Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

2 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

I won't be surprised if next Monday

Is this sarcasm or did something happen over the weekend I missed?  I don't like watching streaming stuff, I've never understood the point of watching other people play games.

Just now, jdzane said:

Is this sarcasm or did something happen over the weekend I missed?  I don't like watching streaming stuff, I've never understood the point of watching other people play games.

First. Of course, I also did not watch a single stream. By the way, I think nothing happened this weekend, as expected, these "testers" did not find anything significant. 

5 hours ago, Roland said:

I actually have no power to make this happen...lol

@Gazz would have the best sense of how much xp would be too much and he would be the one most likely making that particular change if it got approved.

Yeah, but the problem is his MS Excel crashed, and now we're all screwed... :pout:

I hope it drops today so I can finally drown out the sound of my wife watching Hallmark Christmas movies.

And no, there's nothing else I could possibly do besides playing A20.

4 minutes ago, jdzane said:

I don't like watching streaming stuff, I've never understood the point of watching other people play games.

Same. As a child, my idea of hell was sitting on the couch watching my brother play nintendo and praying that he'd die so it would be my turn. I don't understand the allure of watching people play a game that I would rather be playing myself.

13 minutes ago, icedsun said:

Same. As a child, my idea of hell was sitting on the couch watching my brother play nintendo and praying that he'd die so it would be my turn. I don't understand the allure of watching people play a game that I would rather be playing myself.

Well because 90% just are not good enough in games- like get 30 kills without dying in cod or kill every boss in ds without taking dmg

6 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well because 90% just are not good enough in games- like get 30 kills without dying in cod or kill every boss in ds without taking dmg

I would probably never play a game as hardcore and difficult as escape from tarkov, but I sure as hell enjoy watching it

Does anyone know if anyone of the streamers this weekend have shown the setup/configuration of dedicated server on A20?  Specifically thinking about the random gen on a server.  The normal game random gen looks super streamlined now, but curious if it is all still controlled by a config file on dedicated server.

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

I won't be surprised if next Monday

LOL, I'm sorry if I sound like I'm mocking you, but I assure you, I'm not: I think your avatar is perfect; every time you write something I can see that rooster speaking exactly like that, and it fits perfectly with your general tone in your replies! :laugh:

12 minutes ago, overgoat said:

Does anyone know if anyone of the streamers this weekend have shown the setup/configuration of dedicated server on A20?  Specifically thinking about the random gen on a server.  The normal game random gen looks super streamlined now, but curious if it is all still controlled by a config file on dedicated server.

I'd imagine you would create the random gen you like in your game, as seen on the video, then use that Seed in your config file.

Video on time of RWG 

11 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

LOL, I'm sorry if I sound like I'm mocking you, but I assure you, I'm not: I think your avatar is perfect; every time you write something I can see that rooster speaking exactly like that, and it fits perfectly with your general tone in your replies! :laugh:

Thanks. This is my totem animal

I'm game to see how the new farming changes work out. I recognize TFP are making a game, not modelling reality.

Alas, sometimes I wonder if it might be more appealing to pick on other parts of the mechanic other than seeds. Isn't an ear of corn comprised of a whole bunch fertilized seed? Don't harvested potatoes have a bunch of buds? Why are seeds scarce when mother nature tries to make them abundant? It must be the fallout.

I wonder if the "gamey" part of the system would be better contained in screwing with the growth cycle. Maybe make the growth rate unpredictable because there has to be some number of sunny days and some amount of rain. (Tied to weather.) Maybe introduce a chance the growth fails due to disease and insects. Both would result in farmers having to build bigger farms to cope with demand for food and the various random chances.

I dunno. Just thinking and certainly interested to see how the currently implemented system turns out.

It's getting really hard to not look for some more info on a20. I try not to watch any a20 stream, any a20 video. On top of that i want to start the first time the new patch with my friend so I have to wait to the weekend or maybe next week (job etc)🥲

3 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

makes ya want to move to central us to be on fun pimps time doesnt it (texas is a big state)... hell they are just getting their coffee and beagles now..... :) oh and i am on CST

Coffee and Beagles, sounds like a chaotic start to a day. And like a lot of beagle chaos creating large amounts of mopping.

3 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

hell they are just getting their coffee and beagles now

that made me laugh so hard 😂

immediately had that picture in my mind, them all sitting around a decadently filled breakfast table, after having worked all the weekend to polish the game for us...

and then:

"ok guys, so everybody is content with the current build to release it?"

"yes...we might do it right now"

"whoo...aaiit a minute *munch* these beagles are great..."

"oh yeah, you're absolutely right *munch*"

"have some coffee too?"

"oh thx mister, I could use one after that long hard weekend"

"you're welcome"

"can you please pass me the butter please"

"dude it's right in front of you!"

"I know but I'm too lazy to bend forward to it"

"I see"