Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

13 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

This looks awesome.

It looks terrible and disgusting.If I want to play horror, I will go to Rezident Evil.
"TITLE: 7 Days to Die GENRE: Action, Adventure Games, Indie, Role-playing Games, Simulators, Strategies, Early Access DEVELOPER: The Fun Pimps PUBLISHER: The Fun Pimps Entertainment LLC RELEASE DATE: 13 Dec. 2013"
Show me the word horror?I don't see him!Instead of making HD models of old zombies and adding variety, you draw some kind of ugliness!

Edited by mstdv inc (see edit history)

Hello there 

I play the game since A15 i guess. Had so much fun during the time, exploring the navezgane map, playing with friend. Building our own big base on the corn field and stuff. Recently got back for A19.5 and the game took me over again. Still great and i like the changes.

About the new Z. I like it ! And i would like to see the spider getting more love in this way. Maybe some freaky spider like eyes so when you see it you will get an instant heart attack. Everytime I see the spider in game i have in mind the mutated zombie from resident evil. With the long tongue and visible brain.

I would like to see in this game some secret lab, underground, ultimate T6 Poi, where in the past scientist made experiment's on the already turned humans to zombies. It could open a path for some more special Zeds like this one. Mutated and all

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

Hi, developers, hello everybody! I came again.

I'm sorry, although I have been looking at the BBS, but I always don't comment what.

This time, I have a few questions.

1 - through the first page of A20 update content list, I perceive that seems A20 is almost finished, don't know if I guess right?

2 - the new version of the anchor test permissions when open? Where is the query and apply for? (here is to apply for?

3 - is there any update time, accurate to month?

Chinese players have muscled, eager to see the A20! Our changes of unmanned aerial vehicle (uav) and auto show great interest.

In addition, also some people want me to help me ask the development team, the new development of the game is what kind of? Will also survive, building, sand box class?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The following is the original in Chinese

嗨,开发者,各位好!我又来了。

抱歉的是,虽然我一直在关注着论坛,但我总是不发表什么评论。

这一次,我带来了几个问题。

1-通过第一页的A20更新内容列表中,我察觉到,似乎A20快要完工了,不知道我的猜测对不对?

2-新版本的主播测试权限什么时候开放?在哪里查询和申请?(是在这里申请吗?)

3-有没有精确到月份的更新时间?

中国玩家们已经摩拳擦掌,迫不及待的想看到A20了!我们对无人机和汽车的改动表示出极大的兴趣。

另外,也有人想让我帮忙问一下开发组,新开发的游戏是什么类型的呢?会不会也是生存,建造,沙盒类的?

=====================================

1 hour ago, bilibili-wayne said:

Hi, developers, hello everybody! I came again.

I'm sorry, although I have been looking at the BBS, but I always don't comment what.

This time, I have a few questions.

1 - through the first page of A20 update content list, I perceive that seems A20 is almost finished, don't know if I guess right?

2 - the new version of the anchor test permissions when open? Where is the query and apply for? (here is to apply for?

3 - is there any update time, accurate to month?

Chinese players have muscled, eager to see the A20! Our changes of unmanned aerial vehicle (uav) and auto show great interest.

In addition, also some people want me to help me ask the development team, the new development of the game is what kind of? Will also survive, building, sand box class?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The following is the original in Chinese

嗨,开发者,各位好!我又来了。

抱歉的是,虽然我一直在关注着论坛,但我总是不发表什么评论。

这一次,我带来了几个问题。

1-通过第一页的A20更新内容列表中,我察觉到,似乎A20快要完工了,不知道我的猜测对不对?

2-新版本的主播测试权限什么时候开放?在哪里查询和申请?(是在这里申请吗?)

3-有没有精确到月份的更新时间?

中国玩家们已经摩拳擦掌,迫不及待的想看到A20了!我们对无人机和汽车的改动表示出极大的兴趣。

另外,也有人想让我帮忙问一下开发组,新开发的游戏是什么类型的呢?会不会也是生存,建造,沙盒类的?

=====================================

glad for your excitement and for others there with you.

a20 almost finished... uh no.. lots to do, we are just getting closer tho.

when it is ready it will be posted here on our forum , probably in twitter and facebook.

no dates (been that way for a long time and not changing) closest thing is soon or the old ... never mind i wont say it :)

next game(s) top secret and heavily guarded (our own artists dont know what they are creating) the best surprise is the one kept secret until its time to spill the beans. :)

sorry... but keep the hype going

3 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

glad for your excitement and for others there with you.

a20 almost finished... uh no.. lots to do, we are just getting closer tho.

when it is ready it will be posted here on our forum , probably in twitter and facebook.

no dates (been that way for a long time and not changing) closest thing is soon or the old ... never mind i wont say it :)

next game(s) top secret and heavily guarded (our own artists dont know what they are creating) the best surprise is the one kept secret until its time to spill the beans. :)

sorry... but keep the hype going

Thank you very much your answer!

If I didn't calculate correctly, when you see my question in, should already is late into the night. And here it is morning in China! But even in the middle of the night to receive your reply, I, as 7 d2d players think it is really very important! I'd like to, on behalf of the Chinese players thank you didn't give up any one player! At the same time, we are willing to play can be better and better, bring us more surprise!

Sincerely hope that developers healthy body, the work is smooth!

I may have missed if this has been brought up and responded to previously, but are you planning on revisiting the set bonus for the Shotgun Messiah magazine series with the removal of downgrading blocks? Being able to inadvertently drop a poi on your own head while fighting sleepers thanks to stray pellets seems less like a bonus and more like a liability. Having someone else willfully do so out of spiteful glee on a pve server is also something that should be considered.

1 hour ago, DarlingCows said:

@TFP what percent would you say if the RNG map generation update is done (sort of remember it being mentioned it was taking awhile). I kinda just what a feel of weather A20 will be done in summer or after 

It will be done when it's done.

2 hours ago, DarlingCows said:

@TFP what percent would you say if the RNG map generation update is done (sort of remember it being mentioned it was taking awhile). I kinda just what a feel of weather A20 will be done in summer or after 

RWG code changes are maybe 75% done, but there is a lot of designer content being worked on that goes with those changes.

1 hour ago, faatal said:

RWG code changes are maybe 75% done, but there is a lot of designer content being worked on that goes with those changes.

I expected RWG not to be fully finished in a20 because new POIs are constantly being added, so I guess it's a constant WIP until gold, isn't it?

BTW, I know this question might sound too sexy to handle, but have you engaged in one meter holes lately?

I mean, with all the art team in the frying pan, do you plan on tackle stuff like wandering sleepers and/or water in or during a20? I know you are always needed for shaders, AI, optimizations and the like, but I was quite impressed that you were talking about point 18 of the feature list like it was nothing when it actually takes some "hard workers" to get it done, as Jen would say.

On 6/30/2021 at 3:29 PM, Blake_ said:

I expected RWG not to be fully finished in a20 because new POIs are constantly being added, so I guess it's a constant WIP until gold, isn't it?

BTW, I know this question might sound too sexy to handle, but have you engaged in one meter holes lately?

I mean, with all the art team in the frying pan, do you plan on tackle stuff like wandering sleepers and/or water in or during a20? I know you are always needed for shaders, AI, optimizations and the like, but I was quite impressed that you were talking about point 18 of the feature list like it was nothing when it actually takes some "hard workers" to get it done, as Jen would say.

Yes.

No other changes for 1m are planned for A20 apart from bug fixes like AI often attacking while crawling. Wandering sleepers probably not A20. Water not A20. Mostly been fixing bugs, so they don't all get stacked up at the end of A20.

On 6/30/2021 at 7:07 PM, Games'n'Grumble said:

Hello, @faatal, I wonder if you know something about the update/complication of biomes? For example, the wasteland will be filled with radiation, apparently, but what about the snow biome and the desert - will there be snowstorms and sandstorms, through which nothing can be seen?

The weather simulation has been improved for A20. Weather changes more often, for shorter duration and with a more controlled randomness. Stronger fog can happen. Wind speed should change the now variable tree and grass movement, but that has not been done yet.

Edited by faatal (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Ooh, nice.  Ya'll using windzones, shader trickery or what?

There is a global wind zone that the speedtree shaders use. Grass used a constant shader value, but now a global shader variable. Weather will be changing the value now, once I get to it.

58 minutes ago, faatal said:

Yes.

No other changes for 1m are planned for A20 apart from bug fixes like AI often attacking while crawling. Wandering sleepers probably not A20. Water not A20. Mostly been fixing bugs, so they don't all get stacked up at the end of A20.

The weather simulation has been improved for A20. Weather changes more often, for shorter duration and with a more controlled randomness. Stronger fog can happen. Wind speed should change the now variable tree and grass movement, but that has not been done yet.

well good luck with weather , this sound so good ^^ niceeeee!!