Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Pretty much, yeah. it lets the abillity to see your surroundings better when in intense combat, and just feels more realistic overall. thankfully i found a mod after a bit of digging on the modding thread, so that should work for the time being, hopefully they decide to overhaul it. https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/...ptics-replacer

That's a reflex or red-dot sight, not a scope. Primary difference is, you're SUPPOSED to use a reflex or red-dot with both eyes open, and you're supposed to use single eye only with a mag scope. Using anything above maybe 2x with both eyes open is likely to be highly disorienting. Not saying people can't train themselves, but I would be willing to bet they'd shoot worse than single-eye at high magnification.

Enough is enough people -- I can't take the massive flaw in the first post. The Vehicle updates are NOT in A19 -- so it should not be listed at all. There are lots of things NOT in A19 and they aren't listed in the main post as NOT being in A19 :)

A19 features list

No ability to build parachutes

No ziplines

No ability to slowly remove trader Jenn's clothes and place my hand.... uh oh sorry gotta go.

That's a reflex or red-dot sight, not a scope. Primary difference is, you're SUPPOSED to use a reflex or red-dot with both eyes open, and you're supposed to use single eye only with a mag scope. Using anything above maybe 2x with both eyes open is likely to be highly disorienting. Not saying people can't train themselves, but I would be willing to bet they'd shoot worse than single-eye at high magnification.

This is academically interesting, but why enforce realism on a niche mechanic when it plays no factor in the overall game design?

This is academically interesting, but why enforce realism on a niche mechanic when it plays no factor in the overall game design?

Because it most definitely DOES play a factor in overall game design. This is a zombie game, where you may or may not have any indication that a cannibalistic undead monster is about to try and take a bite out of you. You have a choice. Reach out and touch someone accurately and at a great distance, or maintain situational awareness of your surroundings.

Now, in a shooter without the zombie survival elements? Maybe. But it's given me pause repeatedly as to whether or not I want to go into scope mode without doing a fast sweep around me before. If you don't want it, there's a mod that will take it out. But I disagree that it should be default.

Because it most definitely DOES play a factor in overall game design. This is a zombie game, where you may or may not have any indication that a cannibalistic undead monster is about to try and take a bite out of you. You have a choice. Reach out and touch someone accurately and at a great distance, or maintain situational awareness of your surroundings.

Our respective understandings of the game's design are apparently very different. From my perspective, in 7D realism is pretty much always sacrificed in favor of gameplay and balance. That's not a complaint, just an observation.

Even when someone criticizes a mechanic I both like and find realistic, I'd never try to justify it to them on the grounds of realism because I have come to accept how absurd that would be. Thus I get a certain "cynical amusement" when people try to use realism to justify mechanics in areas they are most knowledgeable or passionate about.

Our respective understandings of the game's design are apparently very different. From my perspective, in 7D realism is pretty much always sacrificed in favor of gameplay and balance. That's not a complaint, just an observation.

Even when someone criticizes a mechanic I both like and find realistic, I'd never try to justify it to them on the grounds of realism because I have come to accept how absurd that would be. Thus I get a certain "cynical amusement" when people try to use realism to justify mechanics in areas they are most knowledgeable or passionate about.

May I butt in with the info that bobross replied to someone using the realism card: "and just feels more realistic overall". I would have commented on that too (because that doesn't seem realistic with a scope) if Bobross didn't beat me to the punch.

May I butt in with the info that bobross replied to someone using the realism card: "and just feels more realistic overall". I would have commented on that too (because that doesn't seem realistic with a scope) if Bobross didn't beat me to the punch.

Indeed, I hadn't noticed that.

My apologies, @bobross. :yield:

@Roland just wanted to inform you for your personal pleasure that we reached page π of this thread (well, at least roughly rounded)

If Pi can be rounded to three hundred and fourteen then an awful lot of geometry is going to have to be rewritten.

3.14 would have been the first few posts of page three... roughly :-)

As of last week, dynamic resolution is in a fully functioning state, so it should be in A19.

No, it won't magically make your FPS double. It will simply provide more options for what resolution(s) you can render the game at.

