Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Madmole. Also I tried looking for the vid with it in but couldnt find it. What ever happened to the blue prints you were talking about implementing. back a14/a15ish mentioned on a16 thread as delayed.

where say I make a prefab and turn it into a blueprint and another wants to use it so they need the blue print and they have to bluild block by block using the exact same block etc. Is that still happening

Got a couple ideas for A19

1. Ability for passenger to shoot out of vehicle

2. Option for classic vehicle controls and the new one (find the new one a pain when I want to look around while driving down a straight road)

3. Lower turrets so weapon muzzle sits central to middle of second a block (I like to give turrets a one block hole to shoot through with ramp and ramp corner wall protection)

4. Power, A more advanced and bigger electricity supply and maybe an ability to chain together multiple solar panels to a block that adds their total power together Maybe efficient to the lowest power solar bank e.g. 3x banks 2x 180, 1x 100, 180+100+180 or 3x banks, 3x 180w, 180+180+ 180. 3x banks, 2x 180, 1x 100, 100+100+100 which ever is most possible if either are possible

5. Power transmission over long distances with less power loss impact

E.g. current connection relay uses one watt allowing only around 16blocks connection distance

Step up step down transformer blocks

For power transmission relay, gives chance of electric shock within x blocks when powered and increases the boxer you get

Power transmission relay has chance of cause electric shock when powered within x blocks again increases the closer you get, can only be connected to step up and down transformer block max connection distance 32-50 blocks

6. Maintained lighting, like the battery bank but using one slot having a light bulb with a quality rating that will break over time of use with random deterioration speed, possibly higher quality lower power use and longer life of just longer life?

7. Any chance of increasing vehicle light level as I cannot see a thing infront untill I’m nearly crashing into it

8. Boats?

I think those are all the ideas I have atm hope some are of use :)

Yeah that is why we went with super high tier weapons instead of more primitives. We NEED help late game and need more late game content, so we're doing auto shotty, m60, sharpshooter rifle, junk bot and desert eagle.

What's happening to the SMG if the Deagle is the T3 pistol?

A despawn timer for vultures on horde night would be nice. Say a couple minutes if they haven't managed to attack something.

There are a bunch of base designs where if the vultures can't immediately get to you they'll fly up to the sky and sit there unless you manage to pick them off. They take up a slot of an active horde zombie and keep accumulating until the horde eventually dwindles to nothing as you have 8 (or however big a horde you've set) flying half way to the sun trying to find a path to you.

This forces you to continually leave and deal with them just to keep the horde coming or to purposely build a vulnerability into you base to deal with the problem when all you should be doing is trying to survive a zombie onslaught.

A despawn timer for vultures on horde night would be nice. Say a couple minutes if they haven't managed to attack something.

There are a bunch of base designs where if the vultures can't immediately get to you they'll fly up to the sky and sit there unless you manage to pick them off. They take up a slot of an active horde zombie and keep accumulating until the horde eventually dwindles to nothing as you have 8 (or however big a horde you've set) flying half way to the sun trying to find a path to you.

This forces you to continually leave and deal with them just to keep the horde coming or to purposely build a vulnerability into you base to deal with the problem when all you should be doing is trying to survive a zombie onslaught.

Good point, horde night vultures should die automatically if unengaged for too long....

Yeah that is why we went with super high tier weapons instead of more primitives. We NEED help late game and need more late game content, so we're doing auto shotty, m60, sharpshooter rifle, junk bot and desert eagle.

!!!!! Very excited for this. ^^

Randomly, vultures are annoying... even on a motorcycle they follow you for miles.

Rabdomly, managed to get a motorcycle by level 6. Got lucky finding a chasiss and crucible in loot since the closest trader was 3k away.

Anomolyrab, would it be possible to link town,street, and trader code so there is at least 1 trader between towns instead of the clustering habit? It's not a big deal. It's just a little frustrating multiplayer when you spawn 3-4k away from everyone and the closest trader is 3-4k away but there are 3 more within 2k of each other and farther for your original position. Just an idea for random gen revamps.

