Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

oh please oh please oh please work this feature out so it stays. underground bases are far too safe

Bears IRL are some serious diggers, they can probably make a cave faster than five strong men with shovels.

Of course, solid rock would be a problem but zombie creatures are much stronger, so a Zombie Bear... They should be FAR more dangerous than anything else in the game except for a squad of bandits with rocket launchers! But then, just like in RL, forts would become obsolete.

Or have your brain removed from your body and put in a jar hooked up to a computer running unity. Still need the beard though. :p

Looks like someone just requested their next forum avatar. :congratulatory:

I have not really looked at the random horde code yet. It basically just spawns on one side of player(s) and they have a destination on the other side, so they wander past you.

Could you clear up one thing? A lot of players claim that the source & destination are always collinear with the player's position. I suspect confirmation bias is at play. But if it is collinear, a limited (moddable!) offset would feel more like they're 'passing through' than 'always GPSing to your position' as I've often heard it described.

Could you clear up one thing? A lot of players claim that the source & destination are always collinear with the player's position. I suspect confirmation bias is at play. But if it is collinear, a limited (moddable!) offset would feel more like they're 'passing through' than 'always GPSing to your position' as I've often heard it described.

I know you're appealing to the code but dang if it isn't true that EVERY SINGLE TIME if I'm stationary and building or digging they come straight at me but if I'm moving around then they are offset. I'm willing to bet that it IS collinear with the player at the moment of spawn with the expectation that if the player is traveling then it will end up being offset.

After A16 dropped and it was discovered that zombies could neither hear nor smell nor see the player in the dark, I went out and crouched in the middle of a field and several times hordes would run past me on either side and all around. Seemed pretty collinear.

So I'm interested to see what the code says too. :)

Seriously @Madmole @TheFunPimps @Roland

We've been waiting for over a Year now! For an experimental Update for an Alpha version which is still not even near to be ready! Am I the only one who is annoyed?

You better have a Full background story for the game, finished NPC's , The Gyrocopter, bigger backpacks(thats not a lot of work) plastic bottles and a game optimisation for low hardware.......

So release this thing now or give me my money back.....

You hired 10 software engeneers for building POI's? Man that makes me mad!

Yeah, Roland. Release the game, dang it!

On a serious note; going off on a rant like that won't bring you anything, trust me.

But yeah, they are slow. Reaaaally slow. And yes, there has been a poll in the past asking whether people were okay with longer development cycles, but I don't think people imagined that these longer cycles would mean a year+.

Technically, you can sue anyone for anything, if you find an idiot lawyer to take your money.

Your name makes me feel lonely, so:

"I'll sue ya! I'll take all of your money I'll sue ya! If you even look at me funny"

Not if you're from the EU...

You can't sue someone if theres no case... Regardless... A judge decides if its a case or not.

Maybe not as free, but there are entirely to many idiots, so its a good system...

Yeah, Roland. Release the game, dang it!

On a serious note; going off on a rant like that won't bring you anything, trust me.

But yeah, they are slow. Reaaaally slow. And yes, there has been a poll in the past asking whether people were okay with longer development cycles, but I don't think people imagined that these longer cycles would mean a year+.

I agree that people probably didn't imagine that a year+ was what was meant and I also don't think that a year+ was meant at the time by the developers. The problem, though, is that people always come back regardless of the long time.

YlGPqO7.png

As long as the steam chart continues with higher peaks than before they aren't going to feel any special motivation to change what they are doing.

I agree that people probably didn't imagine that a year+ was what was meant and I also don't think that a year+ was meant at the time by the developers. The problem, though, is that people always come back regardless of the long time.

YlGPqO7.png

As long as the steam chart continues with higher peaks than before they aren't going to feel any special motivation to change what they are doing.

Yeah that's true of course. People will come back. I mean. I haven't played the game since A16.4 came out in October, but I'm still checking the forum daily. That tells enough I think about the attractiveness of the game.

Yes, so far their strategy has worked very well! And I'm certainly hoping that it'll continue to do so :) However sometimes I wonder what would happen if people didn't come back.. and we didn't get one such peak..

I have not really looked at the random horde code yet. It basically just spawns on one side of player(s) and they have a destination on the other side, so they wander past you.

Does the new pathing code mean they're far less likely to get stuck on buildings or trying to tunnel through rocks that they could easily walk around?

faatal

The Fun Pimps have been looking to solve the -hide underground to avoid being attacked by zombies problem- for a long time now.

Madmole had even suggested adding effects like black lung Co2 build up to the game to prevent players from spending too much time underground and avoiding the feral hoards.

That was until one day Madmole and Roland were at a cheese shop together and ran into a person that would soon be well known around these parts as the infamous faatal. Turns out that he is from Switzerland and he introduced both of them to swiss cheese.

Madmole loved it because it reminded him of all the crazy tunneling he was doing finding ore.

This gave Madmole an idea. If players won't go see the zombies, then the zombies will go and see them, underground! 00

TFP's hire faatal on the spot and name him faatal due to the idea that staying underground could now be fatal. But added an extra "a" to avoid confusion.

faatal announces swiss cheese for everyone!

And that's how faatal got his job. ;)

An almost believable story, lol.

MZGA- Making Zombies Dig again.

Saturday tomorrow, so I guess there is a sliiiiiiiiiiiight chance MM might do some A17 gameplay tomorrow :)

A video would definitely be awesome. Would love to see more of the skill/perk/attribute system or of the quest system.

also anyone seen rolands color tint video yet? Here is a link.

Care to explain some more about your video Roland?

Imagine the most angry rabbit in the Universe, imagine its face.

This got me the idea that chickens could eat our not yet grown crops while still as a seed. Rabbits could just eat our plantations of whathever we seeded. Other animals can eat us anyway, all of them need some food in this place.

Just impatient people who are too lazy to try a mod or play one of their other 600 games in their steam library.

So true. A friend of mine just found Dungeon of the Endless, and it is taking up our gaming time. Of course, I told him to get it all out of his system because when A17 comes out, I'm not playing anything else.

its 2 or 3 months old. already been shown in some youtuber video. even is mentioned in second post

I think you are wrong here sir. This particular video was published about 5 hours ago according to Roland`s YouTube channel. But yes it has been added a couple months ago according to the second post. to the list. It is just the first time i heard of it.

What's "Hitler Vid"?

They are videos where people put captions over a particular scene from Der Untergang. It is a tradtion here on the forum and they are made for lolz.

A video would definitely be awesome. Would love to see more of the skill/perk/attribute system or of the quest system.

also anyone seen rolands color tint video yet? Here is a link.

Care to explain some more about your video Roland?

I wanted something like this this for modding the club more, like dip the club in lead then glass, lead filled club wrapped in wire, you get what I mean. There are many more versions of a Club we can Mod into.

I like changing the color, maybe we could do engraving, notches for kills, color patterns or tiles.

Archived