Alpha 20 Dev Diary

Burnt zombie is well made, but as stated, looks more like something you would see in an Elder Scrolls game or something. If it were still burning that brightly it would fall apart if it took a hit or tried to hit you. Lol.

I think a super charred, black, crispy looking zed with a little smoke coming off of him would look better. Maybe have a tiny bit of embers on his hands to sell it when he sets you on fire. :)

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Kirill_226RUS said:

@faatal, does 7 Days To Die support Nvidia's MFAA anti-aliasing, and does it have any effect in terms of fps and anti-aliasing quality?

Probably no. We support what Unity supports in the built in rendering pipeline except for TAA. Maybe someday for TAA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Survager said:

I really hope that this zombie in ALPHA 20 will get immunity from being ignited by melee weapons and from Molotov cocktails.
It looks very strange that this zombie is taking fire damage. 🤨
Bleeding for this zombie also looks inappropriate )

yeah i like this thinking

Edited by NukemDed
wet phone in spa sent twice somehow. (see edit history)

Have you guys made progress towards more customization freedom for the characters we play? Like adjusting some body parts in particular, not a generic weight and muscle slider. Just like how we had in Alpha 13!

13 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Burnt zombie is well made, but as stated, looks more like something you would see in an Elder Scrolls game or something. If it were still burning that brightly it would fall apart if it took a hit or tried to hit you. Lol.

I think a super charred, black, crispy looking zed with a little smoke coming off of him would look better. Maybe have a tiny bit of embers on his hands to sell it when he sets you on fire. :)

yeah it is look to much like something from skryrim or dragon age

Burnt zombie depends on how you’re role playing the game personally. For me I imagine the forest is still on fire in places and I do know that some coals and wood can continue to remain hot and in that sort of glowy red for several days.

on the other hand say it’s been several years after the fire has finished then yea he would just look charcoally. But then again the forest wouldn’t be still smoking  

Edited by DarlingCows (see edit history)
3 hours ago, TheSponyX said:

Have you guys made progress towards more customization freedom for the characters we play? Like adjusting some body parts in particular, not a generic weight and muscle slider. Just like how we had in Alpha 13!

Madmole mentioned how he would love to have a custom person creator system, but the amount of work to do it justice doesn't align up with their goal of final release.  Right now, it doesn't look like they are planning on expanding on the options we have today.

10 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Madmole mentioned how he would love to have a custom person creator system, but the amount of work to do it justice doesn't align up with their goal of final release.  Right now, it doesn't look like they are planning on expanding on the options we have today.

Well i hope it will be in A21

On 6/10/2021 at 5:41 AM, Adam the Waster said:

*sniffs*

you smell bacon?

it is not clear only why it glows from the inside. is he a demon or a lava golem or is he still on fire? I think he must just be burnt like a coal in some places

They won't all be glowing and on fire. The original one that was shown a few months back is the regular burnt zombie, the glowing one is a higher tier and the ignited one is highest. It sort of aligns with normal -> Feral -> irradiated.

I've played with the normal ones and although they are the weakest of the three, they are super creepy and hard to see in the dark. I've experienced more jump scares from them than any other zombie because in dark interiors they are easy to miss skeletal creepy nightmares. These new guys will be tougher to kill but hard to miss seeing in the dark.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
54 minutes ago, Roland said:

They won't all be glowing and on fire. The original one that was shown a few months back is the regular burnt zombie, the glowing one is a higher tier and the ignited one is highest. It sort of aligns with normal -> Feral -> irradiated.

I've played with the normal ones and although they are the weakest of the three, they are super creepy and hard to see in the dark. I've experienced more jump scares from them than any other zombie because in dark interiors they are easy to miss skeletal creepy nightmares. These new guys will be tougher to kill but hard to miss seeing in the dark.

That makes a bit more sense then. Thanks for the clarification. :)

I like the idea of them being ninjas in the dark. Lol.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

okay, I am liking it more

The layout of the Towns/Cities(?) is very good news!  Making things seem more logical is a huge step forward!

Thanks guys for continuing the great endeavor that is 7D2D!! 

(Looking forward to New York City 7D2D Part 2, or any random big city for that matter!  It looks like you guys are building the foundations for it.

Or am I wrong?)

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)
1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

The layout of the Towns/Cities(?) is very good news!  Making things seem more logical is a huge step forward!

Thanks guys for continuing the great endeavor that is 7D2D!! 

(Looking forward to New York City 7D2D Part 2, or any random big city for that matter!  It looks like you guys are building the foundations for it.

Or am I wrong?)

Where did they mention anything about city/town layouts? I would like to see for myself. :)