Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Shouldn't Madmole be on that beard meter?

Good point. Revision:

hp-bm-bar.jpg.f0db252fb3a599fd50f956424b6bff4e.jpg

Our hp-bm bar is still holding course with the SEA CAPTAIN.

bar runs out for experimental or final build?

Experimental. Bar shall not pass when reaching WIZARD =)

This is an area of contention for me.

I like the idea of more unique zombies that are higher quality with more interesting characteristics.

Massive numbers of zerging zombies do nothing but crash frame rates and are boring as hell because you treat them all the same, using the old spray them with the AK 47 until they all die approach, or explosive crossbow bolts with the old one explosive bolt to kill anything in it's range, worst of all those of us with excellent aim the old shoot them in the head until they die approach, I'm tired of it.

I would prefer zombies with unique weakness characteristics of various types, this one dimensional "one bullet to kill them all" design puts me to sleep.

Fun pimps can and should do better.

How about headless z which can only be killed by headshot? :))

This. So So much this. This is how I've lived my whole life. Did I mention I'm single?

Welcome to TFP dating forums!

Here you will fill your emty 💓!

No registration, No credit card, No questions asked.

Just grab your beloved zombie and drag into your mines!

Don't be shy! Second half is waiting for you!

Enough lonely digging! :))

Cages: You can trap zombies/wolves/bears/etc in them, then transport>place>hook up to a switch. Set them all over your base as traps hooked up to pressure plate(s) that open them. This would be for pvp base defense, or just a cool post-apocalyptic zoo.

Didn't really follow the earlier bit about block IDs. Will that, possibly, open up the ability for modders to add in new building blocks?

Don't mean just stat differences, but entirely new geometries? Without messing up other mods?

So if a modder made a "Storm Cellar Door" that fit with the current Wedge blocks, and the mod only contained that door, then could add it to something like the Ravenhearst mod without conflict?

If anyone wants more danger underground just stand under your entrance shaft with the hatch open on horde night... :D

I actually did that with the hatch closed, and zeds managed to dig around it because the ground wasn't flat enough. They destroyed the ground supporting the hatch, it fell on my head and I died! LOL.

Here you go everyone, was doing some stuff today and made a recording. Nothing official per se, was simply testing some of the mod events and actions.

Any videos from A17 will do, we just want to see more so thanks for that.

Will the 3rd person camera always be set like that? Kinda reminds me of Resident Evil 4.

The game reminded me of RE4 even before I started playing it, which was a strong appeal for me.

TL;DR: you're working on literally the first person shooting part of the game, and you want it to feel good for players of first person shooters.

I'm not the most avid FPS player, but it's still great to see that aspect being worked on.

I see people referring to the the 3rd person combat test video but nobody posted a link so here it is in case some of you were confused. It is also updated to the first page.

Thanks a lot for that, I was actually wondering about where it was shown.

It’ll be a whole new game in a number of ways. Starting over is just one. But there is still plenty of time to start a new game today and play a long and fulfilling game before starting anew for A17. There is lots of development ahead still and then about a month’s worth of experimental builds (historically) which are fun to try out and do bug reports for but not worth playing as a long term game.

Damn. A development time of a year. That must be a record somewhere..

It seems to me that the HP bar was just another way to keep us in the loop, again. I'm getting out.

7 Days is the only computer game I play, but at this point we could have A17 exp. in a couple of days, or a couple of months. And I think the latter is the case.

Add the lack of communication from the devs other than poor attempted jokes.

Its getting patronizing.

Classic fun pimps.

Archived