Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Roland you just hit on a really good idea.

I dont know if its has been suggested but can

square storage boxes be replaced with the ingame

loot containters. For Ammo the small ammo pile.

For guns the gun bag. For medical supplies either

the supply cabinet or medical supply. Simple rotation

placed on 1/8th platforms.

Visually would add depth without needing to add new

assets. Easily distinguished.

This is best a mod so people's frame rate at their base is decent, those containers are a lot of polygons and texture space in memory. Those containers aren't very user friendly either, I want to target a big 1 meter box to quickly open my stuff not target a tiny little bag.

Player crafted ones for bases are probably okay but would be a buzz kill for some if in POIs. On a side note the little gun bags are lootable containers...?

That is another reason not to allow it, players could troll others and put special loot containers everywhere, not to mention slow the fps to nothing having hundreds of high poly bags all over the place. We might eventually make something better than basic boxes for players, we'll see.

That is another reason not to allow it, players could troll others and put special loot containers everywhere, not to mention slow the fps to nothing having hundreds of high poly bags all over the place. We might eventually make something better than basic boxes for players, we'll see.

I'd be happy if we can get those new metal chests as craftable items. The old chests and crates are kinda meh imo.

I have something to ask will we ever have something more than a gun safe? because I was wondering if we'll ever be able to create those hardened chests that have 10k hit points or would this be best as a mod maybe? if they where craft able eventually I would imagine they would be crafted at a hefty price of resources.

as usual thanks pimps

and another thing as well I can remember when I got the max skills in mining and I was able to one hit stone blocks I kinda like this change how we aren't completely op and we can do decent block damage and it also makes pvp balanced as well hence you cant just absolutely demolish peoples bases I have only just thought about pvp for this

and what I am meaning to ask in shorter words is are we going to be getting any player block damage/entity damage changes?

I like the steel drawers. lots of space and can be placed on a wall like a wall safe.

It would be cool if you could have text on them like the signs. So you can write on whats in.

Using a Sign with Drawers looks damn awful since the distanse is so far

I understand perfectly. They are either better off as mods or high cost luxury containers so they cannot be made on mass...?

I'd be happy if we can get those new metal chests as craftable items. The old chests and crates are kinda meh imo.

I can mod those in next. Perhaps I will make them expensive to craft so they cannot be used excessively so performance doesnt take too big of a hit...

...will update my thread in the mod forums and not this one when I do. ?

Im gonna say the Bad Words: Modding sucks. At least when youre playing Multiplayer.

I perfectly understand that they provide for a fun and various Gameplay in Singleplayer. Installing etc is mostly easy and there are some cool Mods, but if youre playing Multiplayer with some Friends and are not even the Server Host, you are left in the Rain.

I understand Madmoles Statement that they use too much ressources when in Mass. But for example that hardened Chest CarCastello was talking about shouldnt be a big deal and the "fix" in XML seems fairly easy ( just had a look ). Such Quality of Life things i would like to see implemented/integrated in A19.

Maybe see it that way: Immersion. Having 20 Crates wich are 1x1 Meters stacked on each other satisfies my OCD, but cmon a bit variety/ viable Alternatives would be great for the Basebuilders.

(Aswell as the Feature i allready got a "not on Roadmap" from Madmole: Picking up Deco-Blocks in Prefabs and place them in your Base ^^ )

PS: Sorry if i sound salty, but im always jealous that people get said or do Mods easily, while i have to vanilla due to Friends on MP Servers.

Im gonna say the Bad Words: Modding sucks. At least when youre playing Multiplayer.

I perfectly understand that they provide for a fun and various Gameplay in Singleplayer. Installing etc is mostly easy and there are some cool Mods, but if youre playing Multiplayer with some Friends and are not even the Server Host, you are left in the Rain.

I understand Madmoles Statement that they use too much ressources when in Mass. But for example that hardened Chest CarCastello was talking about shouldnt be a big deal and the "fix" in XML seems fairly easy ( just had a look ). Such Quality of Life things i would like to see implemented/integrated in A19.

Maybe see it that way: Immersion. Having 20 Crates wich are 1x1 Meters stacked on each other satisfies my OCD, but cmon a bit variety/ viable Alternatives would be great for the Basebuilders.

