A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

37 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Wait! Engines have bugs!

Thats Stupid! everything has bugs!

Life, my houses, Games, Cars, and Game engines! Smh

The very first computer bug that ever occurred was a moth that flew into one of the early computers and shorted out a circuit to produce a error.

9 hours ago, Danidas said:

The very first computer bug that ever occurred was a moth that flew into one of the early computers and shorted out a circuit to produce a error.

Sorry, but that's not entirely true... there weren't exactly "circuits" at that time, it was called a "memory node" and it was made of rings of copper wires.

I know this bcause I had read some "computer encyclopedia" when I was a boy about the history of computers (not that it was useful afterwards lol).

BTW: each node was probably the size of a coin or more! :heh:

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Yoshino said:

Hi Fun Pimps,

Could you tell me, please?
Do you plan to expand the color palette?
Please add many different paints. 
Builders ask for a lot of paint :)

I think they had more before and they trimmed it down if I'm not mistaken. If I am never mind 😛 We would love more colours to play with too.

On 9/27/2020 at 12:50 AM, Phoenixshade35 said:

@madmole i was curious about possible corner blocks rounded like what im using on the top of my horde base, and @MechanicalLensis curious about rounded bars, im interested in those as well, for corners to kinda look better, what do u think?  I have looked but can only find the point ones and they don't look good at all on it.

20200926215416_1.jpg

IT can be done .. They Just need to do it .. seen corners in other games for this condition (inside and outside - rounded and square, also there is a curved one that works with same shape as arch .. that is OK _ I've been asking for Black glass blocks to be put back into the Paint and it hasn't been done either)

On 9/13/2020 at 8:46 AM, Promethean Winchester said:

I kinda get his point... I mean this game was supposed to be finished way back in 2014, there's only so long a game can remain in alpha before you start to believe they're intentionally drawing it out to keep receiving grants and secure their employment. Kickstarter or some other funding coming in all the time for TFP, that probably all stops when they leave alpha stages, so they've gotten comfortable. That's like me telling my girlfriend "I know I've been abusive for 10 years but I'm still in alpha stages so you can't expect me to be a functional good man". Sooner or later you gotta just get your crap together and settle on something lol.  Quite frankly, after nearly 10 years of development, basic function isn't a stretch to expect from 7dtd, but the framerate got worse lately. Add that to the fact that a zombie can detect you in a windowless room when you're crouched and staying still, just because you're standing in a light... Well, the game's got more basic problems than one. This game, to me, is like a kid with autism with really genius qualities that make you scratch your head and say "that kid is going to be the future of the tech industry, a pioneer of originality and innovation", but you also observe that child crapping his pants because he's afraid to go to the bathroom; Equal parts awe and awww.

Anyway if you have FPS problems, reduce your resolution from 1900x1000 down to 1200x700. That's an easy 5-8 more points of FPS right there, just reduce the resolution from maximum downward for 11 clicks. Also, set texture quality to half. Full textures is just asking for lag problems, even on relatively high-end systems. If you don't have a gigazorb high powered computer that you sunk 2000 bucks into, then you can't go all out on this game's graphics.

You should find another game, and invest your time in that if you view this one so negatively, bro. Kinda odd to go out of your way to make such a statement on such a specialized forum where we all primarily enjoy this game. I can and have mentioned I can respect people's beef with the lead time from inception, but unless you were there on the ground floor, it's kind of rude to grandstand as though you were. Dunno, my thoughts on it. I have patience and even in alpha have more than received my money's worth. To me it's an investment, and I'm living off the interest. 

15 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Agreed. Moldy Bread just feels like a filler crafting recipe. It should take 10-20 old sham sandwiches to craft an antibiotic (depending on the workstation you're using) and just ditch moldy bread altogether. Thoughts @madmole?

Instead of them focusing on this let them work on important stuff like improving performance or adding more content to the game

9 minutes ago, Reset said:

Instead of them focusing on this let them work on important stuff like improving performance or adding more content to the game

The guy that works on moldy bread doesn't work on improving performance.   Don't worry.

44 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

you toss a grenade to catch a groups attention and then toss them another for the big bang. they are suppose to go to a thrown item and that should qualify. if a mistake (doubt it) then i prefer it stay that way... more bang for the buck. :)

Just be a troll and make the change where zombies run away from tossed grenades, pipe bombs, etc. ;)

Troll or not, an interesting mechanic if you can come up with some sort of zombie-repellent. I'm sure eventually the bandits will be able to run away from such obvious forms of danger.

#fataal #SomeBehaviourTreesCanBeSetFromXmlIfYouTryHardEnough #hashtag

Edited by The Gronk
Almost added #ProudBoys, thought better of it... or did I? (see edit history)

1 hour ago, unholyjoe said:

you toss a grenade to catch a groups attention and then toss them another for the big bang. they are suppose to go to a thrown item and that should qualify. if a mistake (doubt it) then i prefer it stay that way... more bang for the buck. :)

Erm. They're saying it doesn't work that way.

2 hours ago, Orsey said:

The problem is that after the explosion, zombies run to where the grenade was thrown from, and not to where it exploded.

2 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

You probably didn't understand me. I say that the zombies are not running towards the sound of the explosion, but towards the place from where I threw the grenade. Is it normal?

Or is this a joke? 🤨

5 hours ago, TOR said:

Just saw in a Vid on YT that the nice new Lady has been removed.

Dont see anything concerning this in the patch notes.

If true, why?

The new stripper is still in A19.2 (b3). Maybe you were watching someone playing an older alpha (like 19.0), before she was added to the game, or a mod based on an older alpha.

Speaking of the new stripper; she's the most incredible zombie in game right now; makes some of the others pale in comparison. New hair physics, jiggly jiggly, bouncy bouncy physics brings her to the next level. Congrats to the creator!

My second favorite is the new crawler, but I feel sorry every time I kill him for some reason... Poor guy! He sounds so creepy; amazing work on that one too.

My least favorite is the red head guy (zombie Joe); he's basically all the same color and doesn't stand out. If his clothes were different colors, it would help a lot, like Steve, the red head girl and Big mama stands out because of the clothing they wear, all very nice, well for a zombie at least ! :)

Edited by Space4Ace (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Space4Ace said:

The new stripper is still in A19.2 (b3). Maybe you were watching someone playing an older alpha (like 19.0), before she was added to the game, or a mod based on an older alpha.

Speaking of the new stripper; she's the most incredible zombie in game right now; makes some of the others pale in comparison. New hair physics, jiggly jiggly, bouncy bouncy physics brings her to the next level. Congrats to the creator!

My second favorite is the new crawler, but I feel sorry every time I kill him for some reason... Poor guy! He sounds so creepy; amazing work on that one too.

My least favorite is the red head guy (zombie Joe); he's basically all the same color and doesn't stand out. If his clothes were different colors, it would help a lot, like Steve, the red head girl and Big mama stands out because of the clothing they wear, all very nice, well for a zombie at least ! :)

Totally agree with you. We call the red haired zombie ‘Ronald McDonald’ because of his superb resemblance but he is definitely underwhelming. Hopefully as time goes on the other zombies reach the quality of the crawler and nightclub girl.

23 minutes ago, Star69 said:

Totally agree with you. We call the red haired zombie ‘Ronald McDonald’ because of his superb resemblance but he is definitely underwhelming. Hopefully as time goes on the other zombies reach the quality of the crawler and nightclub girl.

I don't know about that. Somehow I feel like plain Zds being conspicuous would be a bit worse for the general feeling , not better. The lesser some of the Zds stand out the more believable crowd they can make. Special infected on the other hand, should be as visible as a lighthouse in design terms, like spiders, screamers ,cops and bombers. 

Anyway, let's see how this all pans out in A20. I'm good with whatever they design as long as they are well done. Meaning good sculpting, colour and animation.