Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I spawned several and got armor values of 11, 12, and 13.

I spawned several and got armor values of 11, 12, and 13.

It really is annoying when people just make this stuff up.

Sorry for the rushed tip, no homo, but it is made with the best intentions in mind. I did not make definitive statements, yet. I need further testing as I only spawned 25 each quality.

Also, the environment of the test is not ideal as it is the creative menu, instead of actual containers.

The thing is, while the creative spawnings overlap (when deleting letters to refresh), the in game ones seem to hold.

My guess is there's something happening in creative and it shouldn't, so still a bug.

Can you tip me as to how do I spawn them properly? I seem to be wasting a lot of time doing bland observations on this bug, which appears to be just a creative menu one.

Thank you in advance.

That is a machinegun, and is the T3 machinegun already. The assault rifle will be T2 machinegun and AK47 will be the T1 machinegun.

The blank I'm trying to fill is here: T1 Hunting rifle, T2 Marksman Rifle, T3 something cool here.

A .50 cal weapon one of those big ones that leaves the whole the size of a football in a zombies head

I think the loot system can be changed. A certain loot in a certain place. For example, in an ordinary house you can find clothes and food, in a medicine hospital, in a factory with weapons, weapons, parts of weapons and fashion.I have a bad English, sorry

I have an idea radio, its 2 kinds broken and working. The working radio can be turned on and you will hear the voice of a random merchant, when nps with normal intelligence appear, you can turn on the radio and take a task from them.

So what is a bad ass top tier cool sniper rifle?

As expected, a lot of .50 caliber rifles were mentioned but... they really only look cool in movies where you don't see the guy with the wheelbarrow carting all the ammo.

100 rounds of 7.62mm weigh around 2.5 kg.

100 rounds of .50 cal weigh around 12 kg.

While we don't actually model weight in the game it gets hard to maintain suspension of disbelief at this level of crazy. =)

If it must be a bigger round, the .338 Lapua has already been suggested. This round was developed specifically for roles like a military sniper and it's been around long enough to not be a highly exotic caliber.

There are plenty of "cool looking" rifles that use it, like the

Ruger Precision Rifle,

AXMC,

Noreen Firearms Bad News.

As expected, a lot of .50 caliber rifles were mentioned but... they really only look cool in movies where you don't see the guy with the wheelbarrow carting all the ammo.

While we don't actually model weight in the game it gets hard to maintain suspension of disbelief at this level of crazy. =)

If it must be a bigger round, the .338 Lapua has already been suggested. This round was developed specifically for roles like a military sniper and it's been around long enough to not be a highly exotic caliber.

Ruger Precision Rifle,

AXMC,

1 concrete block 2.5 tonnes. 5 concrete blocks 12500 tonne.... Ammo is not an issue to carry around.

Those snipers are cool but kinda the same as the one already in game..... so kinda pointless IMHO

That is a machinegun, and is the T3 machinegun already. The assault rifle will be T2 machinegun and AK47 will be the T1 machinegun.

The blank I'm trying to fill is here: T1 Hunting rifle, T2 Marksman Rifle, T3 something cool here.

some sort of rail gun

shoots thru blocks and zds players etc up to max cumulative hp. kinetic energy only goes so far

block is destroyed so not so smart to use thru your own walls

diamond plus forged steel for ammo

graphics and descriptions ill leave to you

1 concrete block 2.5 tonnes. 5 concrete blocks 12500 tonne.... Ammo is not an issue to carry around.

You know that we don't consider weight for building blocks. ;) You can carry about 2x the weight of the Titanic in concrete...

For usable items the stack sizes represent some semblance of weight and bulk so that 9mm stacks 2x as high as 7.62mm.

So yes, "weight" does matter in this case.

Using the same factor, a full stack size of .50cal would be 30 rounds.

Using .338 would increase your "reasonable engagement range" to maybe 600-1000m (which we don't have in the game) instead of the 300m (which we don't have in the game) with 7.62mm.

So a very substantial "improvement".

Now the M82 would have a whole host of problems, like

- looking stupid while casually aiming a 14kg rifle (really?) and

- having this up to 140cm monster of a rifle model clip through everything.

So no. Not a good idea in a game.

You know that we don't consider weight for building blocks. ;) You can carry about 2x the weight of the Titanic in concrete...

For usable items the stack sizes represent some semblance of weight and bulk so that 9mm stacks 2x as high as 7.62mm.

So yes, "weight" does matter in this case.

Using the same factor, a full stack size of .50cal would be 30 rounds.

Using .338 would increase your "reasonable engagement range" to maybe 600-1000m (which we don't have in the game) instead of the 300m (which we don't have in the game) with 7.62mm.

So a very substantial "improvement".

Now the M82 would have a whole host of problems, like

- looking stupid while casually aiming a 14kg rifle (really?) and

- having this up to 140cm monster of a rifle model clip through everything.

So no. Not a good idea in a game.

