Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I know you guys wanted to get some kind of new content out in december and that obviously never happened. Is that slated for early Jan, or did the whole anticipated time table slip by a month?

We decided localization and more stable stable was a higher priority and focused on that. We're looking at April for A19 and it will be pretty meaty instead of some candy dropping in Dec.

A18.3 Stable as an update or is it gonna remain as it is now?

I feel you need to describe better what happens between stable and experimental.

I spend alot of time explaining to my players which is which.

not everyone understands so easily, for instance.

i host experimental servers only. when stable hits i remain on experimental since i know there is no difference.

or maybe i am reading it wrong.

at least you should leave the last experimental version listed in the betas tab.

all i know is there is a ton of confusion every single stable patch release.

A18.3 Stable as an update or is it gonna remain as it is now?

I feel you need to describe better what happens between stable and experimental.

I spend alot of time explaining to my players which is which.

not everyone understands so easily, for instance.

i host experimental servers only. when stable hits i remain on experimental since i know there is no difference.

or maybe i am reading it wrong.

at least you should leave the last experimental version listed in the betas tab.

all i know is there is a ton of confusion every single stable patch release.

So you think a stable version that also is listed in the experimental tab leads to less confusion?

Strange thing to think.

Cheers

I am asking for it to be explained better.

and if there is no difference between the last experimental and the new stable builds, then why bother updating your server just to show stable.

the way it is done now is confusing for a lot of players. is each stable build gonna be the same or an update?

and if there is gonna be a difference between the 2 the leaving the last experimental build in the betas tab as some us are here for new and experimental builds.

A specific experimental will always go stable unchanged. Always has been.

Or you think they will do a blind stable without being in experimental for some time?

I guess im really not getting what your prob is. Even players that have opted in to experimental will feel no change at all when it gets tagged stable. Same version, no update. Clients as wel as servers.

Cheers

I wish we could do Jet, but doing slow time in a MP game has some challenges.

Not sure if fo76 did anything with Jet, but you could have the player look like everything is slow meanwhile for others the player using jet has an increased speed of movement.

New Trader Jen. Snowdog will be pleased.

Oh my, she maybe the best addition to this game yet! Modders, do I really need to ask what needs done? lol ;) :-P

Omg I’m so hard...... seriously, and I’m at work... thanks a lot.

She is mine don't you even think about it. If you want her you going to have to kill me then kill me again once I come back. :-)

We decided localization and more stable stable was a higher priority and focused on that. We're looking at April for A19 and it will be pretty meaty instead of some candy dropping in Dec.

Um.......sweet? ;)

That is however going to land you in that same old "no new content released for 6 months thing" again though. We all know target dates slip, so April becomes October like a18. I'd hate to see you loose the momentum you gained with a18.

Any chance we could at least get some of the easier to add without breaking add ons like the vehicle mods or book sets earlier? (maybe release the vehicle mods one month and the book sets another month?

Or.. a MadMole's Book Set of the Month Club! A monthly book set for all 2020 for those eager beaver survival readers! Collect them all!

Oh, question: Has anyone checked to see if you have a tier 6 item if there are actually enough mods created for every weapon that can be added to fill all the slots? I think armor has enough, but unless I'm wrong most of the weapons don't have enough mods to fill all slots, as some mods preclude use of other mods. (Like you can't use barbed wire and spikes on a club or bat.)

The compound bow has only 3 I think, and the compound crossbow only one (or two if the ergonomic shaft one works with it.) The arrow rest doesn't work in the compound crossbow so it only has the string mod.

I am asking for it to be explained better.

and if there is no difference between the last experimental and the new stable builds, then why bother updating your server just to show stable.

the way it is done now is confusing for a lot of players. is each stable build gonna be the same or an update?

and if there is gonna be a difference between the 2 the leaving the last experimental build in the betas tab as some us are here for new and experimental builds.

Explanation:

Each experimental is a stage in the growing up of a mature stable. The infant 18.0 grows up into a young boy of 18.1, enters puberty in 18.2 and is still called a minor experimental when it celebrates its 18,3'th birthday. The next day everyone recognizes him as a stable adult, even though he is the same code as yesterday, just one day older.

As an adult he will never change, stable is stable. Along comes a new baby, she will be called 19.0

:cocksure:

Love the new Jen. I hope that you fixed the voice though. lol

whats wrong with her new voice?

- - - Updated - - -

Explanation:

Each experimental is a stage in the growing up of a mature stable. The infant 18.0 grows up into a young boy of 18.1, enters puberty in 18.2 and is still called a minor experimental when it celebrates its 18,3'th birthday. The next day everyone recognizes him as a stable adult, even though he is the same code as yesterday, just one day older.

As an adult he will never change, stable is stable. Along comes a new baby, she will be called 19.0

:cocksure:

then im alpha 11 lol

I wish we could do Jet, but doing slow time in a MP game has some challenges.

I loved the bullet time MODs for Fallout. I liked it more than VATS if there were some thoughtfully reworked perks with it. So obviously Jet was not enough for me :D

Anyways, Jet would be sick for this game, but being able to play with my brother outweighs that.

Archived