Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You'll know when it's going to happen... you'll know.

People are just boarding the hype train now and getting themselves comfortable, there's tea and biscuits, its all quite lovely.

Once MadMole releases a gameplay video you'll see the hype train leave the station. Speculation becomes rife and conversation become inane. Excitement builds as videos are released and certain features are confirmed or denied. The people spamming drivel on the forum get throughly flustered, the conversation becomes increasingly aggresive as people have disagreements over whatever features have included or excluded.

Eventually a rough release date will be announced and the forum tips over the edge into full-on hyperactive toddler mode. As the release date approaches the posts get faster and more nonsensical. The number of people refreshing the forum reaches a feverish state, traditionally crashing the website and sending everyone over to the discord feed for a while. Some of us still remember MadMole's various body parts chatting in IRC for a while :-)

The alpha is then released, there are various posts of "downloading now!" and a relative calm settles over everything...

Then the bug reports start coming in...

You should be a historian lol...

Well, you can do some of it now.

@faatal

Any chance we get more customisation options of zombies? Specifically:

[table=width: 500, align: left]

[tr]

[td]dmg against player

[/td]

[td]already accessible to mod[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]dmg against structures

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]their moving speed

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]the way and how well they sense a player(sight, hear, smell)

[/td]

[td]already accessible to mod, though smell is broken in Alpha 16[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]dig underground or not

[/td]

[td]new feature; hopefully this will be accessible to mod on or off for any zombie type[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]hitting the most vulnerable blocks or random

[/td]

[td]new feature; hopefully this will be accessible to mod on or off for any zombie type[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

anyone ever asked for an airhorn to be added to the game?

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp!! come and get it zombies.

by the way if youve ever heard a drunk ozzie say cooee cobber it sounds exactly like any one of the zombie roars.

just dont mention the rugby

by the way if youve ever heard a drunk ozzie say cooee cobber it sounds exactly like any one of the zombie roars.

just dont mention the rugby

I would love a flare gun. Talk about a fun griefing weapon. You go near someone's base, point it up to the air, and bLAM, all the zombies come to investigate, and the bandits...

It would also be like the flare gun in blood, where it blows up in a few seconds and sets the zombies or players on fire....

Iron needs to be at level 15 or so...:)

I have been trying out different MODS for 7DTD and Ravenhearst is very nice but it has way to many to do items! I hope release 17 has not taken that into account. KISS. keep it simple systems .

For example, level 30 just to make IRON? No! Ok, that's my rant.

Mission: Clear zombies in X area so NPC builders can make a settlement.

The way to clear an area of all zombie is to use some type of siren that sounds like the Screamer Zombie! Maybe A18 will have a counter that has the number of zombies in each zone.

I know the programmers are awake, they are night owls. They are working right now and watching this thread for a new and exciting post. I hope Mad Mole offers them Preiuem coffee. And a Damn good breakfast. Fried eggs, hashbrowns, sausage - ham - scrambled eggs - homefries -biscutes and gravey and a small steak on the side. Or are they getting just bread and butter and limited amout of water? They are worked hard!

Well, you can do some of it now.

[table=width: 500, align: left]

[tr]

[td]dmg against player

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]dmg against structures

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]their moving speed

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]the way and how well they sense a player(sight, hear, smell)

[/td]

[td]already accessible to mod, though smell is broken in Alpha 16[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]dig underground or not

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]hitting the most vulnerable blocks or random

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

zombie special move?

I would love a flare gun. Talk about a fun griefing weapon. You go near someone's base, point it up to the air, and bLAM, all the zombies come to investigate, and the bandits...

It would also be like the flare gun in blood, where it blows up in a few seconds and sets the zombies or players on fire....

Except tfp would make it so the zs go for the shooter not the bullet so as to not allow griefing lol haha....

Very accurate Gronk, although MM’s Release the Kraken video got me hyped for a minute. I thought they were going to do a surprise release!

That's what is confusing, That Video has the same Title as the Video we are waiting for to get to the Stupid Spider Meme, Sheeeeeshhhh,

Just Release the Freaking Kraken

@faatal

The AI discussion in Roland's playtest thread prompted a question: How will the AI handle unjumpable gaps?

Scenario 1: Suppose I build a platform with a ramp leading up to it. I get on my platform by making a temporary walkway from the ramp, then I destroy it behind me. Will the zombies try to follow me (unsuccessfully) or will they target the platform to bring me down?

Scenario 2: Similar, but the gap is able to be jumped by the zombies. This time, I have erected fences to prevent them landing on the platform when they attempt the jump. Will the zombies continue to try following me or will they target the platform to bring me down?

Scenario 3: Similar, but my platform is surrounded by a deep spike pit. Will they willingly jump in the pit to try to target my support column?

Have football (american) zombies the ability to "glide" over 1-2 block gaps. But the jump dissorients them for 1-2 seconds. So that way it will still be balanced.

I have seen them on Neebs Gaming video „glide“ a 2 to 3 block gap. So they already do it

@faatal

The AI discussion in Roland's playtest thread prompted a question: How will the AI handle unjumpable gaps?

Scenario 1: Suppose I build a platform with a ramp leading up to it. I get on my platform by making a temporary walkway from the ramp, then I destroy it behind me. Will the zombies try to follow me (unsuccessfully) or will they target the platform to bring me down?

Scenario 2: Similar, but the gap is able to be jumped by the zombies. This time, I have erected fences to prevent them landing on the platform when they attempt the jump. Will the zombies continue to try following me or will they target the platform to bring me down?

Scenario 3: Similar, but my platform is surrounded by a deep spike pit. Will they willingly jump in the pit to try to target my support column?

@faatal

What if you have 2 drawbridges that go into your base. When zombies get near one you close it, so they go to the other one. When they are near the second one you close it as well and open the first... Will they continue to go back and forth?

@faatal

What if you have 2 drawbridges that go into your base. When zombies get near one you close it, so they go to the other one. When they are near the second one you close it as well and open the first... Will they continue to go back and forth?

ok, in my mind I sped that scene up 10x and added Benny Hill music, Yakkity Sax

Hey Faatal, hey Faatal, HEY FAATAL,

What happens in this situation? Say I have 3 zombies spawn and I have an odd number of door in my base(but not a prime number obviously) and then I open every 3rd door, then stand up and spin around in real life wile singing "Knock Three Times" Of course all of this is on the 2nd Tuesday of an even numbered month. So, what happens, huh, huh? Will the zombies attack one of the doors? Join me singing? Or will they knock 2 times on each door? If option 2 will they know the words?

Archived