Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You can not run 7 Days to Die unless you are logged in to steam. Trust me I know i've accidentally done it several times so yes, if they wanted they could pull access to the game if they wanted to, but i do NOT know if Steam would have to block it from starting up. As of now you can not play SP unless you are logged into the steam client.

I have more than a few games that disappeared from my list when their EA failed. Dead Linger most notable for me.

I'm fairly certain that when I started my Day 25 of Ravenhearst 4.3 this afternoon, with Steam not 'open', I got a dialog with "Retry", "Offline", and "Cancel". I chose "Offline" and it worked fine... And I have seen that dialog previously - but without the "Offline" choice. (I'm not home currently so I can't retry...)

I have read the post - wow, I am sorry if I offended anyone in here. I am a person to question the obvious when things look bad. Communication is the key and when the communication stops - there is an underlying reason. I love this game as much as the next player. How long do we have to wait for a promise for a product we "ALL" purchased? I do believe one year is excessive to wait but that is my opinion. In my opinion - if you buy a product and have a group of peers - asking questions should not be offensive - unless there is something to hide.

@roland sorry I caused so much anger and confusion. That was not my intent.

Or could it be possible that you worded the questions in an offensive way?

Is it also possible you don't know how much effort has been put into A17?

Or could it be possible that you worded the questions in an offensive way?

Is it also possible you don't know how much effort has been put into A17?

No, I am very comfortable with what I stated - views and opinions can be defined/interpreted differently. But the end goal should be the same. And the question now is "WHY".

I have read the post - wow, I am sorry if I offended anyone in here. I am a person to question the obvious when things look bad. Communication is the key and when the communication stops - there is an underlying reason. I love this game as much as the next player. How long do we have to wait for a promise for a product we "ALL" purchased? I do believe one year is excessive to wait but that is my opinion. In my opinion - if you buy a product and have a group of peers - asking questions should not be offensive - unless there is something to hide.

@roland sorry I caused so much anger and confusion. That was not my intent.

Mate, if you mean when 7DTD is release to public in full and not alpha/beta version. it is not 1 yr wait, it is 5 yrs wait and I won't give a number but still take few years from how they are developing and how much effort they are putting. But if you mean another milestone release for what we call a17, it is still at least a month away, less likely it will be sooner, and more likely it might delay further. it is still work in progress. So, just enjoy technical discuss in this thread and move on :). I see some non fun pimp staff has good ideas and it is good read to see what is possible and what is not with game.

Glad to hear something being done about that, but we won't be able to step in the house, clear the first room, put a bedroll down, and just walk through the rest of the house though, right?

Not if it only keeps cleared sleeper volumes cleared. If the sleeper volume doesn't have a flag set to cleared the bedrolls would have no effects (for example).

Mate, if you mean when 7DTD is release to public in full and not alpha/beta version. it is not 1 yr wait, it is 5 yrs wait and I won't give a number but still take few years from how they are developing and how much effort they are putting. But if you mean another milestone release for what we call a17, it is still at least a month away, less likely it will be sooner, and more likely it might delay further. it is still work in progress. So, just enjoy technical discuss in this thread and move on :). I see some non fun pimp staff has good ideas and it is good read to see what is possible and what is not with game.

Interaction and conversations are always positive.

No, I am very comfortable with what I stated - views and opinions can be defined/interpreted differently. But the end goal should be the same. And the question now is "WHY".

Most people who offend, are perfectly comfortable in doing so. More importantly you ignore the fact you simply don't know how hard TFP were working. You could be right, but any opinion could be right. So you make conjectures on what TFP are doing.

Yes, "WHY" is indeed the question.

1.5 Million copies.. Let's say sold at $15.00 per game. That is $22,500,000.00 gross revenue. 22 Million for a very limited staff is a Great salary, at 10 people employed for around 100K a year the business is paying out 1 million a year. I just want the players and readers to understand that for the same money a blockbuster movie can be created. 5 Years for making this game, the funds are there - the players are there - but the updates and promises are broken. So - are the Fun Pimp staff on a salary, commission, performanced based or on the milking the cow/players for as long as they can. I hate to be the bad guy - breaking bad news. I would like to see a FINANCIAL STATEMENT released for 7DaysToDie before the game update is released. 7DaysToDie is a great game and an awesome concept - but when money is involved - the vision, integrity and loyalty is lost. As I stated before, "Why did they start saying THE OWNERS (Now we know of 2) wanted to delay the release of the game. I have never heard the phrase "The Fun Pimps" as a company wanted to delay the game update release. I look beyond the trash, dust and smoke. Follow the money trail my friends - reduced money flow = reduced productivity....... "I will enjoy my ban for speaking my mind". Paul

Did you count those that got gifted free keys for the game. Did you include those who paid $10 when game was on special. Did you include those whom scored free keys thru the "owners" aka madmole and the fun pimp in their vids....

