A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

6 minutes ago, Promethean Winchester said:

Just a head's up, earlier today I was at Day 25, unkilled, permadeath, Warrior difficulty doing very well. But I got a bug where my entire keyboard would not respond no matter what combination of keys I tried to use, including alt-tab, ctrl alt delete, the windows button, etc. Tried holding the power button, wouldn't shut down. Tried closing the laptop, it couldnt suspend 7 days to die. I was stuck sprinting forward, and nothing else would respond, sprinting forward was something I could not cease nor grasp any control over. My last resort was to pull out my Laptop's battery. Upon reopening steam I found that my world had been entirely deleted or corrupted or something, but I cannot create a new navezgane world with the same map name. It is red as though my world still existed and I could still continue it, but it's not in the Continue Game list of worlds. The only other game this has ever happened to me on is Mist Survival. Needless to say I guess it's time for a 7 days to die break, clearly the game didn't like my undying success lol. Shame, I was really invested.

This sounds like a hardware/ OS issue, not a game issue. If you forced your machine to shutdown I would expect your save to be corrupted if it were in the middle of accessing it.

11 minutes ago, Promethean Winchester said:

Just a head's up, earlier today I was at Day 25, unkilled, permadeath, Warrior difficulty doing very well. But I got a bug where my entire keyboard would not respond no matter what combination of keys I tried to use, including alt-tab, ctrl alt delete, the windows button, etc. Tried holding the power button, wouldn't shut down. Tried closing the laptop, it couldnt suspend 7 days to die. I was stuck sprinting forward, and nothing else would respond, sprinting forward was something I could not cease nor grasp any control over. My last resort was to pull out my Laptop's battery. Upon reopening steam I found that my world had been entirely deleted or corrupted or something, but I cannot create a new navezgane world with the same map name. It is red as though my world still existed and I could still continue it, but it's not in the Continue Game list of worlds. The only other game this has ever happened to me on is Mist Survival. Needless to say I guess it's time for a 7 days to die break, clearly the game didn't like my undying success lol. Shame, I was really invested.

I have read other people having a similar problem with saves showing in the save game folder in app data but not appearing in the continue game menu like their file type got corrupted somehow and the game doesn't recognize it as a saved game. Go to your saved games folders in windows and see if it is still there even though it isn't showing up anymore in the continue game menu. If it is, you should submit a bug report.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

3 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

@madmole One of my several critiques with the crafting of steroids, and I feel this one is the most important, is that you need to have Intellect at 8/10 and Physician at 3/4 in order to craft them. Once you get a bicycle, steroids are obsolete, so any player wouldn't have any trouble acquiring some mode of transportation long before they reach this point in the Intellect tree, and even if not so, they could use those points to unlock the bicycle and the workbench and still have points left over. Considering that testosterone extract is a key crafting ingredient already - a rare and dangerous resource to collect from its host - and that steroids are, to my knowledge, only useful for so long, perhaps removing any crafting gate would be beneficial. The road is a long and situational one already - I don't see locking them behind a metaphorical steel cage serves any meaningful purpose, if people would craft them anyway. Just my thoughts.

I never actually thought about it. I never use the steroids because I always have a motorcycle first. You are correct sir! I agree.

4 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

One of my several critiques with the crafting of steroids, and I feel this one is the most important, is that you need to have Intellect at 8/10 and Physician at 3/4 in order to craft them. Once you get a bicycle, steroids are obsolete, so any player wouldn't have any trouble acquiring some mode of transportation long before they reach this point in the Intellect tree, and even if not so, they could use those points to unlock the bicycle and the workbench and still have points left over. Considering that testosterone extract is a key crafting ingredient already - a rare and dangerous resource to collect from its host - and that steroids are, to my knowledge, only useful for so long, perhaps removing any crafting gate would be beneficial. The road is a long and situational one already - I don't see locking them behind a metaphorical steel cage serves any meaningful purpose, if people would craft them anyway. Just my thoughts.

Yeah i noticed this too, roids are great for early game where encumberment is a major issue, but are only craftable late game when you have far better ways to curcumvent that issue.

I initially thought they boosted melee damage so hoarded them, along with testosterone, when i could finally craft them i was pretty disappointed that they are really just early game QoL boosts as opposed to late game power multipliers. They should probably get reworked with something else taking their place. Could be a good use for a candy?

Not sure if this has been suggested or not, but I think it would be a good idea to add a separate 'blood moon range' option that let's blood moons occur 1-3 days before OR after the 7th day instead of only 1-4 days after. 

This way, you are still keeping the '7 days to die' concept intact while also giving players the option to add more randomness to the game, if they so choose.

Give the player a choice of setting it to 1, 2, or 3 days. (No more than that because then weeks would overlap.)

So for example; 

1. Setting it to 1 day means a blood moon can happen at any time between day 6 - day 8. The next BM, day 13-15 and so on....
  2. Setting it to 2 days means a blood moon can happen at any time between day 5 - day 9. The next BM, day 12-16.
  3. Setting it to 3 days means a blood moon can happen at any time between day 4 - day 10. The next BM, day 11-17.

3 days also means there's a chance you could have 2 blood moons in a row at any given time. 

This would be a great option to include. 

22 minutes ago, Sal said:

Not sure if this has been suggested or not, but I think it would be a good idea to add a separate 'blood moon range' option that let's blood moons occur 1-3 days before OR after the 7th day instead of only 1-4 days after. 

