one.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived