Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You do realize that he's in a no win situation, right? He is not a developer and has no control over what they choose to work on. No matter what he posts here there will be people complaining he didn't do it some other way.

If that isn't a reason to joke around about it to keep your sanity I don't know what is.

Most of the previous alphas are still playable. Have fun with them or have fun with A16 as it stands now. Or try a mod or three. Or if you still can't have fun then take a break and do something else for a while. But getting all bent out of shape about it won't do you any good because it won't change a thing. Asking Roland to be as serious about it as you seem to think he should be is also a lost cause. Learn to take this stuff lightly for your own sanity... it is just a game after all.

Dude, what? I just said that I think it's somewhat childish to add those bars in the forum here.. And as a president-to-be he is supposed to rise above that.

I just woke up and it is a glorious day! Devs are working hard and pushing through their tasks. I noticed a couple of AI related tickets submitted by faatal so that is reassuring. We already know that Kinyajuu is getting weapons dialed in. Joel is working on something exciting that I'm sure he will want to talk about once he has it good enough to show (and not it is not a new texture or house decoration). Quests are coming along and the last time I spawned in a bandit it looked and moved a lot better than previously so it looks like they ARE applying the motion capture animations to the bandits along with the players.

I know all you doom and gloom folk will find a reason why none of this is exciting and will share over the course of several posts why you feel underwhelmed by it but for the rest of you I hope you see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The developers are working daily and making progress.

Thanks for the update =)

Secret Clubhouse confirmed.

...nothing Roland posts, nothing madmole records, and nothing Gazz says is going to make a17 come out any faster. It is what it is.

Nothing ouch coughs up, *bubo makes a gif of, or I snark on, is going to make a17 come out any faster. It is what it is.

Nothing snowdog, mikee, davag or anyone else complains about is going to make a17 come out any faster. It is what it is.

So all we CAN do, is enjoy ourselves while we wait...

voodoo.gif

the slow pimps.

the pus pimples.

the lame punks.

the man pumps.

you guys suck.

boo! boo! BOO i say! BOO!

what? i find a little stress helps improve productivity. not too much stress, mind. but too little and you just procrastinate.

Just to be clear to everyone. We love our game and we want to make the best game we possibly can.

I pushed for removing and replacing the systems for a reason and it's not because I simply wanted to rewrite it. It needed to be done. While some people may not find it exciting, it doesn't make the changes any less needed or any less great for content creation going forward.

All of the thinly veiled insults, mean comments, and talking down on us does nothing but add irritation and stress to the process. Honestly, why do some of you talk so rudely to the folks making a game you like? I honestly don't understand it.

We are people too and are doing the best we can as fast as we can. Don't make the process more painful than it needs to be.

If you love the game, do me a favor and think about this post next time you want to comment about how you think we don't know what we're doing, or that we're off sipping margaritas somewhere, or that we have 10 new people so we should be moving faster.

To those that show trust and support, a massive THANK YOU from me personally.

A football player can run a touchdown but it's much more enjoyable to do when people are cheering you on. :)

Excellently put!

It is definatly time for these systems to be replaced. It is not an easy thing to push for change always, so that is awesome that you did so and that it is being implemented! Well done!

Thank you also for addressing this head on!

Just to be clear to everyone. We love our game and we want to make the best game we possibly can.

I pushed for removing and replacing the systems for a reason and it's not because I simply wanted to rewrite it. It needed to be done. While some people may not find it exciting, it doesn't make the changes any less needed or any less great for content creation going forward.

All of the thinly veiled insults, mean comments, and talking down on us does nothing but add irritation and stress to the process. Honestly, why do some of you talk so rudely to the folks making a game you like? I honestly don't understand it.

We are people too and are doing the best we can as fast as we can. Don't make the process more painful than it needs to be.

If you love the game, do me a favor and think about this post next time you want to comment about how you think we don't know what we're doing, or that we're off sipping margaritas somewhere, or that we have 10 new people so we should be moving faster.

A football player can run a touchdown but it's much more enjoyable to do when people are cheering you on. :)

:encouragement::director::cheer2::cheer2::rockon:

Some people just love themselves too much to even like others. They will always be ungrateful except for a temporary respite when they get what they want.

The others are just kids, what can you expect?

Ban people for 7 days. Ban me when I sometimes go over the top, hopefully only 7 days too. :)

Even though I wholeheartedly agree with what you are saying, the time you spent writing that post could have been spent working on the game and gotten rolands bar that much closer to the end... :p:D

Thank you so much for the update, Kinyajuu!

خ also want to take the opportunity to say sorry for my previous post.

The lack of updates and the HP bar got me a bit worried.

You guys truly are among the best game developers out there! I only play 7D2D, its got it all.

Sorry if I was rude.

I know all you doom and gloom folk will find a reason why none of this is exciting and will share over the course of several posts why you feel underwhelmed by it but for the rest of you I hope you see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The developers are working daily and making progress.

About the doom and gloom folk, some guys seem to have no imagination. Maybe that's an understatement, they seem to have negative imagination.

I'm pretty sure the features list for A17 is not finished but even by looking at the current state of it, i find plenty to be excited about!

People are entitled douchebags. Kinyajuu no offense but your age is showing.

"All of the thinly veiled insults, mean comments, and talking down on us does nothing but add irritation and stress to the process. Honestly, why do some of you talk so rudely to the folks making a game you like? I honestly don't understand it."

I work in the public sector and let me tell you that even if you are fixing their water line because it broke in the middle of night in sub zero temps because they have no water.

People are still rude d bags. It doesn't matter what you are doing for them.

Programming and system design is stressful enough on it's own. I'm not digging ditches here. ;)

well i am not digging ditches either!

but i want to.

so hurry up and update so that i can dig a ditch around my new base. and fill it with spikes.

i know it isn't efficient; but i like the traditional, straight forward approach to base defense. none of that fancy platform nonsense. no siree. just give me a wall, a ditch, and some spikes.

although lately i have been going with a pillar wall. i don't really like the look, but it really does make a huge difference. standing up on the wall and shooting down is just so damn ineffective. there just isn't enough ammo. and even if you have tons of ammo, a gun won't last through an entire night. so what can you do? you just gotta get down in between them there pillars and start swinging away.

you guys really should slow down gun degradation. real guns don't break after a shooting off 10 clips. it's unrealistic and super annoying.

what the ♥♥♥♥ was i talking about? oh yeah. now i remember. i was just going on and on because maharin called me out for not wasting words. so blame him for everything i wrote after the "fill it with spikes". i would have just left it at that concisely clever turn about on what kinya said. but no. he had to call me out.

i have a reputation to uphold here.

In Pimps We Trust!

Nice post, but bubo is the creative one with the GIFs. I just rehash stuff from Google Image Search and pretend to have an opinion that matters. :p

bonus.gif

Just to be clear to everyone. We love our game and we want to make the best game we possibly can ... To those that show trust and support, a massive THANK YOU from me personally. A football player can run a touchdown but it's much more enjoyable to do when people are cheering you on. :)

Well said. I wouldn't take it too personally though. I think most of the passion stems from loving the game.

And folks, you know how the phrase goes.. If you don't have anything nice to say..

(come sit by me)

:fish:

Oh it's not personal. I have a thick skin. I've been around since A1, I've heard everything there is to hear at this point. But some people need to be told, in a nice way, that they are spewing vitrol and poisoning the thread. :)

But as you see above. It usually goes right over their heads...

see? now THAT was condescension.

not saying it was inappropriate. i agree entirely with the sentiment. just saying people should know what words mean before they use them.

(and yes, that was incepdescension)

We have a winner! :p

yay. i am win.

I jumped for joy(okay, not literally. I'm an old man. I could break something.) when I saw you were replacing the system rather than trying to shoehorn fixes into it. I'm not a professional programmer any longer but every time I recall a time I got an assignment to fix an old system instead of replace it, I shudder. It never, EVER, worked exactly the way I wanted when it was done.

Archived