Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I just woke up and it is a glorious day! Devs are working hard and pushing through their tasks. I noticed a couple of AI related tickets submitted by faatal so that is reassuring. We already know that Kinyajuu is getting weapons dialed in. Joel is working on something exciting that I'm sure he will want to talk about once he has it good enough to show (and not it is not a new texture or house decoration). Quests are coming along and the last time I spawned in a bandit it looked and moved a lot better than previously so it looks like they ARE applying the motion capture animations to the bandits along with the players.

I know all you doom and gloom folk will find a reason why none of this is exciting and will share over the course of several posts why you feel underwhelmed by it but for the rest of you I hope you see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The developers are working daily and making progress.

Thank you very much! Really appreciate this status update after all the troll and vaguely posts recently!

In that sense you can't make any of the game sound realistic.

In life, if there's an area where there's an active wolf, you could theoretically easily stick a blind in a tree in order to hunt it. I'm not saying build a tower, I'm saying the tower in game is equal to a tree blind, or some other elevation difference in real life. (In game tower, is an in-game limitation of such things.)

If you're going to go hunting, you're better off sticking yourself in a tree. Which is what hunters do. That's a fact.

What idiot, would piss the wolf off, then build the thing to defend from it? My whole point was preparation. In your first section you completely misunderstood what I was saying.

Then, in your second section, you're literally confirming what I said. Height, and you've beaten the animal. As I said, and implied in my previous comment, build something equal to a blind in a tree. If it were real life, you could even climb said tree.

The tower in game is the imitation of said blinds and tree climbing. Please don't take me for an idiot and think that I'm talking about punching a wolf, and then running off with a ♥♥♥♥load of wood to build a tower. Of course that's not what I was saying.

Peter Wolf Punch special move confirmed for A17.

- - - Updated - - -

Roland, stop it with the HP/XP-bar. In the beginning it was somewhat funny, but now it's more condescending than anything else.

Umm, isn't that, quite literally, what he gets paid to do?

with this hp bar, my expectations just went higher. so in june, when they spent 1 year for this update, i expect something gamechanger. nothing amazing in the list yet.

Roland, my review is currently positive. after your "jokes" it may change easily, becouse you are the main connect to the devs. the responsibility is on you. thanks

hoping something big, after this.

( buildings with MORE boxes, and the quest is to get rid of them is not a gamechanger. collecting mods instead of parts neither. we already had a vehicle with storage, we can survive without buffs easily, the vanilla game is not hard, so changing the health system will not affect us inside/outside the base that much )

hopefully bandits will come with A17

also have trust in the quest/jobs

If Mikee intends for this post to be taken seriously he must seriously be gunning for either Gup, Gazz, or Trolland's job, because that kerstuffle is just too outrageous for anyone else to get away with saying.

no one made negative comments on this page....hmm

so before the last update i suggested the devs go with a 3 month development cycle.

they didn't listen.

therefore i am angry and shall now whine and complain. however i will attempt to make my whining seem like a rational argument, and my complaining like constructive criticism; so that no one calls me a whiny complainer.

next i shall leave negative comments on various 7d2d related message boards. everyone needs to know about how this delay has negatively effected my life.

finally i shall insult those that call me a negative nancy whiny complainer with no life. i shall do this by calling them "fan bois".

mission complete.

edit: some one beat me to the negativity. they are now my mortal enemy.

A few...but a big one being the "work appropriate" line. Lots of people read this while at work and bosses always manage to walk by right when the poop flies.

Between us, what is the worst you`ve seen on your student`s display. We all have experience in lookin where we are not supposed to.. at the worst time possible.

Good thinking thought, appreciate that move.

Being condescending or adding an XP/HP bar?

Yes.

To clarify, if you use the word "or" in a deontic modality then the answer would be unequivocally yes. In deontic modality words are used in a way that is more of a statement or command, so yes, his job is either to be condescending OR to add an xp/hp bar.

There is absolutely no point in explaining the quip of answering a two part question with the word yes, but I figured after I put in my doom/gloom post I owed it to Gupp to post something whimsical and silly otherwise he'd kick me out of the secret treehouse club.

And I ain't even been accepted yet, so that's a no-go.

I just woke up and it is a glorious day! Devs are working hard and pushing through their tasks. I noticed a couple of AI related tickets submitted by faatal so that is reassuring. We already know that Kinyajuu is getting weapons dialed in. Joel is working on something exciting that I'm sure he will want to talk about once he has it good enough to show (and not it is not a new texture or house decoration). Quests are coming along and the last time I spawned in a bandit it looked and moved a lot better than previously so it looks like they ARE applying the motion capture animations to the bandits along with the players.

