Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

are bedrolls supposed to block bloodmoon spawns?

had the dead zone set to 100

day 21 horde would not spawn

picked up bed and they started to spawn

put it down and they would stop

I thought they only stoped regular spawns and sleepers

bug?

- - - Updated - - -

also if a dead zone of 100 blocks the horde that doesnt seem very far

any chance a17 can push that distance back a bit?

I know water stops a bloodmoon spawn in a16, have tested this accross many servers, but that's been reported and reproduced. We have our players build 200 blocks from any water, but this is an interesting thing we haven't tried, The bedroll having an impact.

Mite have to do some testing with that one. We always assumed it was players having their base to close to the water, as in the spawn points being around 80 or so blocks away from a player on bloodmoon, if that happened to land in water, no zombies would spawn for horde night. Much testing on our server for that issue, but the idea of a bedroll also stopping bloodmoon spawn is something Ill be testing for sure.

I was joking. That was a reference to wiggleslap's line of thinking.

Testament to my bad memory. Now I got the reference.

I’m a bit confused. Do you think TFP are adding all those systems to give all the credit to modders? For example, don’t you think they have planned some great content for the buff system they built themselves? Or is it just that you want to get it all finished by A17?

tldr; What guppycur said :rapture:

Yes, great content will follow. I just assume the time was too short to redo/enhance the buff system AND add a lot features using the new buffs.

This is what happened to quests and mods. Roland already told us that at the moment the quests and mods that are implemented are just a few basic ones. Because they first had to implement the low level stuff not a lot of time was left for creating the quests and mods themselves.

Yes. This will be the greatest update for 7 days to die ever.

...for about 20 of us.

The remaining folks will see new awesome mod content, not possible without the aforementioned update. =)

(but, calling it a Modder's Paradise Update isn't as sexy as calling it A17 I guess)

I know water stops a bloodmoon spawn in a16, have tested this accross many servers, but that's been reported and reproduced. We have our players build 200 blocks from any water, but this is an interesting thing we haven't tried, The bedroll having an impact.

Mite have to do some testing with that one. We always assumed it was players having their base to close to the water, as in the spawn points being around 80 or so blocks away from a player on bloodmoon, if that happened to land in water, no zombies would spawn for horde night. Much testing on our server for that issue, but the idea of a bedroll also stopping bloodmoon spawn is something Ill be testing for sure.

Well for the record. I was nowhere near water

I'm not sure, I'll check tomorrow. I think you can copy the game folder to a computer without steam and still run it. If that's the case he does actually own it because I don't think TFP are going to care if he burns the contents of the folder to a disk and sits his teacakes on it if he legally bought it.

Honestly? I don't think TFP could be that much of an arsehole, they're good people.

Yeah, pretty sure it's in Steams TOS that you are buying access to their game library. If you can't remember your Steam password, you cannot play any of the games regardless where you put the files, unless you log into Steam. In order to actually own a copy of any game, you must buy the hard copy.

I just finished a two day major overhaul of sleeper volume code. All bugs I could find (despawn, reset, exploding cops) were fixed and a console command was added to dump sleeper volume info.

(Sorry for delay. Multi-convention...)

If you PM me your address, I will drive down from MI and give you a hug. Heck I'll even buy you a lunch.

Definitely just in the game; I'm Canadian, so the closest we'd get in RL is :

*pulls up in minivan*

"Quick! Get in please! We're about to go hunting for Timbits and see how many friendly people we can wave at on the way! Let's gooooo!"

*drives away, saying sorry to everyone in earshot for all the ruckus*

*sniff* I want some good donuts here.

... but now I'm working on using offline player bedrolls and land claim blocks for disabling cleared sleeper volumes, which is a fair bit of code changes. Just part of the A17 process to make this stuff clean and working well.

Another fine example of the devs actioning feedback received in the forums - thanks faatal, much appreciated!

It could be blocking blood moons, since they spawn at a fairly specific range and direction and if that code is checking the bedroll, then no zombies. I'm slowing getting to that code, since I think I will be the one maintaining it now. 100 blocks is far where zombie pathing is concerned. Was hoping to look at that stuff this week, but now I'm working on using offline player bedrolls and land claim blocks for disabling cleared sleeper volumes, which is a fair bit of code changes. Just part of the A17 process to make this stuff clean and working well.

Maybe give hordes an exception to the rule. Seems like even at default you could block the horde with enough players with beds and just stand in the centre.

That's all I'm saying. We aren't getting a whole lot of "new" things, and I really don't see the casual player even really noticing much.

But again, that's not a bad thing, this has long been coming...

(sticky arrows are cool though)

Oh, I do enjoy the conversations of the... A17 uninitiated.

Here is my uninitiated view:

-Many people will die in a special POI even before they can die in the first 7 day horde (yes, dead twice by day 7).

-Our few "elite" players (I believe we have a few) will be hard pressed to not die, but will finally die once before 100 days pass.

-Our average forum player (better than average players IMO), myself included, will die by day 28.

Not the same game, just a similar look.

but now I'm working on using offline player bedrolls and land claim blocks for disabling cleared sleeper volumes

Glad to hear something being done about that, but we won't be able to step in the house, clear the first room, put a bedroll down, and just walk through the rest of the house though, right?

So about those diggers. Jus how deep do they dig?

I've been kinda wondering along the same lines. I understand they only dig if they detect you right? So theoretically they could dig as far down as they like, but it really depends on how loud you're being down there. I just wonder what level of seismic activity at bedrock grabs the attention of a z on the surface.

I have read the post - wow, I am sorry if I offended anyone in here. I am a person to question the obvious when things look bad. Communication is the key and when the communication stops - there is an underlying reason. I love this game as much as the next player. How long do we have to wait for a promise for a product we "ALL" purchased? I do believe one year is excessive to wait but that is my opinion. In my opinion - if you buy a product and have a group of peers - asking questions should not be offensive - unless there is something to hide.

@roland sorry I caused so much anger and confusion. That was not my intent.

You can not run 7 Days to Die unless you are logged in to steam. Trust me I know i've accidentally done it several times so yes, if they wanted they could pull access to the game if they wanted to, but i do NOT know if Steam would have to block it from starting up. As of now you can not play SP unless you are logged into the steam client.

I have more than a few games that disappeared from my list when their EA failed. Dead Linger most notable for me.

I'm fairly certain that when I started my Day 25 of Ravenhearst 4.3 this afternoon, with Steam not 'open', I got a dialog with "Retry", "Offline", and "Cancel". I chose "Offline" and it worked fine... And I have seen that dialog previously - but without the "Offline" choice. (I'm not home currently so I can't retry...)

Archived