Have they made a profit maybe. Have they more money then this game required ..... maybe. But what company that dont make a profit survives their first game or even gets to release their first game.

4 yrs this game has been developed over. Costs are high staff. Out of business expenses like the mocap stuff etc. Building revenue.

Madmole bought a 20 million dollar mansion so he and the staff could have enough room to develop then there is roland whom demanded a 5 million dollar pay check to sit on a site and pick his nose.....

Madmole computer needed an upgrade so he spent 3.5 million on a noisy keyboard the best he could find.

He broke his toilet while shaving his beard off in a silly bet he did which he lost so he got a gold throne costing 7 million. See the money has been wisely invested...

Speaking of giving offense I know that some of you feel offended when the news goes out to twitter first. So here's a couple of A17 screenshots that:

A) Have nothing to do with lighting....at all

and

B) Are exclusive to these forums. Twitter followers will have to find their way here for a change...

This first one is a capture of an 8000x8000 random world I created using the world generator. The generator is still a WIP but you can see that it creates a square map. The seed is absolute truth but will be hidden. The only name that will show up for this map is "Roboco County". If someone puts Roboco County in for the seed it will not generate the same map.

World Generator

The second one is a capture of the New Game start menu where you can select the world you wish to play in and name your save. You can see Roboco County there in the window which means this is the map that will load. Navezgane is in the rotation as well as a couple other maps I've already created but not yet explored. You can have multiple different saved games using the same map.

New Game Start Menu

Easy question for you, Roland.

Do we still have the radiation biome at the edge of the map beyond that square?

It could be blocking blood moons, since they spawn at a fairly specific range and direction and if that code is checking the bedroll, then no zombies. I'm slowing getting to that code, since I think I will be the one maintaining it now. 100 blocks is far where zombie pathing is concerned. Was hoping to look at that stuff this week, but now I'm working on using offline player bedrolls and land claim blocks for disabling cleared sleeper volumes, which is a fair bit of code changes. Just part of the A17 process to make this stuff clean and working well.

Woah, did I read that right? Landclaim in A17 will block spawns? Just sleeper, or other types as well? Or not at all?

I want to get that clear before we have another era of insanity on that front. :)

hmmm interesting thanks roland

comments

paths / roads seem much straighter

cities seem more circular

biomes more, whats the word, condensed? stratified? cold north, temperate middle, dry south. works for northern hemisphere but up the jacksie down south. ask the aussies - its all dessert there. and snakes. and crocs. and bitey ants. and bitey octopus. and bitey dogs. and bitey spiders. crocs and snakes are famous for biting btw...

wtf is the purple?

why burnt in green area and not snow or dessert?

i must be really slow as i cant recall, or dont recall recognising, burnt areas in green biomes.

play quite a bit too...

btw people quote their hours playing. where do you find that out?

never mind - found it. 766 hours apparently. =20 weeks at work. could have earned 40K plus if that was on wages.

hang on. salary.

bonus 40 K

:-)

why burnt in green area and not snow or dessert?

i must be really slow as i cant recall, or dont recall recognising, burnt areas in green biomes.

play quite a bit too...

Hmm, I don't see wasteland areas... sure hope thats not the dark yellow surrounding large cities

I know water stops a bloodmoon spawn in a16, have tested this accross many servers, but that's been reported and reproduced. We have our players build 200 blocks from any water, but this is an interesting thing we haven't tried, The bedroll having an impact.

Mite have to do some testing with that one. We always assumed it was players having their base to close to the water, as in the spawn points being around 80 or so blocks away from a player on bloodmoon, if that happened to land in water, no zombies would spawn for horde night. Much testing on our server for that issue, but the idea of a bedroll also stopping bloodmoon spawn is something Ill be testing for sure.

Is a16 its very easy. Zeds (even gps zeds) will not see you beyond 100 blocks. So if you make spawn protection 100 blocks, even if they spawn, they wont be comming for you as you are "not there".

Cheers

Archived