Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I know that money doesn't fall from the sky and that often we all have more pressing priorities for our money... BUUUT, would it be so impossible for you to just buy a decent dedicated gaming rig with a Win OS? I mean, if you can scrape up 1K, you'd probably have solved the problem for some time. Just saying... :-]

Yes. It would be so impossible considering we're both laid off due to COVID. Also, it would be at LEAST 2k considering my partner would need a whole new setup too. He has a pretty good PC and it doesn't run the game either. Like @The Gronk said, constantly increasing (exponentially) the space and power this game needs is going to make it virtually unplayable for anyone other than those hardcore gamers. I don't have issues running any other games.

Furthermore, my OP said please spare the lecture, the Q wasn't for you. Thanks.

Hope TFP fix the bugs about hitbox at all and improve farming system. Hope they turn the game a bit more realistic and turn recipes made with rotten flesh, less nutritive than the ones made with fresh flesh.

Hope TFP turn feral and radioactive zombies Spawn in the streets and wild and not just like sleepers.

Hope the old day horders of 30 enemies roaming the streets at Alpha 16 back to the game and not only the random small hordes with 5-10 enemies.

Hope the game progression turn more dificulty and dont turn boring at late game when I can just kill 500 zeds at bloodmoon on foot with a m60 so easily.

Hope we can again craft tier 6 grade items, but it cost many resourcers and many other paired items.

Just feelings of a old player with 2200 hours of gameplay and brought around 20 players to buy and play this game.

Sorry for bad grammar.

Hope TFP fix the bugs about hitbox at all and improve farming system. Hope they turn the game a bit more realistic and turn recipes made with rotten flesh, less nutritive than the ones made with fresh flesh.

Hope TFP turn feral and radioactive zombies Spawn in the streets and wild and not just like sleepers.

Hope the old day horders of 30 enemies roaming the streets at Alpha 16 back to the game and not only the random small hordes with 5-10 enemies.

Hope the game progression turn more dificulty and dont turn boring at late game when I can just kill 500 zeds at bloodmoon on foot with a m60 so easily.

Hope we can again craft tier 6 grade items, but it cost many resourcers and many other paired items.

Just feelings of a old player with 2200 hours of gameplay and brought around 20 players to buy and play this game.

Sorry for bad grammar.

Uff where to start.

Hitboxes: Yeah they could need some tweaking. Overall they have gotten a lot better.

Farming System: That has JUST got overhauled with A18 and i really doubt they will do some impact heavy changes there. Better start dealing with it^^.

Radioactive Zeds will be removed/replaced as far as i understood. Wilderness will get a dynamic Event System ( no clue when) Also Wasteland will get more dangerous sometime.

Horde-Sizes depend on your Gamestage. I got really bad/big Hordes comming after me Level 50+

Agree that Lategame needs more care/Depth. But of course it turns into a Powerfantasy at some point, thats the reward for the survival Struggle.

NEVER EVER i want to craft Tier 6 Items. We need reasons to get our Arse off our Base and go looting. Gotta catch em all.

As someone with several thousands hours too, let me tell you: You might fall in love again with the game, as i do right now after months of break, but it will NEVER feel like the first time before.

Only new Alphas are able to create that feel, but the "All new" feeling wears out too.

NEVER EVER i want to craft Tier 6 Items. We need reasons to get our Arse off our Base and go looting. Gotta catch em all.

I dont want Easy Gameplay like A17 where u can craft all tier 6 from simple resourcers. I want something magic like the old system where i need look for lots of weapon parts to craft my own weapon tier 6.

I dont want Easy Gameplay like A17 where u can craft all tier 6 from simple resourcers. I want something magic like the old system where i need look for lots of weapon parts to craft my own weapon tier 6.

They are working constantly into bringing better experience and value of what we find, upgrade and build.

And since the developers follow strictly their goals, it not quite possible to bring everything we want, time matters, too.

I have quite a few of them memorized. Back in the early 90s I was starting my own business so I did without cable tv and just watched arnold movies on my vcr, star wars, etc whatever I had in my video collection, which was mostly arnold movies lol. Its funny you mention this the other day I was texting my gf and we had a thing going where to win the contest you had to text more arnold lines than the other person. Go one at a time until the other person runs out then you win. I won of course lol.

I hope you are aware that there's a metal band that actually do songs ONLY with Arnold's quote (and it's not amateur) ?

Named "Austrian Death Machine". I recommand the single : "I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle".

And if your not into metal. Too bad :p

Warning though : it's pretty stupid lol

I'm all for stickley looting tier 6.

Hit boxes are fine for me. If I miss I can usually tell the zombie moved out of my crosshairs just as I was swinging. Glad they dont just stand there and let you hit them.

If you want harder or more late game play overhauls, plenty to chose from. Only reason I have about 4000 hours since bought game A15. MM already stated vanilla is for attracting new players and totally understand that. Even when first bought game, I only played vanilla for maybe 2 weeks.

Nothing wrong with farming in my opinion.

Archived