Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

No problem ^^. I'm not complaining about things sold by the traders (yes I would prefer some finished products not to be there, but I can deal with it).

A TLDR part was missing : Traders should always sell workstations (and gun/tools part for people who are currently complaining about not finding enough parts to craft theis items). Very high prices, always available. (I should have just write that).

You cannot be serious. While the crafter has to spend SP & loot 2 beakers. You suggest that a chemstation can be bought at any time from any trader? Even boosting the discountbonus you get from the tradingskill. Making buying fare more overpowerd that it is already.

IMHO Traders should be nerved not buffed. All tier items above quality one not in secret stash should be downgradet to quality one. And the itemquality in the secret stash should be related to the level of secret stash. You want to buy Q5 Items than perk into the traderskill. You don't want to spend points into that skill? So why should you be rewarded with the option of buying the finest items?

While I don't agree that traders should always sell workstations, I do think that forges could be added to some additional POI's. Currently the only reliable location to find a forge is at a trader, and if its working or if the destroyed variation doesn't have the schematic, then you're almost "forced" to put a point into advanced engineering anyhow. Maybe it's balanced, maybe it's not, idk. I just find it odd that the forge, which is almost necessary early game, is by far the most rare workstation to be found in the world. :p

(Also, you get the schematics from looting the destroyed versions of the workstations. There's lots of word going around that you need to wrench them (I've gotten into well over a dozen discussions in the past few days alone where people try to correct me on this, claiming you get them by wrenching the stations), which obviously isn't true.)

I know the game and where to find every items... but it doesn't work always like this.

Let's make it simple : in what way would it hurts the gameplay if traders had ALWAYS workstations to sell at, let's say, 200 000 dukes ?

No player would ever be able to afford this until he has completed a very large number of quests, and certainly not before day 20. And it would be such a big expense that he would do it only with a real good reason.

- If you think we can always find a blueprint, no problem: in what way does the fact that the traders sells the station poses a problem? Nobody will buy it, if you follow your reasoning.

- On the other hand, if you admit that the bad luck can lead a player to have to spend a fortune for a station, why the hell wouldn't he be given the opportunity to do it ? It's a matter of choice : buy or continue seeking.

Sorry to insist but I suck in English and it's sometimes very hard for me to discuss and stay understandable. I won't argue more, my English is definitivly too poor to be clearer ;).

I know the game and where to find every items... but it doesn't work always like this.

Let's make it simple : in what way would it hurts the gameplay if traders had ALWAYS workstations to sell at, let's say, 200 000 dukes ?

No player would ever be able to afford this until he has completed a very large number of quests, and certainly not before day 20. And it would be such a big expense that he would do it only with a real good reason.

- If you think we can always find a blueprint, no problem: in what way does the fact that the traders sells the station poses a problem? Nobody will buy it, if you follow your reasoning.

- On the other hand, if you admit that the bad luck can lead a player to have to spend a fortune for a station, why the hell wouldn't he be given the opportunity to do it ? It's a matter of choice : buy or continue seeking.

Sorry to insist but I suck in English and it's sometimes very hard for me to discuss and stay understandable. I won't argue more, my English is definitivly too poor to be clearer ;).

And who would ever spend 200k dukes on a workstation? That's 100,000 bullet casings right there.

This might be more mod territory, but I always thought it would be cool if traders started out small and grew as you helped them with quest. The more work that you have done for a trader the better stuff they might have. Their base could even reflect that by growing and getting better the farther you progress. This would add a extra goal to do as well. Might not be the best idea but just one that I'v had floating in my head.

I don't normally post but I am a long time lurker and I just want to add that a18 is beyond great, absolutely addicted to it. The only small tiny thing that slightly irks me is how you go back into aiming after reloading. For most guns this makes sense and doesn't bug me but when using the crossbow it feels a little funny. Might just be me.

@madmole

hi madmole,

i created with every test a new world with navisgane and worldgenerator and got every time the same results.( i deleted all decorations from main-biome except sub-biomes). no trees or prefabs(like rock_form02 or deco_nitrate_vein) spawned.when im changing treeblock to another block(for example concrete-pillar), these blocks get spawned.(i tried with diffent blocks).only normal blocks like plantedGoldenrod3Harvest, treeTallGrassDiagonal, rockResource) get spawned.

