Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Since the Dev Diary has been completely derailed by Arnoldology and Schwarzeneggerisms* it's time for one of The Gronxes (in)famous fun facts!

Mr Schwarzenegger wanted to do the dubbing for the German version of Conan but the studio refused. The reason is that in his native language the accent he has is normally associated with the farming community and has overtones of not being the sharpest tool in the box. A good analogy would be David Prowse' original voice acting for the Star Wars films, Mr Prowse is from the South-West of England which also suffers from the same stereotype.

This means that when you do an Arny impression you probably sounds like the Wurzels** to a native speaker.

"Can't read nor write but that don't matter, I come from west country and I drive tractor"

- Traditional Cornish saying

*Couldn't decide which I preffered so I put both :-)

** Or Hayseed Dixie if you're American

I have quite a few of them memorized. Back in the early 90s I was starting my own business so I did without cable tv and just watched arnold movies on my vcr, star wars, etc whatever I had in my video collection, which was mostly arnold movies lol. Its funny you mention this the other day I was texting my gf and we had a thing going where to win the contest you had to text more arnold lines than the other person. Go one at a time until the other person runs out then you win. I won of course lol.

That sounds a fantastic drinking game lol.....

More quest givers would be nice to have in the cities. Just a guy standing in front of a poi. Quick and convenient quest to run through while exploring the city. Sometime when you don't have a bicycle you can only do one quest on that day.

maybe randomly some POIs would be Inhabited my Humans or Bandits, but some POIs are always inhabited like the survivor camps. if you try to take stuff from it they will attack you, zombies can kill them all, some have quest and trade but have limited dukes unlike the traders.

Since the Dev Diary has been completely derailed by Arnoldology and Schwarzeneggerisms* it's time for one of The Gronxes (in)famous fun facts!

Mr Schwarzenegger wanted to do the dubbing for the German version of Conan but the studio refused. The reason is that in his native language the accent he has is normally associated with the farming community and has overtones of not being the sharpest tool in the box. A good analogy would be David Prowse' original voice acting for the Star Wars films, Mr Prowse is from the South-West of England which also suffers from the same stereotype.

This means that when you do an Arny impression you probably sounds like the Wurzels** to a native speaker.

"Can't read nor write but that don't matter, I come from west country and I drive tractor"

- Traditional Cornish saying

*Couldn't decide which I preffered so I put both :-)

** Or Hayseed Dixie if you're American

Probably like hillbilly American accent, I can see why they wouldn't want it.

Woah, so they're re-doing the graphics? I just saw Twitter, all the new models. I honestly didn't expect that, at least not yet. I expected that for when the game went gold.

Gold is when you are finished not have a massive list of work to do.

Do we know if this game will every be compatible with Macs again? I was so excited for A17 and my laptop just didn't have enough power to run it. Even on it's lowest settings I couldn't function. I know that Macs aren't gaming laptops so you can spare me the lecture. I even bought a newer Mac (I needed one anyway) with a ton more power than my old one so that I could run it (my old one never had issues running any of the alphas until 17) and it didn't help at all.

Do we know if this game will every be compatible with Macs again? I was so excited for A17 and my laptop just didn't have enough power to run it. Even on it's lowest settings I couldn't function. I know that Macs aren't gaming laptops so you can spare me the lecture. I even bought a newer Mac (I needed one anyway) with a ton more power than my old one so that I could run it (my old one never had issues running any of the alphas until 17) and it didn't help at all.

I've spent well over 700 hours on this game so I was really heartbroken when I had to stop playing

I've spent well over 700 hours on this game so I was really heartbroken when I had to stop playing

I know that money doesn't fall from the sky and that often we all have more pressing priorities for our money... BUUUT, would it be so impossible for you to just buy a decent dedicated gaming rig with a Win OS? I mean, if you can scrape up 1K, you'd probably have solved the problem for some time. Just saying... :-]

I know that money doesn't fall from the sky and that often we all have more pressing priorities for our money... BUUUT, would it be so impossible for you to just buy a decent dedicated gaming rig with a Win OS? I mean, if you can scrape up 1K, you'd probably have solved the problem for some time. Just saying... :-]

Or perhaps the game could be run with the specs that were required when the person bought the game.

The continual pushing for better graphics over performance is something that really grinds my gears about this game.

Note: I have at least two computers that'll run this game at max settings and I wouldn't even think of telling anyone to just "buy a new computer". Neither would I advise anyone to run windows unless they _really_ had no other option. The linux build is pretty much always faster when running 7dtd.

Archived