Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Dear sir,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I am a representative of The Furry Pimps, and I can confirm Alpha 17 will not be on the 1st of August of 2018, or on the 31st of July.

Your ideas have been received by us, and we are due to process your requests in a timely manner. They will be most certainly included in our upcoming release, although we cannot confirm the presence of the 'two camouflage with leafs', since it will most likely involve three camouflages.

The sinked submarine unfortunately cannot be released, since it unfortunately has sunken on its way there. We apologize.

9/10

it needs an update..not just a change of color on the bar that never moves.

MTFGA

I Agree. It has been Red then Pink and now this color. Not sure why it is not moving, but they could have just said 'Not in March' and it would accomplish the same thing without everyone getting their hopes up.

I would like to say that I am VERY much looking forward to Alpha 17 and think the updates are going to be great! I understand that these things take time and we all want them done right. Just be straight with us and don't tease us with this color changing health bar that doesn't move.

I see what you guys need and I'm here for you. Give me a sec to set it all up and everyone should be happy.

Yes )

In Dead Space 2 we have Children Necromorph and all right!

Dead Space! Ohhhh how i miss my laser cutter...

That game is awesome! Atmospheric, Scary, Intense, have i mentioned good story?!

If someone in here haven't played Dead Space..

Go and play it, you won't regret it.

Only if don't have allergy to needle in your eye x

We need laser cutter in 7 days to die!

Gazz can make 🔋, Fattal can make modifications, Roland can can add HP bar to it :))))

Sorry Roland.

Pianos confirmed for A17!

As music soothes the savage beast (and zombies) all you have to do is play and zombies will sit down and enjoy!

Of course for the radiated zombies you need to pull out the big guns... that's right: "Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No.5" Boom! and Win!

It might be OP Roland but lets give it a try. :)

I don’t want to give the devs any ideas like that for the game...

█████████████████████████████████

Is the alcohol bar a confirmed feature in Alpha 17? Will we get some special abilities when we get too drunk? Something like Logan Carter from Dead Island? lol

Logan is the only hero who benefits from consuming alcohol. Once the player has upgraded the related skills, it's recommended to keep a few bottles handy for use in combat. If the player can stand the impaired vision and the lack of ability to walk straight, then they effectively have themselves a potion that increases Logan's damage and regenerates the character's health. Keep in mind that if you're knocked over, the benefits will be temporarily canceled.

"I drive drunk better than I do sober anyway."

9PAqKgl.png

I wonder if I am the only being here that thinks that this HP bar is gonna help us in a massive close battle/large distance battle, to be more effective to defend, or lots of ppl think that it will help us to just be able to kill zeds faster. Paradox is in both ways it is usable and effective. Why is the riot then ? '

3 posts allowed about this topic or I send you a snake horde while you sleep.

I wonder if I am the only being here that thinks that this HP bar is gonna help us in a massive close battle/large distance battle, to be more effective to defend, or lots of ppl think that it will help us to just be able to kill zeds faster. Paradox is in both ways it is usable and effective. Why is the riot then ? '

3 posts allowed about this topic or I send you a snake horde while you sleep.

Are there really people who make a big deal out of this? Health bar on zombies will be an optional feature, right? Although, even if it's not, I always considered it kinda redundant and even something that might confuse me during fight. Imagine fighting hordes of zombies. You won't really watch the health bar of each zombie to go down, so what's the point? But I'm not really a hater of it either. I'm neutral on this one, I just can't imagine any situation in which this feature would be useful, but I already can imagine that being surrounded by many zombies at once, seeing rapidly changing health bars (depending on how many zombies you're looking at and their different amounts of health), it could get confusing for the player.

EDIT:

On the other hand, a health bar for friendly players and friendly NPCs would be useful.

I've played around 260hrs A15 and however many hours it takes to reach day 34 in A16. I'm not inexperienced I know about outrunning dogs though with cacti and other impediments it's not always easy. Some things like the tower just feel contrived and not something a real survivor would do. But I get your point. I'm not saying it can't be done just that it can be difficult, and it's easy to die from a little slip-up.

I get you and see your point. In certain instances running can be difficult, and the spawning could definitely be worked on.

But I disagree with the tower/survivor thing. A survivor would do anything to survive, they'd absolutely have to think about things like this. It's just gaining a height advantage, only three or so blocks. An equivalent would be a hunters blind in the trees in America and other hunting places. Gaining a height advantage over something much faster than you is just logic, can't reach you = can't kill you. (Unless it's an irradiated cop :p)

But I also agree even a little slip-up can be fatal :)

... are they called hunting blinds? I'm English, hunting isn't something I know about or agree with unless it's life or death lol.

As some things are measured in 3's (Days, Months, Years) (Seconds, Minutes, Hours) I think you need one more bar to show when the blue bar is going to take a hit...maybe gore green one...

The third bar is the play at home bar that you draw on a piece of paper and progress yourself hoping to get it right just as this one changes. It is such a fun minigame that nobody will care when A17 experimental comes out.

I get you and see your point. In certain instances running can be difficult, and the spawning could definitely be worked on.

But I disagree with the tower/survivor thing. A survivor would do anything to survive, they'd absolutely have to think about things like this. It's just gaining a height advantage, only three or so blocks. An equivalent would be a hunters blind in the trees in America and other hunting places. Gaining a height advantage over something much faster than you is just logic, can't reach you = can't kill you. (Unless it's an irradiated cop :p)

But I also agree even a little slip-up can be fatal :)

... are they called hunting blinds? I'm English, hunting isn't something I know about or agree with unless it's life or death lol.

I don't entirely disagree with you but don't try to make the tower thing against wolves sound realistic. Grab a bunch of lumber, go find a wolf, piss it off, quickly build a three meter tower where you can climb and shoot it. When you get out of the hospital let us know how it went.

I don't think naive1000 was saying building a tower is a problem in and of itself. The fact you can build one 3 meters high in 2 seconds is contrived. Plus, the current AI doesn't handle height differences between the mob and its target very well.

Archived