(Aswell as the Feature i allready got a "not on Roadmap" from Madmole: Picking up Deco-Blocks in Prefabs and place them in your Base ^^ )

PS: Sorry if i sound salty, but im always jealous that people get said or do Mods easily, while i have to vanilla due to Friends on MP Servers.

My brother rented a private server for our small group so we are able to add mods freely. Perhaps that's an option for you guys?

It would be cool if you could have text on them like the signs. So you can write on whats in.

Using a Sign with Drawers looks damn awful since the distanse is so far

Yeah it would be cool if there was a blank texture you sample a basic texter and the write on them

the medical supply paint looks ok on them but the other ones seem to paint upside down

So modding sucks because your friends are boring? Interesting. I also hate orange juice because it rains sometimes, so I can understand.

I think you did a real solid adding in the furniture helper blocks and giving us all of that new storage. Sure more would be nice, I love having working appliances in some of the mods, so getting that to work somehow in vanilla would be sweet. I'm one of those players that gets giddy when he finds an intact kitchen and can put his food in the fridge, water in the sink, campfire on the stovetop, etc. I just dig that extra level of immersion/roleplay.

However one thing about the switch to open/closed loot containers is how annoying it is not to be able to put things in the empty ones. I know we've gone over this before, not gonna dwell on it, just hope. I mildly remember some reason as to why it was hard, or suboptimal, to switch between open/closed models, but I still raise one eyebrow over a half rolled eye when I think about something so basic actually being that difficult.

Signs could def use some variety, be nice anyway, at least one more type/style or two.

I have a feeling we're getting a good haul of new stuff yet to be mentioned or shown for this next update, with the commercial/biz overhaul part of it. More than just the clothes racks, which are a nice detail tbh(I put my mall build on hold until A19 so I can use all of that). I'd super love to finally get proper double doors, and it'd be kinda weird not to get them given the nature/focus of that POI upgrade niche.

The more I think about it the more I kinda just want to wait and see what we do get.

But please, oh please, bring back the ability to hook up light fixtures in POIs like we used to have. It's so disappointing fixing up all these new higher quality POIs that feel new yet broken because they've actually lost one of my fav things about basing up in POIs. I'm kinda dissapointed that still isn't fixed.

But yeah... I should just wait for A19 and see what up. Me haz faith in ye ol' Jolly Whore Renters, gonna get the new drones and weapons and.. yeah, I'm good. Carry on.

Jumping the boat a little here, but I'm bound to forget this so I thought I'd might as well ask, with the new vehicle collision system coming in A20(+?), will running over zombies cause damage to your vehicle? I'm quite enjoying the rag doll physics they have when we run them over.

I play the game since the early Alpha and i love it i have now

over 3000 hours but what i think the game really better performance

because that is what ruins Servers and the community.

I speak here about the problems because i would love to see Performance get better and Servers with a stable community.

There are 3 problems i see as main problem

- IDs get into the millions after 100 - 200 days with 20~ players daily maybe change thats into ids only for players that are fixed

and give zombies a Reseting id with every restart

- Let Gyrocopters only load the Farsight(Cant remember the name of the feature right now) if they are in a specific height so they dont actually load chunks

problem right now with it that it loads too many chunks in a too short time its fine if there are only 3-4 players but if there are more it gets problematic

-Water is a big FPS Killer anything that changes Water or the Place around it Kills performance.

If i talk about FPS i mean SERVER SIDE FPS!!!

Some things i would like too see are:

-option too set Zombie Respawn

-option too set Building Respawn Maybe linked with Zombie Respawn

Just a few Ideas of mine:

Bloodmoon

Changing Bloodmoon to per Player so you can actually prepare for Zombie Night and dont get into a Server with little too no time to prepare for it.

And too balance it out if one Player has Bloodmoon and is in a group that group (Or players in a 100m range) gets it to and then the 7day time gets reset too.

It would give a lot of Performance for Servers too because there are then no 20 ppl who have Hordenight at the same time.

Maybe make it changeable with an option.

Electronic

Maybe giving an Higher tier of production Stuff like Electric Forge, Furnance, Assembly Table (Electric Workbench)

Loot

Giving Better loot into higher tier Building, because right now the most worthy Building tier too loot is tier 3

Maybe not the best place for it but i think its still good too be in discussion here because the Fps Problems are a Thing

and it has not gotten better with 18.4

Archived