Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

There are crowdfunding models where you really can invest in a game (Fig for example), but backers on kickstarter are NOT investors. They are only making a combined donation and purchase.

Meganoth seriously thank you for the correction. Personally I have

been researching funding for my own micronized power supply. I

pondered the thought of whether to continue independently or apply

with Kickstarter.

The statement regarding backers as being investors was my independant

thought, because, of the kickstarter model. In legal terms, which i'm

re-investigating now, they are backers, or pledgers. In layman terms, I

actually thought they were investors because they submitted, specific

quantities of money, for an expected specific yield.

Though not from financial reciprocity, they pledged and sent money,

with a direct expectation of receiving different levels of (perks).

A t-shirt, charater addition to the game,honorable mentions,

plane tickets and invites. The financial remuneration was sought by

The brothers and eventually their team. Much of this seems to be

reworded contractual agreements akin to IPO/stock offers.

Everyone else that has purchased the game from Steam, or other electronic

distribution media, would be concidered consumers. The argument presented

interested me, because of my own external life goals. It also has an applied

statement that, I am an investor, in Toyota-Nissan-Microsoft etc. because

I bought their product, they are continuations of said products, each has had

recalls because of bugs and each receives yearly upgrades.

The statement, also made me think seriously, about the fact that, an individual

consumer, that pays as little as $1 for a product would therein and or thereafter

be granted the right, either real or imagined to my internal business process.

Once again thanks for the edification, Ill just build mine and sell the patent

to a corporation.

I’m a bit confused. Do you think TFP are adding all those systems to give all the credit to modders? For example, don’t you think they have planned some great content for the buff system they built themselves? Or is it just that you want to get it all finished by A17?

I think he's agreeing with me that this iteration, a17, won't have a lot of new wow factors. A18 sounds like it will though. So right NOW, the buff system won't be fully taken advantage of, but hopefully they will soon.

I think A18 you will start seeing some crazy stuff as we start expanding on the capabilities of the updated systems. More design and less tech.

OK finally real news, A 18 & not BETA so reports on Steam by Mod's on BETA being next are false, thought so.

Keep up the Debugging, waiting patiently as always...

I think he's agreeing with me that this iteration, a17, won't have a lot of new wow factors. A18 sounds like it will though. So right NOW, the buff system won't be fully taken advantage of, but hopefully they will soon.

Ok, I see. I quess that depends what you consider a wow factor. All those systems are pretty awesome and though it is expected that we initially only get old buffs converted to new system, I won’t be discouraged to dream of all the possibilities TFP might (and the modders will :D) implement al later development.

Ok, I see. I quess that depends what you consider a wow factor. All those systems are pretty awesome and though it is expected that we initially only get old buffs converted to new system, I won’t be discouraged to dream of all the possibilities TFP might (and the modders will :D) implement al later development.

Yeh the crux was that the majority of players, i.e. not us, wouldn't notice and would be upset.

Such as Bandits? Fishing? Fishing WITH Bandit!? cats and dogs living together? TFP getting sued and forced to release videos!? ;)

Will we ever see things like burning zombie setting wood blocks on fire? that might be interesting...

Bandits? lol

2017 - the only thing keeping bandits out right now are the janky animations.

2018 - All animation redone, bandits delayed.

I think A18 you will start seeing some crazy stuff as we start expanding on the capabilities of the updated systems. More design and less tech.

This is the part most people don't understand about game dev. You have to get the tech working and working well before you can get really creative with the design around it. If you try it the other way you waste a lot of design time/resources on system that has fundamental flaws that need fixed.

It's been a while since my last post - just spectating mostly. I've seen a lot of judgements passed and a lot of complaining along with some really good stuff.

