Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

And the UI will stay the same right? Or the dynamic resolution won't use render scale and instead change the whole resolution, thus making even the UI blurrier?

Dynamic resolution changes the rendering of the world. The UI is then rendered on top at full resolution.

Well, me and my friend were on the Barret camp, so dragulov is kinda let down. @devs Can you tell enlighten us how you end up chosing specifically dragunov as a base model? Intervertion were also a popular choise, when you asked it few 100's pages ago.

Mainly because it makes no sense whatsoever for a one man team so the suspension of disbelief would have to do some somersaults there.

A .50 cal rifle is something you put in a fixed position and for a very specific purpose, not a (somewhat) general purpose marksman rifle.

Ahem, M60? Weighs about the same as a Barrett 50 cal with no ammo accounted for. With the M60 box ammo it surpasses the B50 in weight. M60 was also a two person affair having a person feed the gun as not to jam.

So much in this game makes no real life sense; I rather feel like a one man army than worry if I'm breaking some RL workings.

Ahem, M60? Weighs about the same as a Barrett 50 cal with no ammo accounted for. With the M60 box ammo it surpasses the B50 in weight. M60 was also a two person affair having a person feed the gun as not to jam.

So much in this game makes no real life sense; I rather feel like a one man army than worry if I'm breaking some RL workings.

You're overlooking the complications of adding additional ammo types. Unless you wanted to move to AK-47, M-60, Browning M-2 (which is undeniably NOT man-portable) for automatic weapons, then going with a Barrett means a completely new type of ammo that would only exist for one weapon. We have that now for the .44 Magnum, but they're finally fixing that with the Desert Vulture. (I'd also like to see a lever action, but that's more of a mod thing). Let's not unfix it for a new rifle.

That said, if they DID add the Barrett, you would immediately have a bone of contention. There would be the people who would be going "but why can't we have the Desert Vulture in .50 if we're already using .50 ammo in the game for the Barrett?", and then there would be the people who've actually seen the ammo types in question and/or are gun types.

Besides, for a setting like 7 Days? A Barrett is heavy, unweildy, and not worth the pain. How many engine blocks in a row do you need to shoot through? If my choice was between a Barrett and even a hunting rifle with a box mag, for sniper work in a ZA? Hunting rifle all day long. Dragunov is even better.

I don't have a problem with choice of weapon they went with, just the crazy justifications the devs give (not just weapons but in general). I rather they just say, "we liked the look of the Dragunov better that's why." Instead of trying to dance around it. Same with the FOV, distant terrain, food and hunger bars (back now yay), etc. It's contrived as hell.

As for the ammo dilemma I don't see an issue with that. Just my opinion. The rocket launcher and junk turret have special ammo, same with the shotgun. I think it adds variety. I was kinda sad they took out the 10mm for the smg. Also there is a huge difference between the .50 BMG and the .50 AE but it's a non issue.

main-qimg-29ff0c0d5d5336504c1927a1e9dd8322.webp

guess adding another ammo type is not an issue, problem would be that your inventory is not resin design)) soon you'll end up with inventory full of different ammo types an no room to store your loot)) I personally adore .50 caliber, but in my humble it is something almost stationary kind of junk turret, you put it on the top of your bae, you load it with munitions and shoot, and by the way initial design of barre light is for extreme long range weapon to disable enemy heavy transport. no sense to use it against zeds it is just a waist of precious ammo. Would prefer a fast reloading Marlin 1894 using .44 caliber, good to shoot from both aimed and offhand. And of course adding some tactical shotgun as BENELLI M4 for example.

And the UI will stay the same right? Or the dynamic resolution won't use render scale and instead change the whole resolution, thus making even the UI blurrier?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't scale the UI, everything is rendered in layers so he can choose what layers get affected.

Well, me and my friend were on the Barret camp, so dragulov is kinda let down. @devs Can you tell enlighten us how you end up chosing specifically dragunov as a base model? Intervertion were also a popular choise, when you asked it few 100's pages ago.

Because it looked cool and our internal gun police approved.

I don't have a problem with choice of weapon they went with, just the crazy justifications the devs give (not just weapons but in general). I rather they just say, "we liked the look of the Dragunov better that's why." Instead of trying to dance around it. Same with the FOV, distant terrain, food and hunger bars (back now yay), etc. It's contrived as hell.

As for the ammo dilemma I don't see an issue with that. Just my opinion. The rocket launcher and junk turret have special ammo, same with the shotgun. I think it adds variety. I was kinda sad they took out the 10mm for the smg. Also there is a huge difference between the .50 BMG and the .50 AE but it's a non issue.

main-qimg-29ff0c0d5d5336504c1927a1e9dd8322.webp

Who's dancing around? I personally picked out all the guns then worked with our concept artist to make them look modified, etc. About the only consideration was caliber, like we're not making a daisy bb gun our top tier pistol just because it looks cool. We also didn't want to add .50 cal anything befcause nobody liked finding 500 ammo types with such limited backpack space. Some weapons just have to have their own ammo there isn't any existing item that crosses over. Variety takes a back seat to inventory management, and realism takes a back seat to fun. We still have to add loads of legendary's vehicle mods, etc and inventory space will be very precious, so a lot of things we've culled are paving the way for new things to come.

I already have to make about half a dozen chests on roads early game to stash my stuff I just cant' carry home then after I get a vehicle I slowly round it all up. Another ammo type is just clutter.

Who's dancing around? I personally picked out all the guns then worked with our concept artist to make them look modified, etc. About the only consideration was caliber, like we're not making a daisy bb gun our top tier pistol just because it looks cool. We also didn't want to add .50 cal anything befcause nobody liked finding 500 ammo types with such limited backpack space. Some weapons just have to have their own ammo there isn't any existing item that crosses over. Variety takes a back seat to inventory management, and realism takes a back seat to fun. We still have to add loads of legendary's vehicle mods, etc and inventory space will be very precious, so a lot of things we've culled are paving the way for new things to come.

I already have to make about half a dozen chests on roads early game to stash my stuff I just cant' carry home then after I get a vehicle I slowly round it all up. Another ammo type is just clutter.

I think he is referring to Gazz's comment.

Also, I bet folks will ask you to increase the number of backpack slots instead...?

Sorry, I did not look for it in the text, I was looking for a picture) After the publication, I found your post =)

Oh its Fine TBH if i saw someone just post a Link about a new weapon. i probably would not click it, i tried to post a Pic but i did not know how. no hard feelings lol

Im still waiting for my paycheck!

Also, I bet folks will ask you to increase the number of backpack slots instead...?

Hmmmm could you increase the number of backpack slots instead?! ;)

Couldn't resist as I feel this has been a hard "no" already put in stone in the past but... if it *were* done it would be kinda neat IMHO if any added slots were *not* able to be "cleared out" from being encumbered with armor mods/etc. so even if you were fully decked out with top tier stuff and full clothing mods, anything put into these slots would still slow you down. Maybe its not backpack clots but...errr. a basket on your head.

Oh its Fine TBH if i saw someone just post a Link about a new weapon. i probably would not click it, i tried to post a Pic but i did not know how. no hard feelings lol

Im still waiting for my paycheck!

Do you take payment in Attabois or IOUs? I?

Archived