<subbiome prob="0.4">

<layers>

<layer depth="1" blockname="terrForestGround"/>

<layer depth="3" blockname="terrDirt"/>

<layer depth="1" blockname="terrStone">

<resource blockname="terrGravel" prob="0.7830" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

</layer>

<layer depth="*" blockname="terrStone">

<resource blockname="terrOrePotassiumNitrate" prob="0.6500" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

</layer>

<layer depth="1" blockname="terrStone"/>

<layer depth="3" blockname="terrBedrock"/>

</layers>

<decorations>

<decoration type="prefab" name="deco_nitrate_vein" checkresource="-7" onslopes="true" prob=".00657"rotatemax="3"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="rockResource" prob=".00033" rotatemax="3"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="rockResource02" prob=".00033" rotatemax="3"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="cntForestRandomLootHelper" prob="0.00025"/>

<decoration type="prefab" name="rock_form02" prob=".001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="prefab" name="rock_form01" prob=".001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="plantedCotton3Harvest" prob="0.001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="rock01" prob=".001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="rock02" prob=".001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="rock04" prob=".001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="cntBirdnest" prob="0.001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeDeadPineLeaf" prob="0.01" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeJuniper4m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine12m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine19m" prob="0.0015" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine27m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine31m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPineDry21m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine41m" prob="0.004" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="plantedSnowberry3Harvest" prob=".001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="plantedChrysanthemum3Harvest" prob="0.001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeTallGrassDiagonal" prob=".4"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakLrg01" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed01" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed02" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakSml01" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeFirLrg01" prob="0.0005" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine48m" prob="0.0005" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeStump" prob=".0002" rotatemax="7"/>

</decorations>

</subbiome>

have a nice day

@madmole

hi madmole,

i created with every test a new world with navisgane and worldgenerator and got every time the same results.( i deleted all decorations from main-biome except sub-biomes). no trees or prefabs(like rock_form02 or deco_nitrate_vein) spawned.when im changing treeblock to another block(for example concrete-pillar), these blocks get spawned.(i tried with diffent blocks).only normal blocks like plantedGoldenrod3Harvest, treeTallGrassDiagonal, rockResource) get spawned.

<subbiome prob="0.4">

<layers>

<layer depth="1" blockname="terrForestGround"/>

<layer depth="3" blockname="terrDirt"/>

<layer depth="1" blockname="terrStone">

</layer>

<layer depth="*" blockname="terrStone">

<resource blockname="terrOrePotassiumNitrate" prob="0.6500" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

</layer>

<layer depth="1" blockname="terrStone"/>

<layer depth="3" blockname="terrBedrock"/>

</layers>

<decorations>

<decoration type="prefab" name="deco_nitrate_vein" checkresource="-7" onslopes="true" prob=".00657"rotatemax="3"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="rockResource" prob=".00033" rotatemax="3"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="rockResource02" prob=".00033" rotatemax="3"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="cntForestRandomLootHelper" prob="0.00025"/>

<decoration type="prefab" name="rock_form02" prob=".001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="prefab" name="rock_form01" prob=".001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="plantedCotton3Harvest" prob="0.001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="rock01" prob=".001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="rock02" prob=".001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="rock04" prob=".001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="cntBirdnest" prob="0.001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeDeadPineLeaf" prob="0.01" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeJuniper4m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine12m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine19m" prob="0.0015" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine27m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine31m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPineDry21m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine41m" prob="0.004" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="plantedSnowberry3Harvest" prob=".001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="plantedChrysanthemum3Harvest" prob="0.001"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeTallGrassDiagonal" prob=".4"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakLrg01" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed01" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed02" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakSml01" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeFirLrg01" prob="0.0005" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine48m" prob="0.0005" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeStump" prob=".0002" rotatemax="7"/>

</decorations>

</subbiome>

have a nice day

Then it would seem that what you want to do is not possible.

Nope, all T2 firearms require parts.

In all fairness, the primitive bow is pretty weak. It might be because of how ammo inefficient it is, due to shots passing through zombies heads without doing damage, heh.

If the shots were a little more reliable, then it would probably be fine.

On my bow guy, I am using a t5 primitive bow. I have found most of the other guns, but no bows at all lel. Go figure. I am around level 20.

It is just funny because I go bow because I want to be lower tech and have more cost effective ammo, but end up shooting twice or more arrows than I should because of hits not registering, so I end up burning through lots of arrows and running semi low on feathers, or at least more than I want to spend. I end up just shooting the pistol a lot of the time lel.

Not complaining or anything though. The game is really good now and I probably spend more time playing it than I should.

I honestly think my english is far more worse. ;)

Even 200.000 dukes for a chemstation would be a nice deal. Especially since the barterskill would give a huge discount.

It would push the looting- and the barter-skills and also devalue the craftskills even more.

Without bad luck whats the worth ot having good luck? Just my 5 cent.

I honestly think my english is far more worse. ;)

Even 200.000 dukes for a chemstation would be a nice deal. Especially since the barterskill would give a huge discount.

