Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

On 6/14/2021 at 8:28 PM, samljer said:

I have a question

Would it be possible to add a check box in the prefab creator so we can save our own custom prefabs

in a way that would allow them to be used in random generated maps?

Having to go in, and purposely drop them in my maps feels cheaty for 2 reasons

1) I can put it where-ever I want, i know where its location is; kills the random gen mystery

2) map editing a game im playing or about to play. Ill be able to see the locations of everything else too while im looking

to put in my prefab.

My thought is this:

- create prefab

- check box in prefab editor that reads something like [ ] Allow prefab in random maps

- fill in a few boxes and drops downs "prefab type" and "chance to spawn" and maybe "biome selection IE: all, winter, wasteland, etc"

- then check box in "new game" when making a new random map  [ ] Use custom prefabs in this map

(optional?) and maybe. just maybe a box "[ ] this prefab is a trader"

- if it fits critera like, having the trader NPC it can spawn replacing one of the defaults.

You can make a modlet to add the prefab to random gen with alpha 19. No need to add them by hand. Ah... I recall now that the problem is that modlets aren't loaded at the time the world is generated. I seem to recall some change in that regard, though.

Edited by dcsobral (see edit history)

Probably been asked before but have you considered tinting on the zombies ? For instance the new burnt zombie minus fire and with the reds/yellows tinted to blue/white would make a great frost bite zombie for the snow biome. leathery brown and its a withered corpse in the desert.

Another way to create variation would be to have some zombies spawn with pre existing damage. missing limbs etc or as crawlers.

Could or is zombie awareness able to be variable in the different types?  

Thanks for making this awesome game btw

Hello my name is Killian and I am French.
I love 7 Days To Die and play it a lot. You said you had a lot to do on your list and that it would take time, you seem like you have a lot of plans and I love it.
As a seasoned gamer I'll make a list of the boring things in the game:
- The houses are almost the same.
- Zombies are almost the same despite the additions
- If possible put back a system of knowledge, this would consist in each time that one reads a book one gains a point of level which can be used to increase its force against the dead or the living of 2% for example
- Being able to choose a class in quotes as a farmer, in this case we start with seeds while the hunter starts with arrows and meat ...
- Add a split screen from 2 to 4 on the PC versions if possible

There may be mistakes because I am French. And I thank very much the creators of 7 Days To Die who do a lot.
1 minute ago, Killian YG said:

Hello my name is Killian and I am French.
I love 7 Days To Die and play it a lot. You said you had a lot to do on your list and that it would take time, you seem like you have a lot of plans and I love it.
As a seasoned gamer I'll make a list of the boring things in the game:
- The houses are almost the same.
- Zombies are almost the same despite the additions
- If possible put back a system of knowledge, this would consist in each time that one reads a book one gains a point of level which can be used to increase its force against the dead or the living of 2% for example
- Being able to choose a class in quotes as a farmer, in this case we start with seeds while the hunter starts with arrows and meat ...
- Add a split screen from 2 to 4 on the PC versions if possible

There may be mistakes because I am French. And I thank very much the creators of 7 Days To Die who do a lot.

❤️

I just saw the stream of Prime and Madmole talking about the quest  Restoring power to the gas station. It's nice to see a change from all the fetch quest but why restore power? 

What would that do? Open a treasure vault?  A workshop? Setting up a colony? 

I think it's good but not a very good end goal. 

On 6/11/2021 at 3:42 PM, Star69 said:

@Fatal……any thoughts  about including the ability to utilize the resizable bar for those graphics cards/cpu’s that can take advantage of it for 7 days? 

We have no control over that. Unity would have to support it.

On 6/12/2021 at 4:19 PM, wicketness said:

Being the noob that i am and always will be. Is it possible or planned to have cars differ in speed in anyway shape or form?

I know there are mods for this. BUT i am a noob lol i am asking if there is a way to make it easier for server owners to increase speed of cars beyond what is possible atm.

I know there is concerns of lag and falling through the world or the jitter bugs as i have seen this in the past.

However, If you have the right hardware, Network speed and player side is also good enough to match the host,

you can get some pretty insane speed going with out issues.

Will it be possible to have cars adjustable server side knowing the risk of possible issues?

I mean i wanna go from driving miss daisy to Fast and Furious off a mountain just to see how far i can jump before i die, packing 3 other screaming players along with me as i drive us to our deaths.

I just wanna be able to edit this like i do for weapon damage in xmls.

I dream of one day again having a race for my gaming group.

You can change it in vehicles.xml.

<property name="velocityMax" value="9, 14"/>    (normal, turbo)

<property name="motorTorqueMinQ" value="5000"/>  (was for quality levels, but we just have 1 quality now)
<property name="motorTorqueMaxQ" value="5000"/>

On 6/14/2021 at 8:23 AM, ad65309445 said:

@ faatal

The question I think about is when the food model can correspond to the type of food, rather than always a piece of meat.

And I like wet  concrete, which means you can’t repair buildings in battle.

And I think Fixture -> Concrete -> Steel will not be too troublesome.

Not what I work on. Art and design will do what they think best and have time for.

On 6/14/2021 at 8:57 AM, Games&#x27;n&#x27;Grumble said:

Hi @faatal ! Is there anything known about how often different types of zombies will appear in the world? For example, I am glad that the zombie lumberjack will appear not only in the snow biome. What about, for example, a football player and a cheerleader? Earlier, @madmole said that they will be removed from the game, because their appearance is only possible at school or at the stadium. But maybe devs will change the models and make them more possible? BigMama appears only inside buildings, the farmer can rarely be found in the world etc... so many players think that there are too few zombies in the game, although there are about 25 types. This is a lot! So you could just equalize the chances of appearing in the world. Can we hope for that? 🙂

Football player and cheerleader are gone.