Radlynomano, could there also be a setting for base damage separating tools from weapons? Accidentally dealing damage to your stuff via random shotty blast or defending with AP bullets sucks. However, tools would still deal normal block damage...... maybe just an idea for modders...

That's it, Enjoying playing the game.

side note: prolly a dumb idea but, what about animal training? I want a chicken to carry my gear and a rabbit to attack my foes.

Some high power rifles would be

Semi Auto-

Barrett M107A1 (50Cal)

Barrett Model 82A1 (50Cal)

AS50 (50Cal)

GM6 Lynx (50Cal)

Bolt-Action

Barrett M95 (50Cal)

Barrett Model M99 (50Cal)

.50 BMG ULR 153-SB (50Cal)

AX50 (50Cal)

Cadex Tremor 50BMG (50Cal)

Desert Tech Bolt Action Rifle (50cal, .416 Barrett, 300WM, 338 lapua)

EDIT:

Meant to post this at 1pm but anyway here some cool rifles

So you want terminators in game now with junk bot..

That is a machinegun, and is the T3 machinegun already. The assault rifle will be T2 machinegun and AK47 will be the T1 machinegun.

The blank I'm trying to fill is here: T1 Hunting rifle, T2 Marksman Rifle, T3 something cool here.

just make the blunderbuss or junk gun T1 and move the other two up....you dont need more rifles in game..you need more zombies and useful content. Like an Airport POI, Bigger maps, Caves and traps.

As far as blueprint mode that can share our own pois someone has mentioned, as a weird idea, why not have blueprints able to be found that will construct a basic poi already in the game? We could place it and live in it as if we created it ourselves, just as a thought, sure its game breaking but I think it would be kinda cool lol.

On a serious note, I can't wait to see the new sniper rifle, making them look more junk-y sounds awesome to me, more survival style, in regards to that would we get different guns then? As in a pre-zombie version and the junk-y look alike where the rare originals did more damage over all?

just make the blunderbuss or junk gun T1 and move the other two up....you dont need more rifles in game..you need more zombies and useful content. Like an Airport POI, Bigger maps, Caves and traps.

ok ouch i give in. its been a year at least ive been here. always the airport poi. i admire your commitment but what is it with that bro? i may have missed something somewhere so please enlighten me :-)

and glad to see your cough has cleared up

i think he's talking about the Junk Turret/Junker so i don't think that we will have a junker on wheels.

but the Desert eagle sounds cool!

also will Navezgane get a size upgrade?

Behemoth is cut forever. Bandit concepts are getting some minor revisions but modeling has begun on nude bases.

Can you explain why the team made the decision to cut the Behemoth? Good to hear the bandits are being worked on, I hope they are in A19.

[/u]

i think he's talking about the Junk Turret/Junker so i don't think that we will have a junker on wheels.

but the Desert eagle sounds cool!

also will Navezgane get a size upgrade?

Keep in mind that Int guys only have 1 ranged weapon right now (junk turret) and only 1 melee weapon (stun baton).

They need 2 more tiers for each type to balance them out among the other trees.

I think Demolishers took their place as a horde night challenge but I could be misspeaking. Th sheer size of them were causing pathing issues etc.

Well maybe they dont have to scrap him fully!

they can uses its model for something else.

and i don't think the behemoth (if it was in the game) should be the size of 2 story house.

if i was going to make him. i would make him around 9 or 10 feet fall. has natural armor. Punches through buildings like a wet paper towstel. a roar to summon Zeds , a leg stomp and a arm swipe.

and for early game maybe a zombie that looks like a demolisher but in normal clothes as "infected bodybuilder" that could act like a mini boss for early game and even late game. (he can be only "behemoth class" zombie that can have subtypes.

and 1 would update to a feral zombie to make him into a smart zed, able to jump really tall and far, dough and roll away from attacks. and make him super scary.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived