Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

My "It worked for Gerber" statement explained.

My managers would let me read their books. This one was one of the best.

https://gulfbusiness.com/top-10-marketing-disasters-in-the-world/

Scroll down to #10.

Read and try not to laugh. :cheerful:

Lmao, I love Chinese mistranslated words

This list had me dying! ? https://www.boredpanda.com/funny-chi...mpaign=organic

did you read past the first sentence or just needed an excuse to be mad with someone?

Did YOU read your own post? You said modding sucks, then the only supporting argument was, "but if youre playing Multiplayer with some Friends and are not even the Server Host, you are left in the Rain."Then you go on to unrelated points. Then, finally, you end with, "PS: Sorry if i sound salty, but im always jealous that people get said or do Mods easily, while i have to vanilla due to Friends on MP Servers."

What else is anyone supposed to read, your mind? That's a tall order as you seem to be having trouble doing that yourself.

PS: Be sure to stock up on your medications folks.

Yeah and take your arguments about mods elsewhere, this is not the thread for that.

Changing the subject, do you have any goodies for us this week? Not being greedy here. Just 5 to 20 screenshots would suffice lol.

Also, are ALL the Zds geting redone or is it just an "if time permits" situation that may be delayed until the next alpha?

Changing the subject, do you have any goodies for us this week? Not being greedy here. Just 5 to 20 screenshots would suffice lol.

Also, are ALL the Zds geting redone or is it just an "if time permits" situation that may be delayed until the next alpha?

Even a video of MM supervising the team is fine...? ......jking.

On a serious note...@MM, any new animations to show off? The previous ones shared were a breadth of fresh air.

So, if deco blocks that can be picked up from POI's isn't on the roadmap, could a deco multi-choice block be made with them instead? Along the same lines as the furniture multi-choice block, frame shape multi-choice block etc. but for the more interesting stuff like pool tables, ceiling fans etc.

So, if deco blocks that can be picked up from POI's isn't on the roadmap, could a deco multi-choice block be made with them instead? Along the same lines as the furniture multi-choice block, frame shape multi-choice block etc. but for the more interesting stuff like pool tables, ceiling fans etc.

I'm not really sure, try modding it I suppose. AFAIK its just a list of blocks I can't see why it wouldn't work unless we only support shapes for that feature.

Hey MM,

on the barrel of the desert vulture there is 50.AE written on it-does it mean we are getting a new ammo type? it would also make sense with the new top tier sniper rifle coming that it would use .50 cal ammo?

I normally try not to let reality become a downer, but .50 AE and .50 BMG are nothing alike; the bullet alone for .50 BMG is longer than the entire round for .50 AE. Here is, from left to right, .50 BMG (like a Barrett sniper would use), .50 AE (as the Desert Eagle), and 9mm. I personally think (and I believe MM said this at one point) that the Desert Vulture should be using .44 Magnum, so it's not a complete waste and you can share ammo between revolver and semi-auto.

EDIT: Won't let me attach, so here's a link. https://i.imgur.com/tZZTL.jpg

Hey MM,

on the barrel of the desert vulture there is 50.AE written on it-does it mean we are getting a new ammo type? it would also make sense with the new top tier sniper rifle coming that it would use .50 cal ammo?

No its just what it originally used. Maybe someone ported it to 44.

No its just what it originally used. Maybe someone ported it to 44.

Maybe have a little fun and edit the texture (or detail mesh) to show 50AE scratched out and .44 crudely scratched next to it?

I'd be interested to see how many gun-nuts are triggered* and in what way. :-)

*pun intended

What I'm really looking forward to seeing is more done with NPCs, seeing survivors, bandits, and full on settlements you can pass through and even rent a tavern room at to stay for the night. More importantly, an overall quest line, a story for players to experience would be something amazing to dive into.

Archived