It would push the looting- and the barter-skills and also devalue the craftskills even more.

Without bad luck whats the worth ot having good luck? Just my 5 cent.

workstations do come up for sale. far less expensive than that. forge, chem station. mixer. I have seen them all for sale

In all fairness, the primitive bow is pretty weak. It might be because of how ammo inefficient it is, due to shots passing through zombies heads without doing damage, heh.

If the shots were a little more reliable, then it would probably be fine.

On my bow guy, I am using a t5 primitive bow. I have found most of the other guns, but no bows at all lel. Go figure. I am around level 20.

It is just funny because I go bow because I want to be lower tech and have more cost effective ammo, but end up shooting twice or more arrows than I should because of hits not registering, so I end up burning through lots of arrows and running semi low on feathers, or at least more than I want to spend. I end up just shooting the pistol a lot of the time lel.

Not complaining or anything though. The game is really good now and I probably spend more time playing it than I should.

Primitive weapons should be weak. Once you get a wooden bow its a big upgrade.

ya -I like that the first bow isn't that good but I still use it. I think thrown spears is a bit op..just a tad...

Any chance next alphas will incorporate the weather changes like you had in -I think it was a14 or so.. where it could get foggy and rainy and thunderstorms...?

I honestly think my english is far more worse.

Thanks ;) I made some progress by reading the forum for 5 years ^^.

workstations do come up for sale. far less expensive than that. forge, chem station. mixer. I have seen them all for sale

Not always, that was my point. But I give up.

The problem is solved for me now :

If you are unlucky (to find or to buy a workstation or its shematic) before lvl 20, no problem : you can have all the schematics (forge, workbench, chem station, cement mixer) + some vehicules schematics + electrical schematics for only 68 000 dukes.

Buy and drink a fergettin' elixir. Put all the necessary points in the intel branch. Craft all the stuff you need.

Buy and drink a fergettin' elixir. Rebuild your character as he was.

Elementary, dear watson.

Now good luck to explain this to a new player :D

(Of course, always available workstations would be a way better solution)

Does anyone have any advice for getting the best quality vs performance settings? Trying to get it to look nice and be smooth and it seems the FPS I'm getting doesn't really coincide with smoothness as much as I expect. I can get a nice decent FPS but still have it look a bit jittery when turning/panning, while it might be smoother at a lower fps with different settings, but I feel like I'm randomly changing things without a full grasp on what it's affecting...Also the lighting can be too washed out or too dark depending on the shadows/reflections, and I'm trying to find a good balance, but that affects the smoothness too.

I had most settings turned fairly low before upgrading to an rtx 2060, now I'm trying to dial it in but I'm not totally sure what's going to make the most difference. For example, I'm not sure the difference between SS Reflections and regular reflections, reflected shadows, SSAO and if they affect each other or how. The descriptions when you hover over don't really go into detail. Wondering what other people are using for their settings. What's a good compromise?

Also, is there a comprehensive guide on the settings somewhere that explains it all including the new options in A18?

Hey MM! Just wanted to buzz in and give some straight feedback, because i'm not sure if u read the "official" feedback thread. My feedback conserns mining tools. Especially Auger. I've restarted everytime a new exp build has come alive. So now I've tried about 10 different games. And in my opinion, Auger is quest reward waaaaay to often.

I am mining atm with Q3 auger atm and i got it on day 2 from quest reward. I've yet seen a steel pick of any quality. And i think this is way to OP. I'm getting way more augers than steel picks in my games. I think they rly should be tuned a bit. As a player, i would like to see augers waaaaay later, not right off the bat, like now it seems to be the case.

Maybe completely remove augers from the quest rewards? Or make them way harder to obtain? In my mind, they are supposed to be late game tools, not Day 2 tools.

I'd love to mine with steel pick but can't do, because there just ain't one. I've gotten steel pick like once in my games. And like 6 augers. Needs some balance there, imo. I feel too overpowered on day 5 to mine with Q3 auger. That is why i will scrap my Q3 auger and continue with Q2 iron pick, which is crafted by me.

Cheers!

-Kipster

I'd love to mine with steel pick but can't do, because there just ain't one. I've gotten steel pick like once in my games. And like 6 augers. Needs some balance there, imo. I feel too overpowered on day 5 to mine with Q3 auger. That is why i will scrap my Q3 auger and continue with Q2 iron pick, which is crafted by me.

Cheers!

-Kipster

I think all power tools should be earned by perks. Quest rewards should consist of money only and loot you should find stuff depending on again lucky loot perk for instance..

That alone would make crafting essential and looting important, making us work for the better stuff.

Archived