Lol I don't know my gun names so let's say this m82 is the one I am meaning lol. Then limit the stack size like you do with other ammo. Instead of 100 make the size 50 or 15. And I am sure you guys can make it not clip.... but then even being out in the forest with it nothing to clip into.

Your not gonna use it inside a building lol...

Btw are we gonna have the ability to carry weapons on our back at some stage like soldiers etc and pistols in holders strapped to your leg or chest etc

Oh, yes, players will use it in buildings.

And if it does NOT clip then players will need a lot of space for turning with this thing and be furious that they have the mobility of a minibike in a POI. LOL

All of these complications are easily avoided by not choosing a rifle that is beyond stupid for the purposes in game. =P

Oh, yes, players will use it in buildings.

And if it does NOT clip then players will need a lot of space for turning with this thing and be furious that they have the mobility of a minibike in a POI. LOL

All of these complications are easily avoided by not choosing a rifle that is beyond stupid for the purposes in game. =P

Then that is their issue for using it inside lol. No one to complain to lol.

So what happened to these guns when the app happened lol aliens took em. Lol. I totally disagree with you here but just my 2 cents opinion.

Claiming realism in one hand then refukeing it in another isn't really productive to the convo. I understand what your saying and all but if you can carry 20 million tonne of blocks you can carry a handful of ammo lol.

The clipping happens in Skyrim no one bats a eye lid and still enjoy having fun. Fallout 3 4 and 5 clipping with weapons. Still fun and enjoyable.... mention within 7 dtd lol realism gets bought into it lol 😝😜

Ps: both games are also still multi million dollar plus games...

Pss: pretty sure the art guys or whoever design the weapons can make one that fits in the game even with its size. Code where it won't allow you to use it inside is the better solution which is very capable of happening rather then blatantly using the easiest answer one could come up with to avoid . But i just a player not a dev.

I can see the logic of not having a .50 cal as a sniper rifle , maybe in the future an option is to make one bipod mount only where your fixed to place it and fire it.

Question is how useful is an anti material rifle with limited ammo and fixed to the ground ?

Would it be used and would it be worth spending time to develop.

Now if bandits attacked my base with trebuchets i would proberly want one and maybe use it to take out high armoured entitys or bandit bases.

Ruger Precision Rifle,

AXMC,

The guy with the truck carrying my 1500 concrete blocks and real dolls has some spare room for the 50 cal ammo

You all threw suspension of disbelief out, a long time ago, as well as logic in many instances.

Whats the point of NOW worrying about it?

People bring up blocks but that was a game play mechanic you couldn't get around.

Try Food.

Being able to just pick up vehicles and put them in your bag.

Hey hows that Helicopter coming along?!

etc.,etc.,etc.,

You are way past the point of no return already. Whats 1 more added to the list?

GL!

Oh, so not obvious then...

The converted M60 50cal Sniper rifle is my favorit rifle of all time. Makes you feel like you're firing a rifle, and not making popcorn. Also, it is deadly accurate (in the right hands).

I prefer it much more over the purpose build M24, which is a kids Sniper rifle ;)

Logically i was agreeing it would made sense to make it not clip and then you have no worries about collision detection , people scoping though walls etc.

HE anti material rifle kinda makes the rocket launcher even less used.

As for the weight issue and realism i don't really think it comes into the discussion as you can keep a vehicle in your backpack/toolbelt.

Would it be okay to breach high strength blocks and safes with it , what about vehicles seems like a grief weapon.

What about effictive range how would that fit in with LOD.

I'm not really arguing the point that its not viable just thinking its not that simple to add a 50.cal

something I've always wondered is how many AK-47's are there in America right now, to make them the easiest to obtain rifle?

If this game was based in Russia sure, but America?

I'm from the UK, so if 7DTD was based here there would be almost no guns anywhere :), we'd just be throwing cups of tea at them shouting Guv'nor a lot.

Logically i was agreeing it would made sense to make it not clip and then you have no worries about collision detection , people scoping though walls etc.

HE anti material rifle kinda makes the rocket launcher even less used.

As for the weight issue and realism i don't really think it comes into the discussion as you can keep a vehicle in your backpack/toolbelt.

Would it be okay to breach high strength blocks and safes with it , what about vehicles seems like a grief weapon.

What about effictive range how would that fit in with LOD.

I'm not really arguing the point that its not viable just thinking its not that simple to add a 50.cal

well if there was a big zombie then a 50.cal would be useful.

so i think it should be something that's not a 50.cal but still packs a punch

maybe a Semi auto rifle that also be modified into a half decent Combat rifle. like a PSG1

A classic American weapon used in many wars and is reliable. like the M14.

and yes the RPG is not used to much. witch is kinda sad.

something I've always wondered is how many AK-47's are there in America right now, to make them the easiest to obtain rifle?

If this game was based in Russia sure, but America?

I'm from the UK, so if 7DTD was based here there would be almost no guns anywhere :), we'd just be throwing cups of tea at them shouting Guv'nor a lot.

Nah you prolly be sitting down with them drinking tea hehe :-P but yeh your probably right lol...

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived