Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

You could always just not wear the shoe "armor" part of the set and you would achieve the look you are seeking.

My main question about armor is how do the parts work

Is it 5 parts? 

3??? 

2?????

I hope it's 5 but from the concept art showed 

Hat, Gloves, outfit, boots

15 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

My main question about armor is how do the parts work

Is it 5 parts? 

3??? 

2?????

I hope it's 5 but from the concept art showed 

Hat, Gloves, outfit, boots

looking at it unless theyve combined the legs/torso into one its definitely 5, but of course i could be wrong and i believe the original concepts shown in the a19 or a20 stream i believe it was there was 5 parts and a completion bonus for having a full set.

18 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Apocalypse were trash is everywhere... oops nail in My foot, glass, sharp metal. Hot sand in the desert 

Navezgane looks pretty low populated. So i think sswamps, forests are clean enough. Plus.. if people manage to go barefoot in 1890 in London then... Nacvezgane would be even less problem

15 hours ago, Laz Man said:

You could always just not wear the shoe "armor" part of the set and you would achieve the look you are seeking.

If i remember good (ofc things could change) - armor system will be change. So if sets going to work like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R then such option to remove flip flops would be cool

On 2/10/2024 at 11:14 AM, Adam the Waster said:

New coyotes and pig.. . Still we're is the Hog?

20240210_131333.jpg

The new models are looking great. However my biggest issue with animals in general is their animation. What's that old saying? If you polish a turd, it's still a turd?

Point being they can make the most realistic looking animals ever, but if the animation is still janky, it'll still look like bad. I can't remember if it's ever been revealed whether they are planning on making improvements in that area, but I sure hope so.

Edited by Syphon583 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

So the new console version is called 7 Days to Die: Apocalypse Edition

Not the most exciting news but it's something new all the same

Also both it and 7 Days Bloodmoons will have demos at Pax East at the end of March

Added to unofficial forum! I'm interested to see bloodmoons but not excited 

6 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Also both it and 7 Days Bloodmoons will have demos at Pax East at the end of March

It's at Boston this year.  If any of you attend, I should be there to greet you... 😅

19 hours ago, Doomofman said:

They should finish one game before even annouce another game 

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

They should finish one game before even annouce another game 

Why?  The mobile game is being developed by another company.  They haven't announced their next game that they are developing themselves yet.  And even if they had, it would be a separate team working on it, so wouldn't really impact the development of this game.

The console version does impact this games development for PC to some extent, but that development kind of needs to go hand in hand with this.

11 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Why?  The mobile game is being developed by another company.  They haven't announced their next game that they are developing themselves yet.  And even if they had, it would be a separate team working on it, so wouldn't really impact the development of this game.

The console version does impact this games development for PC to some extent, but that development kind of needs to go hand in hand with this.

Because 7DTD is mostly known for... not being finished since 2013. When i ask people in other community medias like discord servers most people recognised as " release a in similiar period to minecraft and still in alpha" So it's not good from PR point of view. So it doesn't matter that will  be mobile game or another company. Matter that for public that 7dtd is still in alpha while they annoucement new game.

If they do like Deep rock galaxy devs then everything would be fine - just wait until 1.0

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

So you think the other company shouldn't tell anyone that they are making a game related to this one until this one is finished?  That isn't really an option.

People get hung up on it being in alpha for 10 years, but the game is much better than it would have been if they had released it 5 years ago or something like that.  People should be happy that there is still development for this game.

57 minutes ago, Riamus said:

So you think the other company shouldn't tell anyone that they are making a game related to this one until this one is finished?  That isn't really an option.

People get hung up on it being in alpha for 10 years, but the game is much better than it would have been if they had released it 5 years ago or something like that.  People should be happy that there is still development for this game.

At first shoudn't TFP even consider so option to make deal with another company to make another 7dtd game when even first game is not finish. 

7DTD was release in this same time as Minecraft. What is a diffrent ? Minecraft get full version while 7dtd don't.

Is it better - yes and... no. If you compare 2018 and new build - yeah. But you can do this with almost every  game ( except games like cod warzone when another update make game worst). So it's not reason is to be happy. 

