Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

It seems to me that the HP bar was just another way to keep us in the loop, again. I'm getting out.

7 Days is the only computer game I play, but at this point we could have A17 exp. in a couple of days, or a couple of months. And I think the latter is the case.

Add the lack of communication from the devs other than poor attempted jokes.

Its getting patronizing.

Classic fun pimps.

I admit I feel the same.

Been playing for several years now and still no clue when to expect a new update.

Set a deadline, even if its Q3. Let us know what we can expect.

This HP bar can be 5 days but it can also be 5 months

Speaking of 5 months, not a single update in 5 months..

They could have brought us some updates..

I fully understand that some updates are too large to quickly add.

But... couldn't new POI's have already been released for the RWG?

Windows Trimming? Small decorative pipe? Wainscotting block?

Sounds like things that could have easily been added.

I think everyone will get sick looking at that health bar and disable them when A17 comes out :D

It depends on how many times you press F5 ;) You can`t imagine the hours before experimental.

- - - Updated - - -

I admit I feel the same.

Been playing for several years now and still no clue when to expect a new update.

It is just not so easy. Okay it might be easy in some way, but its time consuming. A lot.

Experimental.

Once experimental starts I'll replace the fat red hp bar with a thin blue xp bar.... :)

So there is this imaginary "big boss enemy" in this thread, but it looks like there's no one around to put him down, because his red hp bar clearly isn't changing, so what's the point of it anyway?

Judging by what i’ve read, it is going to be Q3. Take a break and check back in june. I’m certain there will be more info at that point..

The HP bar is mor of a joke then a valid indicator. Don’t read into it too much...

It seems to me that the HP bar was just another way to keep us in the loop, again. I'm getting out.

7 Days is the only computer game I play, but at this point we could have A17 exp. in a couple of days, or a couple of months. And I think the latter is the case.

Add the lack of communication from the devs other than poor attempted jokes.

Its getting patronizing.

Classic fun pimps.

What happened in the past 2 weeks? https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Diary-Alpha-17!!!&p=794541&viewfull=1#post794541

Cheers

It depends on how many times you press F5 ;) You can`t imagine the hours before experimental.

- - - Updated - - -

It is just not so easy. Okay it might be easy in some way, but its time consuming. A lot.

Been a Developer I understand that it is not easy to estimate the time at all time. But Not having a Deadline is not excepted when you are showcasing the development in public forum. It add excited for so long, but after 3-4 month of showcasing it start to begin frustration. Fun Pimps already make 16 Version of game, so I don't understand why they have problem estimating 17th Version's estimate deadline or communicate it clearly.

Not communicating clearly means they are not sure if they can commit to date. They are working hard, but they are still experimenting with Idea. They are not yet doing development. They are in flow, lets try this if it gets develop to release we release it. but since we are not sure let us not decide when. They should develop for A17, Think of A18 and experiment new feature for A19 at same time to get it good deadline driven development.

I admit I feel the same.

Wow! Are you guys for real??

You don't have a clue about how game development works I guess...

You know that packaging ONE PIECE out of all the work they've have done needs a lot of work by itself?

And did you think that if they'd release just a "small update" they'd have also to handle all the silly "feedback" from people who think the game's not working anymore AFTER that update (which 99% of the time is not the case)?

And did you think about them having to spend more time PATCHING that update if anything goes wrong?

So basically instead of 6 months of good development time you'd be looking at 6 months - 1 month to handle problems for the small update.

The only updates we need are those vids and some info about WIP so we know they're working.

Let them work and bake something good for us.

The best things in life always get time to be achieved, be patient grasshopper, be patient. ;-]

I'm not saying development is slow, I'm just saying babies get born faster than new Alpha's released.

Before babies are born something has to get ****ed first.....

When it happens in game development I am guessing it has to be fixed first :D

Dear sirs.,

Could you confirm the update alpha 17 on 31 of jully and not 1st of August of 2018 ?

Please Confirm ASAP,

Best reggards, and I am waiting my feedback from the new stuff I sayed about the new vehicles, the buggy for 2 players, the new armoured buggy, the mini gun attached on the roof of the buggy, the van for 4 players, the semi truck, the motocross for 2 players, the two camouflage with leafs, the oxigen tanks for scubba diving, the scuba suit and when you will release the sinked submarine on the game ???

Please repply urgent and confirm if true.

Keep up the good work

P.S

don't forget the water colector when it rains and the water piping to drain water from the rivers or lakes to base.

Where you will place the sinked submarine to explore on the game ???

Think I'm beginning to like Sektor12. Reminds me of Speedy Gonzalas, the eternal optimist & poster child for Red Bull/Monster/etc.

Just beware if Roland offers you anything to eat. He's a teacher so undoubtably has a supply of riddlin handy at all times :smile-new:

+1 for a desert submarine!

Edit: yay! War Elephants confirmed for A17!!

Dear sirs.,

Could you confirm the update alpha 17 on 31 of jully and not 1st of August of 2018 ?

Please Confirm ASAP,

Best reggards, and I am waiting my feedback from the new stuff I sayed about the new vehicles, the buggy for 2 players, the new armoured buggy, the mini gun attached on the roof of the buggy, the van for 4 players, the semi truck, the motocross for 2 players, the two camouflage with leafs, the oxigen tanks for scubba diving, the scuba suit and when you will release the sinked submarine on the game ???

Please repply urgent and confirm if true.

Keep up the good work

P.S

don't forget the water colector when it rains and the water piping to drain water from the rivers or lakes to base.

Where you will place the sinked submarine to explore on the game ???

Dear sir,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I am a representative of The Furry Pimps, and I can confirm Alpha 17 will not be on the 1st of August of 2018, or on the 31st of July.

Your ideas have been received by us, and we are due to process your requests in a timely manner. They will be most certainly included in our upcoming release, although we cannot confirm the presence of the 'two camouflage with leafs', since it will most likely involve three camouflages.

The sinked submarine unfortunately cannot be released, since it unfortunately has sunken on its way there. We apologize.

It’ll be a whole new game in a number of ways. Starting over is just one. But there is still plenty of time to start a new game today and play a long and fulfilling game before starting anew for A17. There is lots of development ahead still and then about a month’s worth of experimental builds (historically) which are fun to try out and do bug reports for but not worth playing as a long term game.

Welllllll...Good to know we probably have another 6 months or so.Might as well do it right

keeps people from Checking back all the time ...everyday......F5,F5,F5

Jaws of extintion and State of Decay 2 are right around the corner

Its to bad they made SOD 2 a 4 player co-op

would of been better if it was 8 player Co-op...

Think I'm beginning to like Sektor12. Reminds me of Speedy Gonzalas, the eternal optimist & poster child for Red Bull/Monster/etc.

Just beware if Roland offers you anything to eat. He's a teacher so undoubtably has a supply of riddlin handy at all times :smile-new:

+1 for a desert submarine!

Edit: yay! War Elephants confirmed for A17!!

:D ahahaha

Archived