Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Roland, stop it with the HP/XP-bar. In the beginning it was somewhat funny, but now it's more condescending than anything else.

condescending? seems more like teasing to me.

i cannot recall what childishness he choose preceding the previous release, but it was some sort of similar situation. take it for what it is: a sure sign that an internal tentative release date has been determined.

1st grade? Piece of cake.

Try teaching math to 8th graders right after lunch on any given day. As the sugar releases into their blood stream and mixes with all their newly acquired hormones...well...let's just say they can't feel their face when they're with you....

My dad taught 7th and 8th graders for a few years... This was at a time when you (the teacher) could slam one of the bastards (the official word for 7th and 8th graders I gathered) against a wall locker. My dad was a powerful person and you never, ever wanted to get disciplined by him a second time (If you somehow thought it would be a fun idea the first time).

I think one of his students thought up the Darth Vader character off some wall locker quality time with my dad! :)

"Were is the hall pass! I find your lack of good grades disturbing".

with this hp bar, my expectations just went higher. so in june, when they spent 1 year for this update, i expect something gamechanger. nothing amazing in the list yet.

Roland, my review is currently positive. after your "jokes" it may change easily, becouse you are the main connect to the devs. the responsibility is on you. thanks

hoping something big, after this.

( buildings with MORE boxes, and the quest is to get rid of them is not a gamechanger. collecting mods instead of parts neither. we already had a vehicle with storage, we can survive without buffs easily, the vanilla game is not hard, so changing the health system will not affect us inside/outside the base that much )

hopefully bandits will come with A17

also have trust in the quest/jobs

with this hp bar, my expectations just went higher. so in june, when they spent 1 year for this update, i expect something gamechanger. nothing amazing in the list yet.

Roland, my review is currently positive. after your "jokes" it may change easily, becouse you are the main connect to the devs. the responsibility is on you. thanks

( buildings with MORE boxes, and the quest is to get rid of them is not a gamechanger. collecting mods instead of parts neither. we already had a vehicle with storage, we can survive without buffs easily, the vanilla game is not hard, so changing the health system will not affect us inside/outside the base that much )

I am surprise that you didn't find anything interesting in current list of change. They change all core, making new buff system, improve physics of game, add new cool Vehicle, new mod able Gun parts, It is not just what vanilla game will offer in A17, think what modder will add. With no end game goal, whatever they add in A17 Vanilla, we eventually get bored after playing 4-6 horde night on vanilla, then we need mod and with upcoming changes there is lot of potential modder can do. I think with various mod option we get enough unique game play for 7-8 months easily with this a17.

You really dont know Roland well do ya? Threatening him will not do anything but making you pull your hair even more :)

Cheers

I am surprise that you didn't find anything interesting in current list of change. They change all core, making new buff system, improve physics of game, add new cool Vehicle, new mod able Gun parts, It is not just what vanilla game will offer in A17, think what modder will add. With no end game goal, whatever they add in A17 Vanilla, we eventually get bored after playing 4-6 horde night on vanilla, then we need mod and with upcoming changes there is lot of potential modder can do. I think with various mod option we get enough unique game play for 7-8 months easily with this a17.

you just repeated me, then said: modders will do the content

sorry, i still have expectations. :/

Please don't say "modders will do the rest".

As long as steam workshop is not available, not everyone can use mods.

95% of the players are just not technically advanced enough to experiment with mods without breaking the game.

After a year of developing with 10 new EXTRA staff members I can understand people are raising the bar.

Being a "modder" can be as easy as opening a text file (XML is text). Changing a number or two and seeing what happens. There! You're a modder. I bet someone made some tutorials on youtube as well.

Just a few number changes can make the terrain less extreme (rolling hills and not steep mountains) and my favorite: Giving brass loot more weight to make ammo a little more plentiful.

Guys, don't go about insulting each other here left and right. Taken care of. - moderator

I'm also of the opinion that I don't see a lot in the list of upcoming things which excite me. Buff system? I haven't seen any application of that (yet). Vehicles and different guns are nice, but no game-changer.

And creating the ground-work ('building the foundation') for modders is not and cannot be a specific focus/goal of TFP.

wow what halpemed?

Anywho, Im glad im not the only one unimpressed by the listed A17 features :)

No one is confident enough at TFP right now to make predictions on relatively new team member's skill sets. There is always a learning curve and many programmers, if pushed for time (always?), will take shortcuts that over time make the system very complicated to other programmers.

I'm sure the lead programmer wants to first untangle the code, reduce complexity and THEN get to the fun stuff.

you just repeated me, then said: modders will do the content

sorry, i still have expectations. :/

I know I repeat you, but if your definition is limited to having new content = bandit or big zombie, then how it is different from yet another zombie in game? It won't be new content. having a zipline, is just another cool way of travelling. for protection. Game can have anything, yet it be seen as nothing :). Modder make variant of game. That is what this game is all about. They make one game, modder make it for different play style. If we see this game as only Vanilla then this game have more rant than good in it.

No one is confident enough at TFP right now to make predictions on relatively new team member's skill sets. There is always a learning curve and many programmers, if pushed for time (always?), will take shortcuts that over time make the system very complicated to other programmers.

I'm sure the lead programmer wants to first untangle the code, reduce complexity and THEN get to the fun stuff.

In my work experience, we untangle one part, to get other part tangled up. It can never be perfect. But Any programmer who is good enough to game will know it very soon. I was once get chance to see on EA football game that launch in 2015 that how they plan it 2 yrs ago, and get going. But they were content lock 2 yrs ago. 7DTD should be content locked for even A19 by now, so they can just concentrate on development which can be tricky.

Deadline give balance to what needs to be done and what can be done.

Gentleman,

First i would like to ask you to calm down a bit. the comments here get quite toxic and i neither see a reason nor a benefit from it. so how about you make a quick break and make yourself a tea? it always help me to calm down for sure.

Next i would like to say is, that i dont know anything about programming, i cant even write a script XD. But i assume programming a video game is extremly much work. you need to go bug huntring, make each single part interact and fit each other. get the Graphic to look proper, the sounds to hit at the correct time and and and. I Know that the Fun Pimps are a rather small group. That they have 10new guys is good to hear but still there is a learning curve and their work need to fit the others,

Last but to Least: Rolands little game with the HP bar is as amusing as it is frustrating. i get that many many many many people are not happy with it, but threating is really unpolite you know?

Its a Game Gentleman, it is a extremly cool game we all look forward to but still we should not get mad about it too much. and well 1 year for an update is still better than EA's standart profile to trash out an unfinished game after 6 months taking a half year to fix bugs and then want to make it pay to win with loot boxes ... or sell 12 DLCs for one game and all together it feels like... a moderate game... nice but not too big

Archived