You can hope. Tweaking will happen right up until gold and after.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:11 AM, Jost Amman said:

@The Dev who's Working on the Drone:

someone posted these interesting questions on Steam... :nerd:

question 1. what can the drone do once you have built one?
question 2. can you build more than one drone?
question 3. can you have more than one drone follow you
question 4. what is its function?
question 5. how long does his battery last and how can you recharge it?
question 6. how do the zombies react to the drone when it is shooting zombies? or how they generally react when they see the drone?
question 7. does the drone have mods? if so how many and which mods
question 8. does the drone have built-in or mod cammera with which you can use the drone to explore the environment

I don't think he uses the forums.

1 Follow you around

2 Maybe no

3 No if 2 is no

4 Carry stuff. Maybe heal. Don't know if that is staying

5 No battery, so it must be nuclear

6 They do not care about each other

7 Yes. Don't know

8 No

On 6/14/2021 at 9:28 PM, samljer said:

Would it be possible to add a check box in the prefab creator so we can save our own custom prefabs

in a way that would allow them to be used in random generated maps?

We could add it, but features like, if we add them, will probably not come until near gold.

On 6/15/2021 at 5:57 AM, sillls said:
  • Wandering Sleepers?  How do you have a Wandering sleeper? Is it sleepwalking? 

Sure or whatever we want it to be doing while it is not out to kill you. Bandit sleepers may roam around too.

On 6/15/2021 at 6:57 AM, sillls said:

When are we going to see more friendly NPC's?  

Not in A20.

13 hours ago, SiNiCaL said:

Probably been asked before but have you considered tinting on the zombies ? For instance the new burnt zombie minus fire and with the reds/yellows tinted to blue/white would make a great frost bite zombie for the snow biome. leathery brown and its a withered corpse in the desert.

Another way to create variation would be to have some zombies spawn with pre existing damage. missing limbs etc or as crawlers.

Could or is zombie awareness able to be variable in the different types?  

Thanks for making this awesome game btw

We have considered it. There could be some variations, but not A20.

Seeing/hearing is in xml, but I think most zombies are the same.

8 hours ago, sillls said:

I just saw the stream of Prime and Madmole talking about the quest  Restoring power to the gas station. It's nice to see a change from all the fetch quest but why restore power? 

What would that do? Open a treasure vault?  A workshop? Setting up a colony? 

I think it's good but not a very good end goal. 

I don't think it is an end goal.

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

I knew about the velocityMax one but what does the motorTorqueMinQ one do?

Torque is engine power. Increases acceleration and would determine top speed.

47 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

I heard that something was being done about the looks on the dismemberment. 

Besides that, is there going to be a VFX rework (not necessarily just blood)? or the addition to blood splatter decals?

We have plans, but may not be a20.

Don't know.

Faatal is the strongest! While you are being so kind to answer about the drone, can you chime in on whether you have heard if the current iteration of the drone still takes up a turret spot or if it's affected by your Robotic perk line at all?

7 hours ago, Khalagar said:

Faatal is the strongest! While you are being so kind to answer about the drone, can you chime in on whether you have heard if the current iteration of the drone still takes up a turret spot or if it's affected by your Robotic perk line at all?

If its main feature is just more storage I really can't imagine it taking away a turret slot.

12 hours ago, faatal said:

Football player and cheerleader are gone.

You can hope. Tweaking will happen right up until gold and after.

Any further news on the cowboy? Will he be cut in A20 or a future alpha?

6 minutes ago, meganoth said:

If its main feature is just more storage I really can't imagine it taking away a turret slot.

Agreed. If this restriction was put in place and you wanted to min-max, I can see a fairly restrictive method of dungeon clearing coming into play. Player clears the zombies using their two robotic turrets / other weapons, makes it to the loot room, and deploys the drone before they can begin looting.

@faatal I assume we won't be able to pick up the drone once it has at least one item in its inventory, much like any vehicle. While the player is driving around at top speed however, how will the drone catch up? (Ex. increase in speed, teleportation, etc.)

15 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Any further news on the cowboy? Will he be cut in A20 or a future alpha?

I like the cowboy but damn does he look out of place in most areas.

I think they should replace him with a fur trapper/frontiersman, a guy in a racoon hat with a bear trap stuck on his leg and a busted up rifle on his back. Would work great for any place where animals live out in the wilderness, hunting shops or even shanty town.

1 minute ago, bloodmoth13 said:

I think they should replace him with a fur trapper/frontiersman, a guy in a racoon hat with a bear trap stuck on his leg and a busted up rifle on his back. Would work great for any place where animals live out in the wilderness, hunting shops or even shanty town.

But what about POIs?

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

But what about POIs?

carls corn, hunting shops... yeah maybe a bit limited, but lumberjack is kind of in the same boat there. It could be nice having some wilderness zombies that make sense in the wilderness, for instance its very jarring seeing a stripper, a nurse and a junkie when your in the middle of a forest, seeing some 'hunters' who died hunting coming after you would feel much more appropriate.

Currently going into the snow biome is jarring seeing a million lumberjacks running around, a fur trapper breaking up the monotomy with some other generic zeds would be great. Put him in furs, bear trap on the leg, some light mauling here and there and its perfect.

I agree with @SiNiCaL about reusing the burnt zombie assets for a frostbite zombie too. that would look amazing.

9 minutes ago, bloodmoth13 said:

And he should hold up a worn out sign: "Experience the Wild West. Wilderness Tours Inc. 8$ pp." 😉

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)