Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

How about you all go to a bar and have a drink, come back and nothing will change till devs come back with locked and finished content. Having the bars is fun or anoying, but not bad, so live with it.

P.S we need a new topic for the next 100+ pages.

How about you all go to a bar and have a drink, come back and nothing will change till devs come back with locked and finished content. Having the bars is fun or anoying, but not bad, so live with it.

P.S we need a new topic for the next 100+ pages.

How about.. New biomes?

I propose a swamp biome!

I just woke up and it is a glorious day! Devs are working hard and pushing through their tasks. I noticed a couple of AI related tickets submitted by faatal so that is reassuring. We already know that Kinyajuu is getting weapons dialed in. Joel is working on something exciting that I'm sure he will want to talk about once he has it good enough to show (and not it is not a new texture or house decoration). Quests are coming along and the last time I spawned in a bandit it looked and moved a lot better than previously so it looks like they ARE applying the motion capture animations to the bandits along with the players.

I know all you doom and gloom folk will find a reason why none of this is exciting and will share over the course of several posts why you feel underwhelmed by it but for the rest of you I hope you see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The developers are working daily and making progress.

Yes, thank you for that. :smile-new:\

Edit: I am liking this daily rap sheet post you did. If you could do this every day, it'd be awesome.

Even if you just told us that Madmole stubbed his toe on his office chair or Fattal called in because he was having a bad

hair day; we'd all appreciate it.

How about.. New biomes?

I propose a swamp biome!

and new zombies, water corpse style or something like that.

a new map or costum-maps from the playerbase would be awesome

after a year the current map gets... kinda boring.

Even if you just told us that Madmole stubbed his toe on his office chair or Fattal called in because he was having a bad

hair day; we'd all appreciate it.

Good that no one of us practises magic. We could hypnotize Roland to bring us what we want from the dev`s kitchen at anytime :))

Thank you for the intel Roland!

The foundation changes that allow for event triggers, extension and mutation of objects, content driven quests, improved physics, better block handling, etc. are "foundation" pieces that the Pimps need to be able to build all of the "cool" stuff you guys are begging for. These changes aren't "for modders" they are for the Pimps and happen to benefit the modders by natural extension giving the game content and flow more flexibility and possibilities.

I am incredibly excited about the foundation changes because they remove the roadblocks that have kept the Pimps from adding in the things we have been clamoring for. They are finally working through their experimental ideas to get some solid systems in place. I can't wait to see what they build with it.

Guest Rassilon
I just woke up and it is a glorious day! Devs are working hard and pushing through their tasks. I noticed a couple of AI related tickets submitted by faatal so that is reassuring. We already know that Kinyajuu is getting weapons dialed in. Joel is working on something exciting that I'm sure he will want to talk about once he has it good enough to show (and not it is not a new texture or house decoration). Quests are coming along and the last time I spawned in a bandit it looked and moved a lot better than previously so it looks like they ARE applying the motion capture animations to the bandits along with the players.

I know all you doom and gloom folk will find a reason why none of this is exciting and will share over the course of several posts why you feel underwhelmed by it but for the rest of you I hope you see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The developers are working daily and making progress.

Thank you for the Status Update. its really good to read some details, instead of vague Hints and Clues.

Maybe give us one of those Reports every few weeks if it fits your shedule.

I like those infos very much, and for sure more as constantly get trolled from you or gazz for every serious content related question =P

Excellent......

i am excited about what they planned for "water"

i know its one of the hardest things to pull off right in a voxel game....

i haven't seen one yet that did it good.....

but i have seen some of the "particle" water animations around the interwebs

But not sure which one pulls better performance.....

i think Farcry had some of the best water i ever seen..maybe there was more but thats the one i remeber the most

#completelynewgame ?

TY Roland for the run down, Appreciate it!

My 5 year old nephew asked why there is no toilets to produse poopie since we have so much farming and eating involved in the game. The dude even said it could be used to make fertilezer and either sell it or use it. I added poopcannon and he went off the room.

He said yes to the poopcannon.

I mean .. this game is not gonna be called 'the one that you can poop at and make flowers' , but what if ?

Thanks Roland for the update. :)

My 5 year old nephew asked why there is no toilets to produse poopie since we have so much farming and eating involved in the game. The dude even said it could be used to make fertilezer and either sell it or use it. I added poopcannon and he went off the room.

He said yes to the poopcannon.

I mean .. this game is not gonna be called 'the one that you can poop at and make flowers' , but what if ?

+1 for poopcannon

Thank you for the update!

I look forward to seeing the better animations for the NPCs and players! It does look like it is going to be a whole new game/ playing experience and as such the light at the end of the tunnel is a bright and brilliant blood moon red! :)

Yes! The die hards appreciate everything you guys do. We are ready for some Alpha 17. Unfortunately, there will always be the doom and gloom. People aren't this elevated, holy creature. We are intelligent hairless apes, flying down the highway at 80mph with a cellphone in one hand and a starbucks in the other. There's no sense in trying to figure out what we do, or why we do it.

Glad to hear that A.I is being worked on. Hopefully that means Bandits/A.I are still a planned feature for A17, and that Zombies will also get some of those A.I improvements. Because as I'm sure most of us are aware, they've been in desperate need of it for quite a long while lol.

Personally, I agree with the "Show it when it's ready" approach that The Fun Pimps have taken. It seems to be an improvement over having a list of planned features, only to be disappointed when some of them get delayed. I do however wish that Madmole would update us more often like before, but I suppose that's not the end of the world.

Thanks for the quick update Roland, and keep up the great work Fun Pimps!

Excellent, I wish news like this was more often.

Doom&Gloom - I dont care what is hooked up to the bandits if they arent in the game

Archived