Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

It's been a while since my last post - just spectating mostly. I've seen a lot of judgements passed and a lot of complaining along with some really good stuff.

I don't mind reading through the complaints - there are some good arguments presented. It is the arrogance and ignorance that I glance over and could care less about. Passing judgement on TFP is not going to make the release come quicker and neither is complaining about the length of the wait. Those are boring posts lacking content therefore a waste of space. Make my bathroom break reading great again people! Use your brains and not your bad attitude to discuss the game and the elusive A17! I need another corny joke from Roland asap! :)

I think you're going to eat your cute little underwear on that. With the changes to AI and the buff system I think it's going to a whole new experience. Just being optimistic!

P.S. You are right that people will complain.

That's all I'm saying. We aren't getting a whole lot of "new" things, and I really don't see the casual player even really noticing much.

But again, that's not a bad thing, this has long been coming...

(sticky arrows are cool though)

Can we skip the stream event and get our A17 experimental as soon the knowns bugs are fixed? please!

If you want experimental after all the known bugs are fixed you will be waiting long after the stream event. Since there will still be known bugs during the stream event and there still will be known bugs when experimental is released you are getting the build way way sooner than you were expecting. ;)

If you want experimental after all the known bugs are fixed you will be waiting long after the stream event. Since there will still be known bugs during the stream event and there still will be known bugs when experimental is released you are getting the build way way sooner than you were expecting. ;)

ronald can we expect a video today or anything really ? this silence is killing us it s been 2 weeks since madmole video

ronald can we expect a video today or anything really ? this silence is killing us it s been 2 weeks since madmole video

I think they will put out a video when the glaring issues in the last video are resolved. While many are foaming at the mouth for glimpses of the new content, I believe they are trying to put their best foot forward (as best as you can get with an Alpha stage game) by not showcasing the same issues we all witnessed the first time around.

Or they enjoy screwing with you guys, take your pick which to believe! :p

So, can we have stream event and A17 experimental released in the same time / day ? :D

It will most likely be another two weeks before we get a video so you might as well relax. :)

I like to joke about it and chant Video but I know it's not coming any time soon.

@Guppycur,

any chance you'll get deployed to the Carolinas for Florence?

Pretty much 99% right now; I'm wrapping things up here and plan to be there probably Monday, assuming they still have roads. =)

Hopefully I get to work out of Charleston. Big fan of one of the restaurants there.

I think A18 you will start seeing some crazy stuff as we start expanding on the capabilities of the updated systems. More design and less tech.

Such as Bandits? Fishing? Fishing WITH Bandit!? cats and dogs living together? TFP getting sued and forced to release videos!? ;)

Will we ever see things like burning zombie setting wood blocks on fire? that might be interesting...

I'll have to side with the flashy underwear model on this. AI will make a difference but will be seen mostly as a bug fix for the running in circles bug. Only the zombies hitting support structures might be regarded as a new feature on its own.

The buff system is deep under the hood and I suspect that on the surface only the old buffs were converted to the new system and a few features already listed on page 1 use the new buffs, but without most players noticing the difference.

What will be noticed is the jeep, the arrows, the weapon mods and maybe the still unknown secret feature.

The secret feature has been in the game for a long time, but the chem trails made us forget.

There is also a command in the chem trails to "send 30 bucks to TFP". But someone in Area 51 made a spelling mistake and all the testers got the command "send 30 bugs to TFP". Hence the delay.

I’m a bit confused. Do you think TFP are adding all those systems to give all the credit to modders? For example, don’t you think they have planned some great content for the buff system they built themselves? Or is it just that you want to get it all finished by A17?

Archived