Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

ya -I like that the first bow isn't that good but I still use it. I think thrown spears is a bit op..just a tad...

Any chance next alphas will incorporate the weather changes like you had in -I think it was a14 or so.. where it could get foggy and rainy and thunderstorms...?

Last night I had fog, rain and thunderstorms. They're still there. Also had a snowstorm that got me wetter than the thunderstorm did. Gave my weatherproofing mods a good test. (didn't even get cold)

Day 16, horde night. 60 minute days, 64 max alive, 20% AI block damage. Always walk. Spent the first hour or so outside on my fighting platforms then went inside to fight from behind my wooden bars. Actually used the junk turrets, which I swore not to do but they were really fun and effective.

Horde exhausted by 01:50. No glowies, police or demolishers yet.

At one point I was behind my wooden bars and it really felt like I had a massive horde on the other side, I couldn't see past them. And it ran really really well.

Congrats fun pimps!

Oh, and by the way. I bought my son a gaming PC. We're starting our first co-op game at the weekend.

Is there no one agreeing with me that Auger is way OP as a quest reward? Uager should be end-game stuff and not to appear before steel tools. My games have shown that steel tools (expecially the iron pick) can be ignored, because u get auger very soon. I don't like it. I want the progression to go like stone axe - iron tools - steel tools- motor tools. But now it goes like (in my 10x restarts) stone axe, (maybe) iron pick, then (almost) guaranteed auger quality level 1-4 from quests. No steel picks. I have steel shovel and axe now but no pick. But i got Q3 auger, which made those tools useless, imo. I did not need steel shovel or steel pick, because i had Q3 auger and Q4 ak. Before day 6....? Yes, random is random bla bla but, plz, MM, do not give us augers so early on. It ruins our progression, imo.

Not sure if it's a bug, but it seems like killing the Demolisher, even after you've triggered his bomb but before he explodes, kills the explosion. From a gameplay perspective I like it, but it doesn't make a lot of sense from a logic standpoint.

I programmed it that way. Deemed it nicer to the player.

I don't see clubs vs spears vs bows vs guns.

Guns are for emergencies and horde nights only. With everything else, I have been experimenting with making sure everything is a combo.

Zombies are coming, drop a turret, get some arrows out there. They are getting closer, throw a stone spear. First one up, punch in the face, stab with knife, power swing melee (usually a club, until baseball bat, not a fan of sledge in A18). Here's my stone spear back... thanks for bringing this back to me... punch in the face, stab with knife, power swing melee. Do I have time to throw my spear? Do I have time to shoot an arrow? If not, you guessed it... punch in the face, stab with knife, power swing melee.

I wish I could work in the stun baton, but the way it charges up won't work well in this flow. I wish the stun baton charged up by running with it in your hand instead and stayed charged until used.

Mid game this might change. But early game players will go into spears, and then likely stay there for melee.

Until guns play a role.

Meh. I think the primitive spear is the best of the primitive weapons but switch to the club as soon as I find a tier 2 or tier 3. It's not the end of the world if first-time players stick to the spear and then experiment with other melee later in the game. More experienced players probably already have a preference. I feel bad for knife users. The knife seems like a complete no go and the machete just can't compete with the clubs and hammers. I enjoyed the knife in earlier alphas but it was less than ideal with the rage mechanic and the speed changes/damage reduction haven't helped any. It really needs a better stun mechanic.

Meh. I think the primitive spear is the best of the primitive weapons but switch to the club as soon as I find a tier 2 or tier 3. It's not the end of the world if first-time players stick to the spear and then experiment with other melee later in the game. More experienced players probably already have a preference. I feel bad for knife users. The knife seems like a complete no go and the machete just can't compete with the clubs and hammers. I enjoyed the knife in earlier alphas but it was less than ideal with the rage mechanic and the speed changes/damage reduction haven't helped any. It really needs a better stun mechanic.

I am currently owning with my machete agility build. I have never felt the need to pull out a club or spear for melee.

You cannot be serious. While the crafter has to spend SP & loot 2 beakers. You suggest that a chemstation can be bought at any time from any trader? Even boosting the discountbonus you get from the tradingskill. Making buying fare more overpowerd that it is already.

IMHO Traders should be nerved not buffed. All tier items above quality one not in secret stash should be downgradet to quality one. And the itemquality in the secret stash should be related to the level of secret stash. You want to buy Q5 Items than perk into the traderskill. You don't want to spend points into that skill? So why should you be rewarded with the option of buying the finest items?

This

I am currently owning with my machete agility build. I have never felt the need to pull out a club or spear for melee.

To each their own. I have 4 points in the knife perk and a Q6 machete. I still prefer the baseball bat even though I only have 1 or 2 points in the club perk and have may 3 points in strength total. I find the knockback/stun of clubs to be more useful than the bleed of knifes.

Mid game this might change. But early game players will go into spears, and then likely stay there for melee.

Until guns play a role.

Well for me it is about multiplayer. Depending on lag, zombies can get in some laggy hits, so I stay away from melee.

Usually throw spears at the start, although the range is long enough that you could probably melee with it in multiplayer.

Although, the stone spear can 2 headshot regular mobs, but a max level stone spear with maxed out spear skill is still a 2 headshot kill... so if I am throwing spears, I am probably getting rex first lel.

If they every get more than 1 stone spear back in your bar, when you pick them up, I might mostly throw spears, heh.

I programmed it that way. Deemed it nicer to the player.

Altho kinder to the player, it makes him not much different then the cop imo...not asking for a buff/nerf as I havent even experienced one live yet. 😂

- - - Updated - - -

You know who else is a prefab guru lol.....

This guy called Laz Man apparently he is going to do every THE WALKING DEAD place lol :-D

I heard he is semi retired...something about baby horde nights or something...😂

Altho kinder to the player, it makes him not much different then the cop imo...not asking for a buff/nerf as I havent even experienced one live yet. 😂

- - - Updated - - -

I heard he is semi retired...something about baby horde nights or something...😂

No retirement. No retirement allowed lol tfp govt ruled out any retirement allowance lol

Guest Piratenking

- - - Updated - - -

Say goodbye to that stack size.

btw do you have any plans to polish the RWG? i have tested Pregen01 and pregen03 and they make a big % of the map only terrain, cities and towns are way to apart from eachother, it makes the initial exploration to choose a place to live very tedious. And could the towns be bigger? with less zeds in pois now i can clean a whole town in like 1 day (real life time) wich kinda forces me to re-settle very often wich is annoying.

Archived