Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

I think it's simply work they would like to do but isn't prioritized. If their model-makers can make and rig additional zombies than they can use the same time to make and rig new content, i.e. bandits or more NPCs. TFP's resources aren't unlimited, so the new content takes precedence.

34 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

I think it's simply work they would like to do but isn't prioritized. If their model-makers can make and rig additional zombies than they can use the same time to make and rig new content, i.e. bandits or more NPCs. TFP's resources aren't unlimited, so the new content takes precedence.

We lost the cheerleader, football player and another (the farmer?)

When are y'all actually going to spend time optimizing this game to operate smoothly? It lags constantly during horde nights and it seems like all you are doing is reworking mechanics or making the game more difficult by taking away actual ways we could work toward self sustaining like farm animals or filtering water from lakes.

This game has been in alpha for over 10 years now. Like.....how? HOW?!?!?!?! I do not get how you can just constantly say your game is in alpha and never release the game to production. There are live service games out there and that's basically what you are doing with this game, but taking a cop out to not optimize it keeping it in alpha. 

4 minutes ago, BADxW0LF said:

When are y'all actually going to spend time optimizing this game to operate smoothly? It lags constantly during horde nights and it seems like all you are doing is reworking mechanics or making the game more difficult by taking away actual ways we could work toward self sustaining like farm animals or filtering water from lakes.

This game has been in alpha for over 10 years now. Like.....how? HOW?!?!?!?! I do not get how you can just constantly say your game is in alpha and never release the game to production. There are live service games out there and that's basically what you are doing with this game, but taking a cop out to not optimize it keeping it in alpha. 

This alpha should help out with optimization

2 hours ago, BADxW0LF said:

If you want a finished game DO NOT BUY EARLY ACCESS GAMES. 
it is perfectly fine to want a finished game, it is perfectly fine to have your own wants & needs. Buying a game that is clearly stated as not finished/complete and complaining that it’s not finished or complete is not fine.

yeah with the new pois coming you would think having those cut zombies would make sense to have a reappearance i.e im not too sure why the frigid hunter or the frozen female lumberjack were removed and just the ordinary lumberjack is the main wilderness spawn, as stated above the farmer zombie being removed as there are plenty of farm related pois now theres more schools and what not so it'd make sense to have those spawns around there and the cowboys in the old west which were also removed.

2 minutes ago, Callum123456789 said:

yeah with the new pois coming you would think having those cut zombies would make sense to have a reappearance i.e im not too sure why the frigid hunter or the frozen female lumberjack were removed and just the ordinary lumberjack is the main wilderness spawn, as stated above the farmer zombie being removed as there are plenty of farm related pois now theres more schools and what not so it'd make sense to have those spawns around there and the cowboys in the old west which were also removed.

Cheerleader and football player doesn't really fit in with many areas 

I miss the frozen hunter and worker I do wish he had some kinda of frozen zombie. Kinda like the burnt zombie but.... frozen and harden

I do think a hunter would fit in. With the classic look of a orange coat and camo. 

But farmers could have fit in and would also be like the cowboy. Fit the same roll

16 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

and the frozen women in the snow biome.

and zombie with... let's say not enough clothes 🤣

11 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Cheerleader and football player doesn't really fit in with many areas 

I miss the frozen hunter and worker I do wish he had some kinda of frozen zombie. Kinda like the burnt zombie but.... frozen and harden

I do think a hunter would fit in. With the classic look of a orange coat and camo. 

But farmers could have fit in and would also be like the cowboy. Fit the same roll

Well... i think cheeleader could be replaced with "sport girl"

image.png.52635fb79b8f2baef5e8f683687c7d31.png

On 2/18/2024 at 3:18 AM, FranticDan said:

Plains biome got removed in A17 if I recall. We even used to have two different forest biomes.

Please link me to a mod that adds new biomes to the game.

There is that one mod that adds wetlands/swamps to the game with new pois to go with them but that's the only one I know of 

The game is intended to represent Arizona, so I can understand why a swamp biome doesn't make the final cut- but that said, as someone that lives in the wetlands- Knobby cypress knees, tangle-y vegetation, and 'gators.. All of this would be so very welcome in an apocalyptic nightmare. (...Maybe as a DLC.)

3 hours ago, Mister Forgash said:

The game is intended to represent Arizona, so I can understand why a swamp biome doesn't make the final cut- but that said, as someone that lives in the wetlands- Knobby cypress knees, tangle-y vegetation, and 'gators.. All of this would be so very welcome in an apocalyptic nightmare. (...Maybe as a DLC.)

Unless it was a man-made mash aka just a flooded forest a poormans swamp, it wouldn't make sense.  Too be in Arizona 

But dlc would be kinda neet

12 hours ago, Mister Forgash said:

Navezgane is supposed to be based in Arizona, RWG could be anywhere. a swamp biome is very appropiate for a zombie based game in my opinion

1 hour ago, Callum123456789 said:

tbf all im gonna say is who cares about the real world arizona's enviornment? more environments is probs for the better with 7 days im in agreeance with goldenfox

In the post-apo version of Arizona, climate change might go quite nuclear... I wouldn`t have anything against more variable environments like marshes, swamps, open green plains, and so on. New RWGs might also represent the climate of the entire US... why limit yourself only to Arizona aka Navezgane state?

13 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Unless it was a man-made mash aka just a flooded forest a poormans swamp, it wouldn't make sense.  Too be in Arizona 

The web tells me there are 33 swamps in AZ. I don't know any of them personally. Perhaps all/some/many are man-made and the pictures don't necessarily give me a creepy remote bayou feel, but maybe there's enough to say "sure, let's do a swamp biome" ... ?