This way, you are still keeping the '7 days to die' concept intact while also giving players the option to add more randomness to the game, if they so choose.

Give the player a choice of setting it to 1, 2, or 3 days. (No more than that because then weeks would overlap.)

So for example; 

1. Setting it to 1 day means a blood moon can happen at any time between day 6 - day 8. The next BM, day 13-15 and so on....
  2. Setting it to 2 days means a blood moon can happen at any time between day 5 - day 9. The next BM, day 12-16.
  3. Setting it to 3 days means a blood moon can happen at any time between day 4 - day 10. The next BM, day 11-17.

3 days also means there's a chance you could have 2 blood moons in a row at any given time. 

This would be a great option to include. 

The Basic tab when you're setting up a game or going into a saved game has options to change when Blood Moons occur and a range days after the first possible day where it can occur instead. Set the first one to the earliest you want your range to start and the second one to the latest.

47 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

@madmole i was curious about possible corner blocks rounded like what im using on the top of my horde base, and @MechanicalLensis curious about rounded bars, im interested in those as well, for corners to kinda look better, what do u think?  I have looked but can only find the point ones and they don't look good at all on it

20200926215416_1.jpg

Yeah, that is fine. Now go post it in the Dev Diary instead of here....

53 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

The Basic tab when you're setting up a game or going into a saved game has options to change when Blood Moons occur and a range days after the first possible day where it can occur instead. Set the first one to the earliest you want your range to start and the second one to the latest.

Yeah I get what your saying but those options are still very limited to whichever 1st day you set it to and offer no possibility of a horde night happening BEFORE the set day. 

For example, setting the blood moon to say... every 4 days... with a blood moon range of 4 (highest possible setting) means the first horde can only happen only between day 4 and day 8. 

What I'm suggesting is an option that would also include the possibility of a horde night happening BEFORE the set date.

For example, I like to keep the setting to every 7 days (7, 14, 21, etc). So with this option, there would be a possibility of a horde night to happen unexpectedly on day 4 WITHOUT having to change it to every 4 days or whatever. It would offer more randomness and much more flexibility IMO.  

13 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

You can blame @Jay_ombie for the poor naming choice of this thread for that. 😛 They both start with "Alpha"...

@BobbyLee298 Probably because a lot of what you're posting, and a lot of what others are posting, now belongs here. :) Yoo-hoo! Over here! Come on over! Join the herd! 😛

O hahaha had no clue!

8 hours ago, bloodmoth13 said:

Yeah i noticed this too, roids are great for early game where encumberment is a major issue, but are only craftable late game when you have far better ways to curcumvent that issue.

I initially thought they boosted melee damage so hoarded them, along with testosterone, when i could finally craft them i was pretty disappointed that they are really just early game QoL boosts as opposed to late game power multipliers. They should probably get reworked with something else taking their place. Could be a good use for a candy?

Well, they did boost melee damage in earlier alphas. It seems now they moved (melee damage buff) that to the candy called "skull crushers". On the other hand though steroids still negate heavy armor penalty or in general armor movement penalties and gives you a speed buff.

9 minutes ago, Ezed said:

Since today's theme is added blocks...

I wouldn't mind the ability to craft the noise making trash piles / broken glass we find in POI's as a poor man's 'alarm' for early game.

this part is easily modded in. Making stuff to put existing blocks in is simple enough. the hard part is getting ones that dont yet. we need some dev lovin

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)

Maybe.  Other than editing vehicle speeds , I couldn't be arsed with modding the game at this point.  A recipe seems easy enough, 1 paper, 1 plastic, 1 can or a handful of broken glass. 

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I'd find it a handy device in the first week or so to let me know there's something creeping around outside my wooden door.

AFAIK:

5 hours ago, Sal said:

So for example; 

Frequency=6, Range=2

5 hours ago, Sal said:

1. Setting it to 2 days means a blood moon can happen at any time between day 5 - day 9. The next BM, day 12-16.

Frequency=5, Range= 4

5 hours ago, Sal said:

1. Setting it to 3 days means a blood moon can happen at any time between day 4 - day 10. The next BM, day 11-17.

Frequency=4, Range=6

AFAIK the next blood moon is always calculated from the previous one, so the blood moons after the first won't follow a regular pattern anymore. I.e. in your last example the next BM could be on day 8 or day 20. I don't think they would expend developer time to add such a minor variation to a working feature.

ATM a small bug is that the explanation text for "blood moon range" in serverconfig.xml is misleading and saying the range is like you want it.

8 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

You can blame @Jay_ombie for the poor naming choice of this thread for that. 😛 They both start with "Alpha"...

@BobbyLee298 Probably because a lot of what you're posting, and a lot of what others are posting, now belongs here. :) Yoo-hoo! Over here! Come on over! Join the herd! 😛

@Jay_ombie didn't set the thread up. One of the moderators (most likely @Rolanddid. Jay_ombie's post in this thread's OP was originally in the A19 Dev Diary and got moved.

@madmole Phoenixshade35 slightly twisted my words which is fine, I was asking for corner wooden and iron bars, not rounded. :) It's been something I've been wanting since A17, but hey, if they're not added, it's not something I'll lose my sleep over.

Edit: I'm too exhausted to provide the image at the time of me posting this, however we already have corner railings in the game. Now translate that shape over to bars. :)

lol my bad haha

Jay_ombie didn’t name or create this thread. I did. His just happened to be the cutoff post for my mass migration as I went back and cleaned house. 

I altered the name slightly so that it won’t be so close.