If 7dtd was set be finished let's say during 2018

1. We would have bandits, learning by doing etc. in stable form. Yeah there would be chance for bigger overhaul ( COH2, Mount and blade with fire and sword) but low chances. So if you bought this game then you could expect it will be as you like not another update which will change things you like into things you don't ( for example weapons models)

2. If 7DTD was already finished - we would have much more big mods. Now it's a little bit pointless because well - another update will broke such mod so not worthy

3. it's  above 10 years - so many modders just don't care about 7dtd anymore because... how long will take until release and mod production time? check how long was made black mesa or some big skyrim mods.  @Riamus - people are not immortal and can't wait forever. 10 years is  +- 1/5 of human lifespan. 

3. Okay so let's say devs are not bored with voxel games - then they would finish their next game during this or next game. Then probably we would get 7dtd 2 - probably on new much more powerful engine. Imagine 7dtd but with 120 RG zombies in this same time. Would be cool right? 

4. Years ago this game was hyped - so if it was full release you could expect that will be stuff like with Minecraft or Fnaf. Would be nice to have like... 7DTD Poit brick set like Cod had Amazon.com: Mega Bloks Call of Duty Zombies TranZit Diner Building Set : Toys & Games

5. Probably 7dtd 2 would have much diffrent vibe that 7dtd 1. Why? because this is totaly normal things i will give few examples:

Age of empire 1 and 2 - realism but pretty "knight toys" because of technological limits. Age of empire 3 realism. Age of empire 4 cartoonish

Jax and dexter - cartoonish then realism.

cod - autentism into "light tone" like fortnite

So 7dtd 2 would be diffrent - maybe more like the last of us or days gone. Or would be cartoonish  like fortnite. Who knows yet... already we would know. Because there won't be 7DTD 2 for sure. Reason is simple - Devs are humans not "eternal" company like Activision which will be release cod when people who played in cod 1 during release will be gone. So - i no chances that devs will be making 7dtd 2 in 2040

So as you see - there is many reasons why there is no reason to be happy about it

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

More time has been spent in development than what will be spend in the future.

Hell, I love every second. And it gets better, always. The Pimps proved that many times (...well, aside from A17..)

Look at us now, 10 years ? What an era to be part of and can`t wait for much more after gold. 

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

5. Probably 7dtd 2 would have much diffrent vibe that 7dtd 1. Why? because this is totaly normal things i will give few examples:

7d2d 2 would be exactly what we get now, because the devs would have developed in the same direction they have done now. For example they were not too happy with lbd. So after releasing something looking like A15 or A16 they would have made the same changes and added a perk system, improved everything and landed almost exactly where they are now.

There would be two differences: 1) There would have been a stable game in say 2018/19, and more stable mods for that, correct. If bandits were included they would be rather disappointing zombies in bandit skins (just like they were in a few mods that had enabled them). Or they would have been postponed to 7D2D 2.

And 2) we would be about a year behind now because polishing for release and after release would have taken nearly a year.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

At first shoudn't TFP even consider so option to make deal with another company to make another 7dtd game when even first game is not finish. 

And, again, why?  I'm sure they get money from letting the other company develop a game related to this one and they don't have to do much of anything.  Sounds like a smart move to me.  It doesn't matter if this game is released or not.

Comparing this game and Minecraft makes little sense. Other than being voxel games, there isn't much similarity.  Minecraft is basically a kid game with limited real options besides building - what there is available is not great, while this game is focused on adults and so needs to have more flagged out features, would, abilities, etc.  Which it does, regardless whether or not people like a given feature.

Considering you can play almost any version, if you want to play an older version, you have pretty much what it would have been had that been the gold release.  Just less optimization, but otherwise close to the same.  But because they kept working on it, we have a better game overall.  Yes, some people want certain things that were scrapped, but that doesn't mean the older versions were better.  It only means some people liked certain things better.  Others like the newer things better.  Look at all the games that went good from early access before they were ready and how bad the reviews are for them because of it.  This game didn't do that, for which I hate grateful.  Not to mention the improvements to graphics and art in the game that wouldn't have happened of it went gold years ago.

I am not saying 10 years isn't a long time.  However, there are a lot of games that take well over 5 years of development time to complete.  You just don't notice because most aren't publicly available during that time.

Either way, I wasn't arguing that the development of this game wasn't slow or that things couldn't be better.  I was staying only that there isn't anything wrong with some other company being allowed to create a game related to this one before this goes gold.  Besides, if they had said this was gold 5 or whatever years ago and kept adding patches and updates, which would still break mods, and you would have basically the same situation we have today.  The game would just be 1.xxx instead of alpha xxx.  Or they would have stopped development entirely and we would be worse off for it.