I don't mind reading through the complaints - there are some good arguments presented. It is the arrogance and ignorance that I glance over and could care less about. Passing judgement on TFP is not going to make the release come quicker and neither is complaining about the length of the wait. Those are boring posts lacking content therefore a waste of space. Make my bathroom break reading great again people! Use your brains and not your bad attitude to discuss the game and the elusive A17! I need another corny joke from Roland asap! :)

Okay, I'll bite, but last time I tried this I damn near got crucified for it. What the hell... this place loves drama :-)

What's the deal with vulkan integration and linux at this point?

I've messed around with vulkan on a couple of distros and with some different hardware, the results were... mixed. I seem to remember a dev saying that in game vulkan isn't used but we have a note on the front page saying we have vulkan menus.

What gives? Linux people are fine as long as they can learn to operate the menu blindly?

Let the drama commence!

OK finally real news, A 18 & not BETA so reports on Steam by Mod's on BETA being next are false, thought so.

Keep up the Debugging, waiting patiently as always...

Sounds like you are trying to win an argument/ bet against the moderator team...

Madmole said that the game would probably go Beta after A17.

Internally they talk about changes they will make in the next update to the game which they label A18.

So here is what could happen next:

1) After A17 is stable possibly by A17.2 they COULD do a few large updates of new content and features and call those 17.3 and 17.4 and 17.5 and then go to Beta and never have an A18. And so internally when the developers talk to each other now and say A18 they'll do this or that it would actually be in A17.3 or A17.4

Then Madmole and the moderators would be correct and not false.

2) After A17 is stable they could go into beta and the changes that they are talking about being for A18 would actually be for post release and then there would be no A18 and the game would go Beta after A17 and Madmole and the developers would be correct and not false.

3) After A17 is stable the developers decide to go ahead and work on A18 and call it A18. In that case Beta would NOT be right after A17 but since Madmole always said "probably" it isn't strictly false and since the moderators were just repeating what they heard from Madmole they might turn out to be wrong but they aren't being false about it.

What it comes down to is that the developers don't really care what they call it. Only people who want to scrutinize and put significant meaning into every phrase uttered so as to win arguments on the internet or to be able to come back later with an imagined "ah ha! Gotcha!" post are spending any amount of time worrying about it.

Next is just the next step whatever it looks like and whatever it ends up being labeled.

are bedrolls supposed to block bloodmoon spawns?

had the dead zone set to 100

day 21 horde would not spawn

picked up bed and they started to spawn

put it down and they would stop

I thought they only stoped regular spawns and sleepers

bug?

- - - Updated - - -

also if a dead zone of 100 blocks the horde that doesnt seem very far

any chance a17 can push that distance back a bit?

I am not starting an Argument all. I am just stating what I have seen. I would hope this would be a conversation between Adults and dispute the false statements. But really focus on the Facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Mr. they have to post them to the investors, not the players. All companies have to post a "Profit and Loss" Statement. Review the laws for private businesses.

I'm a little late to the party but what will he think when someone tells him he really doesn't own a copy of 7 Days, but only owns the right to access the game from Steam's library?

I'm a little late to the party but what will he think when someone tells him he really doesn't own a copy of 7 Days, but only owns the right to access the game from Steam's library?

I'm not sure, I'll check tomorrow. I think you can copy the game folder to a computer without steam and still run it. If that's the case he does actually own it because I don't think TFP are going to care if he burns the contents of the folder to a disk and sits his teacakes on it if he legally bought it.

Honestly? I don't think TFP could be that much of an arsehole, they're good people.

I'm not sure, I'll check tomorrow. I think you can copy the game folder to a computer without steam and still run it. If that's the case he does actually own it because I don't think TFP are going to care if he burns the contents of the folder to a disk and sits his teacakes on it if he legally bought it.

Honestly? I don't think TFP could be that much of an arsehole, they're good people.

You can not run 7 Days to Die unless you are logged in to steam. Trust me I know i've accidentally done it several times so yes, if they wanted they could pull access to the game if they wanted to, but i do NOT know if Steam would have to block it from starting up. As of now you can not play SP unless you are logged into the steam client.

I have more than a few games that disappeared from my list when their EA failed. Dead Linger most notable for me.

Archived