7dtdDynamicOptions.jpg.5559a9527f94e682519a1dbb27578a64.jpg

Hello Fun Pimps

Could you please launch the 4 whells buggy, with upgradable armour with mini gun attached on the roof ( wich player two controls) for two playes - ( similar like 4x4 jeep - for two players but the another player controls the machine gun on the roof of the 4whells armoured upgradable buggy for two players. One player drives and another sits on the back and controls the machine gun or mini gun attached on the roof of the buggy.

Please repply urgent, Keep up the good work and also take a look all my repplys such as:

Swimming suit ( to explore under water)

Oxigen tanks such as the new lantern to explore under water ( the boats or a submarine both sinked) - Waiting for the new biggest lantern.

New pipe water lines, wich provides to have fresh water instead to have in store water or to go outside base to colect water

the new three new camouflages ( because, zombies will go more smarter and they will see you better wich helps to have camouflage)

The first camouflage is basic with clay, wood and grass, wich helps on starting game to prevent zombies see you.

The second camouflage uses, leather, scrap iron, wood, plastic and some stuff

The third camouflage uses more resources

The new backpack sistem with a new slot on the player instead let perks decide or buffers....

The new mini gun

The new motocross - On the movie terminator when they run away from the truck,you can paint red or orange- Motocross for two players (waiting to see that )

The new Van ( not the pickup van) - There is a Serie with Tony Danza "who's the Boss" - You can paint white van, and that van provides to transport 3 players - Max 4 players including the driver.

The New bus - for between 3 or 4 players ( similar to the white can for 4 players, including the driver)

The Caravan - Wich is a Mobile Head quarters wich the player can place solar panels on the roof.

Chocolate bars

The new City Mall, with lots of stores

New mines

Animals wich player can adopt - Dog or bird.

The rain catcher - Wich were very usefull when it rains to catch some water.

When is it possible to have finally small random radiated places such as some buldings that the player need to have a anti radiation suit and to take pills, like the RUST. They have some places that some in the map they are radiated.

Is it possible the Cameras for the players to have in their base ?

Please repply ASAP, I already said that from more than two years ago

Please see all my repplys, if you please.

Keep Up the good work

If Pi can be rounded to three hundred and fourteen then an awful lot of geometry is going to have to be rewritten.

3.14 would have been the first few posts of page three... roughly :-)

The forums are only on 118 for me ?

As of last week, dynamic resolution is in a fully functioning state, so it should be in A19.

No, it won't magically make your FPS double. It will simply provide more options for what resolution(s) you can render the game at.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"7dtdDynamicOptions.jpg","data-attachmentid":1723787}[/ATTACH]

Nice. Does this mean that with "auto" the resolution setting is automatically converted to whatever resolution the screen has?

Nice. Does this mean that with "auto" the resolution setting is automatically converted to whatever resolution the screen has?

From what I know, it lowers your resolution when your FPS gets low and raises it back up when the fps can support it. So imagine things getting a little blurry when it lags, but it runs better. If you are running a potato and at the bottom already I doubt you'll get much from this. But if your getting 60 fps some times and 30 others, it will stay 60 probably but be blurry/lower res instead of dropping to 30.

From what I know, it lowers your resolution when your FPS gets low and raises it back up when the fps can support it. So imagine things getting a little blurry when it lags, but it runs better. If you are running a potato and at the bottom already I doubt you'll get much from this. But if your getting 60 fps some times and 30 others, it will stay 60 probably but be blurry/lower res instead of dropping to 30.

And the UI will stay the same right? Or the dynamic resolution won't use render scale and instead change the whole resolution, thus making even the UI blurrier?

And the UI will stay the same right? Or the dynamic resolution won't use render scale and instead change the whole resolution, thus making even the UI blurrier?

Yes, UI should be responsive to the resolution, there is no other way

Not true, many modern games have an option called 'Render Scale', of which low settings render the game on a lower resolution, but keep your UI crisp.

I was just reading about that now, bacause got interested. Agree with you. Probably the devs did it right, lets see :)

Archived