Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

... are they called hunting blinds? I'm English, hunting isn't something I know about or agree with unless it's life or death lol.

Yep, hunting blinds. Been in quite a few when I was younger. Dragged off to go hunting. Not much of hunter but I grew up around hunters and had friends who hunted, so I hunted.

I don't entirely disagree with you but don't try to make the tower thing against wolves sound realistic. Grab a bunch of lumber, go find a wolf, piss it off, quickly build a three meter tower where you can climb and shoot it. When you get out of the hospital let us know how it went.

I don't think naive1000 was saying building a tower is a problem in and of itself. The fact you can build one 3 meters high in 2 seconds is contrived. Plus, the current AI doesn't handle height differences between the mob and its target very well.

In that sense you can't make any of the game sound realistic.

In life, if there's an area where there's an active wolf, you could theoretically easily stick a blind in a tree in order to hunt it. I'm not saying build a tower, I'm saying the tower in game is equal to a tree blind, or some other elevation difference in real life. (In game tower, is an in-game limitation of such things.)

If you're going to go hunting, you're better off sticking yourself in a tree. Which is what hunters do. That's a fact.

What idiot, would piss the wolf off, then build the thing to defend from it? My whole point was preparation. In your first section you completely misunderstood what I was saying.

Then, in your second section, you're literally confirming what I said. Height, and you've beaten the animal. As I said, and implied in my previous comment, build something equal to a blind in a tree. If it were real life, you could even climb said tree.

The tower in game is the imitation of said blinds and tree climbing. Please don't take me for an idiot and think that I'm talking about punching a wolf, and then running off with a ♥♥♥♥load of wood to build a tower. Of course that's not what I was saying.

"The Committee for Liberation of Integration of Terrifying Organisms and Their Reintegration into Society".

***At Al's Marina and Breakfast Burrito Bar, the local gang of Zombie Bears have... convinced... everyone to vote them as, "Not Terrifying".

another bar more experience? this is a joke?:upset::upset:

And welcome to the forum! Yes, it is a joke! Well done.

Glad to see you got off to a positive attitude, unlike so many other people who can only see their immediate wants and stop thinking after that.

Well I updated the user script I made a few weeks ago and moved it to a gist.

https://gist.github.com/credomane/c56cb9ae8c24f40b9d0bea9de7e5450e

Btw, what was the change in the first post for March 11? It looks the same as March 5th. Also I was here just Saturday and it still said March 5th then...didn't it?

Waiting for the next "progress" bar to appear. :D

March 11 was when the two newest videos showing the 3rd person view and the laser dot were added. I forgot to change the date up above until later that week.

To be a good Forum Moderator, you should teach math to 1st grade children after they had a big surgery snack time.

You did that already, didn't you? :)

To be a good Forum Moderator, you should teach math to 1st grade children after they had a big surgery snack time.

You did that already, didn't you? :)

1st grade? Piece of cake.

Try teaching math to 8th graders right after lunch on any given day. As the sugar releases into their blood stream and mixes with all their newly acquired hormones...well...let's just say they can't feel their face when they're with you....

In that sense you can't make any of the game sound realistic.

In life, if there's an area where there's an active wolf, you could theoretically easily stick a blind in a tree in order to hunt it. I'm not saying build a tower, I'm saying the tower in game is equal to a tree blind, or some other elevation difference in real life. (In game tower, is an in-game limitation of such things.)

If you're going to go hunting, you're better off sticking yourself in a tree. Which is what hunters do. That's a fact.

What idiot, would piss the wolf off, then build the thing to defend from it? My whole point was preparation. In your first section you completely misunderstood what I was saying.

Then, in your second section, you're literally confirming what I said. Height, and you've beaten the animal. As I said, and implied in my previous comment, build something equal to a blind in a tree. If it were real life, you could even climb said tree.

The tower in game is the imitation of said blinds and tree climbing. Please don't take me for an idiot and think that I'm talking about punching a wolf, and then running off with a ♥♥♥♥load of wood to build a tower. Of course that's not what I was saying.

No, I didn't misunderstand. You misunderstood what naive was saying. You build a tower AFTER the wolf attacks. He finds that contrived so he doesn't do it. You tried to compare it to a real life situation that doesn't actually compare. Neither of you are wrong and neither of you are correct. Play however is fun, to you.

One point about the tree stand analogy though. The only hunters that build a tree stand are ones that can afford to go weeks without a kill. Someone hunting to stay alive can't afford that luxury. They follow the game. It's kind of why it's called "hunting" instead of "waiting."

Edit: And I never thought you were an idiot. The punching the wolf in my analogy was to simulate building your tower AFTER agro which is what naive was saying.

Archived