Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I agree somewhat. I think the augers should be only T4 - T5 quest rewards. Then it rly would give that oooooh FUUUUUCK YYYEEEAAAH! moment! On day 2, auger Q3 as a rewards is like....wth, cheat hax, i win cuz i can mine the world. I am playing Horder every 4 nights, not basic 7. And my 8th day horde is coming right up. But because of that auger and also trader, which had 3 working stations (cement mixer, forge, workbench) i'm not too worried, yet. If i wanted, i could turn my base in concrete hell with that auger. But i don't want to because i feel that that way is not the way that the MM and other pimps wanted this game to be played, so i only repaired my wooden spikes, placed some landmines and used WOODEN bars, not iron, wooden.

But i have one strory to tell, when that auger mining bit me in the ass, hard (To be continued)

I agree somewhat. I think the augers should be only T4 - T5 quest rewards. Then it rly would give that oooooh FUUUUUCK YYYEEEAAAH! moment! On day 2, auger Q3 as a rewards is like....wth, cheat hax, i win cuz i can mine the world. I am playing Horder every 4 nights, not basic 7. And my 8th day horde is coming right up. But because of that auger and also trader, which had 3 working stations (cement mixer, forge, workbench) i'm not too worried, yet. If i wanted, i could turn my base in concrete hell with that auger. But i don't want to because i feel that that way is not the way that the MM and other pimps wanted this game to be played, so i only repaired my wooden spikes, placed some landmines and used WOODEN bars, not iron, wooden.

But i have one strory to tell, when that auger mining bit me in the ass, hard (To be continued)

(Sorry for typos, misspelling etc, i am from Finland and a little drunk atm)

So, it's evening of day 6. I've just got my Q3 Auger up and running with mods and i decided to make a shortcut to the trader, which was just like 100-200m away from my home. But between me andthe trader was a hill, that i did not want to climb over and over again. So i started to make a tunnel. I had wrenched about 3000 fuel before, so i started mining. At first, there was notghing to report, just mining trough rock as fast as i could, refuiling time to time. Then, the night came. I continued on, when i heard a scream, different from what i've heard before. So that must be a wight! I turned 180 on my heels, stopped mining and ran home as fast as i could, yes, i got spooked. But when i got home....

I went in from the front door and i was greeted with screamer, in my bace, chilling. Killed her (Rip u beatiful woman) and then i saw it. My warehouse room was breached, that effin bitch had destroyed THAT chest, where kept all my vehicle parts (i had one gyro, one truck, one motorcycle) and some top end clothers for hot or cold biomes.... ALL GONE because i ignored the back wall, which was made from plain wood. Ofc she plowed trought that while i was mining. i also lost 4 beakers. And before i realised that the beakers were there to, i specced into intellect, so i could build chem bench. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ it! So back to square one. Luckily trader has a working bench. But it can't rally make up the gyro parts, truck parts, motorcycle parts and all the other things, like mods and those elusive beakers!

But still, i just love it! Game punished me for my arrogance and did it the hard way! So off to looting more car poi's or non existent hostipals in my rwg!

I just fricking rly love this! Just nerf the Auger drop from quest rewards and omg imma gonna have a joygasm, maybe with snowgod, together, like bros, with tissue....?

-Kipster

Edit: Yes, Snowgod is used to know as snowdog. But he is god of joygasms, right?

Honestly I've started using the trader early (day 1) in both my 2 new playthroughs and I definitely feel that it set me back both times compared to my no trader playthroughs. It's like, spend the first day doing 1 or 2 buried chests quests for some starter dukes / meds, then figure where the closest city is and... there's the catch, both times my trader was lost in the middle of nowhere and I kept running bigger and bigger circles "around him" in order to find the closest city. In the end the closest city is like 1.5 miles away anyways and I can't help but think I've probably lost 2 days finding the "sweet spot for my base" instead of just running along a big road and setting up near the first loot-city I found, regardless of it's proximity to a trader. Odds are I probably stashed some stuff close to the trader aswell that I now need to retrieve, etc...

But then again the stashes of both traders have been very subpar (maybe they actually weren't lol) and I didn't even buy anything to make up for the time spent, so there's that. Feels like it's very RNG dependent, at least in my experience. I probably would have enjoyed it way more had there been a city close by ^^. But somehow it actually still breaks my immersion, even though that's obviously subjective.

After several tests for early game weapons, I have concluded that spears are definitely the best weapons.

(same situations, single zombie, tier 1 weapon, no or first level skill perk)

Then come the clubs, then brawling.

While spears are in reality the superior weapon, I think it would make sense to push up the capabilities of bows and bone knifes. So every player can choose his preferred fighting style.

After several tests for early game weapons, I have concluded that spears are definitely the best weapons.

(same situations, single zombie, tier 1 weapon, no or first level skill perk)

Then come the clubs, then brawling.

While spears are in reality the superior weapon, I think it would make sense to push up the capabilities of bows and bone knifes. So every player can choose his preferred fighting style.

In your opinion.

Traders offer an equal alternative to looting. If you completely ignore the traders, then you'll do just fine. (Throughout most of the history of 7D2D, there were no traders at all.) A18 isn't balanced around the traders. It's just 50 and 50 coming together to make 100. Each 50 (looting vs trading/questing) are as powerful as each other and are more than enough on their own. Don't like that the traders are selling T5 items? Don't buy them. Don't like that the trader is selling the gyrocopter parts schematics and you'd rather find them in loot? Then don't buy them.

Note: I am not trying to create any sort of beef between us. I just don't understand the argument.

Hmm, I would of thought skipping traders would make for a harder game as it's a good source of items and brass (smelt coins) especially if RNG is being an A hole...😂. Also higher chance of t6 items from t5 quests....

In all fairness, the primitive bow is pretty weak. It might be because of how ammo inefficient it is, due to shots passing through zombies heads without doing damage, heh.

If the shots were a little more reliable, then it would probably be fine.

On my bow guy, I am using a t5 primitive bow. I have found most of the other guns, but no bows at all lel. Go figure. I am around level 20.

It is just funny because I go bow because I want to be lower tech and have more cost effective ammo, but end up shooting twice or more arrows than I should because of hits not registering, so I end up burning through lots of arrows and running semi low on feathers, or at least more than I want to spend. I end up just shooting the pistol a lot of the time lel.

Not complaining or anything though. The game is really good now and I probably spend more time playing it than I should.

Gotta admit, I love bow jobs.

New archery POI ?? :)

In your opinion.

I think spears/bows = #1, clubs/sledge = #2, and fisting/other are bottom tier to start. Doing another fortitude build and just doing spear/bow until I've got 2 points into hp regen, 2 points into damage reduction, and 2 points into heavy armor, cause fisting is terrible until you've got all that. Then its baller.

OK, perhaps its a POI thing then. I am currently running tier 3. The last one I did was the one where you enter the garage and walk across a wooden gangplank into the house which takes you into a concrete tunnel (kinda like a drainpipe) this pipe then drops you through a hatch into some sort of facility where the final room ends up being an elevator shaft that takes you back up into the house garage. (most notable thing about this garage is that it has a vault door on it, which kinda piques interest when you walk past it)

Yes, what you say is the same with me, entire rooms full of zeds just charge out from other rooms when I haven't even made a sound.

I just found that POI for the first time last night. Kudos to whoever made it, I enjoyed the whole (very long) thing. I'm guessing that's a quest destination candidate but I simply wandered by and noticed I hadn't seen that particular one before.

Archived