I know all you doom and gloom folk will find a reason why none of this is exciting and will share over the course of several posts why you feel underwhelmed by it but for the rest of you I hope you see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The developers are working daily and making progress.

Yay, we are getting tunnels...

Doom&Gloom - I dont care what is hooked up to the bandits if they arent in the game

That's rather short sighted of you. The more that gets hooked in the closer they are to being ready to be inserted in the game. You don't want them to basically ignore bandits until the day they decide to put them in. That would be a disaster from both their perspective and ours.

Being condescending or adding an XP/HP bar?

You do realize that he's in a no win situation, right? He is not a developer and has no control over what they choose to work on. No matter what he posts here there will be people complaining he didn't do it some other way.

If that isn't a reason to joke around about it to keep your sanity I don't know what is.

Most of the previous alphas are still playable. Have fun with them or have fun with A16 as it stands now. Or try a mod or three. Or if you still can't have fun then take a break and do something else for a while. But getting all bent out of shape about it won't do you any good because it won't change a thing. Asking Roland to be as serious about it as you seem to think he should be is also a lost cause. Learn to take this stuff lightly for your own sanity... it is just a game after all.

You do realize that he's in a no win situation, right? He is not a developer and has no control over what they choose to work on. No matter what he posts here there will be people complaining he didn't do it some other way.

If that isn't a reason to joke around about it to keep your sanity I don't know what is.

Most of the previous alphas are still playable. Have fun with them or have fun with A16 as it stands now. Or try a mod or three. Or if you still can't have fun then take a break and do something else for a while. But getting all bent out of shape about it won't do you any good because it won't change a thing. Asking Roland to be as serious about it as you seem to think he should be is also a lost cause. Learn to take this stuff lightly for your own sanity... it is just a game after all.

i like how i said it better. less wordy.

Secret Clubhouse confirmed.

...nothing Roland posts, nothing madmole records, and nothing Gazz says is going to make a17 come out any faster. It is what it is.

Nothing ouch coughs up, *bubo makes a gif of, or I snark on, is going to make a17 come out any faster. It is what it is.

Nothing snowdog, mikee, davag or anyone else complains about is going to make a17 come out any faster. It is what it is.

So all we CAN do, is enjoy ourselves while we wait.

Roland discovers colors, ouch practices being a tuberculosis patient, and mikee butchers the English language, all in good fun. And it's all okay, because it passes the time on here.

It is what it is.

/early morning (for me) summarizing since 1971.

Secret Clubhouse confirmed.

...nothing Roland posts, nothing madmole records, and nothing Gazz says is going to make a17 come out any faster. It is what it is.

Nothing ouch coughs up, maharin makes a gif of, or I snark on, is going to make a17 come out any faster. It is what it is.

Nothing snowdog, mikee, davag or anyone else complains about is going to make a17 come out any faster. It is what it is.

So all we CAN do, is enjoy ourselves while we wait.

Roland discovers colors, ouch practices being a tuberculosis patient, and mikee butchers the English language, all in good fun. And it's all okay, because it passes the time on here.

It is what it is.

/early morning (for me) summarizing since 1971.

Nice post, but bubo is the creative one with the GIFs. I just rehash stuff from Google Image Search and pretend to have an opinion that matters. :p

No, I didn't misunderstand. You misunderstood what naive was saying. You build a tower AFTER the wolf attacks. He finds that contrived so he doesn't do it. You tried to compare it to a real life situation that doesn't actually compare. Neither of you are wrong and neither of you are correct. Play however is fun, to you.

One point about the tree stand analogy though. The only hunters that build a tree stand are ones that can afford to go weeks without a kill. Someone hunting to stay alive can't afford that luxury. They follow the game. It's kind of why it's called "hunting" instead of "waiting."

Edit: And I never thought you were an idiot. The punching the wolf in my analogy was to simulate building your tower AFTER agro which is what naive was saying.

You're right that's what I was talking about. Making a stand while being chased seems a bit contrived.

Though I have found that having wolves and dogs able to climb ladders is also a bit off. While I've seen it is possible, almost no dog can or would be willing to try. They're just not made for it. Ultimately, it is a zombie world and you play as you feel comfortable with to survive.

Archived