Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I remember watching this and then mocap being introduced in a14 or a15 i think. it was such a huge improvement. :)

it would be nice if all zombies could have random walking animations, like the way the solder walk , biker , cripple walk and others. (Note: Not crawlers or spider zombies just walking)

so the zombies look different when you see them next to each other like two solders next to each other. they would walk differently.

and while im at it i could share a idea for some new zombie looks.

Spider: looks a feral wight same with his skin. but, has a thick skull and hollow eyes, has a Spin that sticks out like a row of spikes, hands and feet are Deformed and the toes and fingers are 3 inch's apart, and the hands have sharp claws, and the face is wide open about 5 inch's apart and has Jagged teeth. his skin looks like the feral

Cop: Keep its fat body but his not really a cop anymore. the belly has the same boil on his gut but the rest of his gut is full of Boils that act like armor, his hands are Raw to the bone and is full of veins. his skin looks like a feral wight, his feet are harden with scabs and Boils too, his face looks almost the same but! his lips , nose , chin and checks are Gone due to the acid.

Screamer: they are just as small as they are now but they would look like a feral wight (mostly the skin) but with a lot of differences.

Their chest is Wide open due to screaming and their mouth is also full of blood, their hands are small and sharp, they have hollow eyes and no hair.

Crawler: they look like a Corpse that has be rotting for a very very long time almost to the bone, and they act the same. However if they are feral they move quick with there two arms and can leap at you (like a leaper from dead space)

Burned victim: Just make all of him crispy, no cloths , no other skin , JUST CRISPY!

Demolishes: Keep the armor (maybe add a bit more blood) and his skin is severely Rotten.

Feral wight: hes around 8ft tall, remove that his belly looks like abs rather then the organs, their chest has natural Bone armor and his Shoulder's have sharp spikes on each one, his skull kinda looks like the behemoth face but with eyes and the eyes look Evil. his hands are Formed into sharp claws and his toes are also formed into claws , His teeth are Very sharp and look like NAILS!

Football player: Scrap him and you could turn him into a (Feeder: ) they look like starved zombies that have a never ending hunger for flesh (fresh or rotten) in the day they jog at you and at night they are nightmarish speed, they look like someone who hasten eaten in 70 days but their belly is full. they have low HP but they travel in numbers 2 or 4. and they are mean as hell

Zombie Bear: has A slightly lighter fur color but has many patch's of skin exposed and rotten, their face is very skeletal and has hallow eyes and his jaws are exposed.

Zombie Dog: looks kinda like a wolf but more skinnier and has Dark brown fur with many rotten parts of skin, their spin , face , jaws and ribs are exposed and look very skeletal.

Vulture: not much just a bit of a HD look, but spiting Vultures have a larger belly.

Lumberjack: sense its kinda odd to see the same looking lumberjacks trying to eat you. i think they should be turned into a (Frozen Walker)

they look mummify and a bit staved due to the cold and has no cloths , they have the same body structure, but there skin is pail white, ice blue and Blood red. there hands , face , and their upper chest are covered in blood. their also are just as strong.

Also the god of moles is back

Merry Christmas and Happy new year!

I updated the first page with candy:

Candy

Candy will be added to vending machines, making canned foods more scarce in the process. Candy has zero calories but will boost attributes or provide special abilities for a short duration, like recog and fortbites. Here are a few examples of over 10 new candy items coming to A19.

Skull Crushers

Rock hard candy that gives you a rock hard punch. Increases melee damage 50% for 2 minutes.

Atom Junkies

Atom sized candy and atomic sized power! Increase explosive damage 50% for 2 minutes.

Sugar Butts

If ifs and butts were candy and nuts every day would be Christmas! Well now it can be with one tasty Sugar Butts Candy. Increases Better Barter one rank for 2 minutes.

merry christmas and happy new year!

candy

candy will be added to vending machines, making canned foods more scarce in the process. Candy has zero calories but will boost attributes or provide special abilities for a short duration, like recog and fortbites. Here are a few examples of over 10 new candy items coming to a19.

skull crushers

rock hard candy that gives you a rock hard punch. Increases melee damage 50% for 2 minutes.

atom junkies

atom sized candy and atomic sized power! Increase explosive damage 50% for 2 minutes.

sugar butts

if ifs and butts were candy and nuts every day would be christmas! Well now it can be with one tasty sugar butts candy. Increases better barter one rank for 2 minutes.

the god is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes back!!!!!

i have no life

i have no life

We can tell. lol :)

- - - Updated - - -

Candy

Candy will be added to vending machines, making canned foods more scarce in the process. Candy has zero calories but will boost attributes or provide special abilities for a short duration, like recog and fortbites. Here are a few examples of over 10 new candy items coming to A19.

Skull Crushers

Rock hard candy that gives you a rock hard punch. Increases melee damage 50% for 2 minutes.

Atom Junkies

Atom sized candy and atomic sized power! Increase explosive damage 50% for 2 minutes.

Sugar Butts

If ifs and butts were candy and nuts every day would be Christmas! Well now it can be with one tasty Sugar Butts Candy. Increases Better Barter one rank for 2 minutes.

Hey! Same to you :) Welcome back to get back to work, chop chop! ;)

Oh! Candy! SWEET!

Candy

Skull Crushers

Atom Junkies

Sugar Butts

Hot bandits? New mutated things (is it a zombie or what?) for late game stages instead of simple green glowing reskins. I'm kind of thinking the radiated are not even zombies, but humans that survived and mutated. Their flesh is so disgusting even a zombie won't eat it so they walk among the dead. Perhaps they are no longer human, noone knows but they seem to be more intelligent as they wield crude melee weapons and are very hard to kill.

So will they be similar to fallout ghouls but instead of them being like NPCs, they still kill you to eat you?

- - - Updated - - -

Robots are already a reality IRL and 7 days is in 2034+ so I don't see a problem. There might be jet packs and power armor super rare late game. All this stuff is real life if you do some googling.

Wait are you saying that power armor is a real thing now?

Sugar Butts

So these things will be available at the traders? This is either ignorant blunder or a fantastic marketing ploy on their part.

So these things will be available at the traders? This is either ignorant blunder or a fantastic marketing ploy on their part.

So far I've only put them in vending machines for a couple of reasons. One, to thin canned foods, two to make them not readily abundant and to give vending machines something unique.

Candy

Skull Crushers

Atom Junkies

Sugar Butts

Joel, this is an apocalypse, here injections, respiratory sprays, tablets or pills are more suitable, in the end, but not sweets !!!

And ... how ... well, how can the candy eaten by you affect the power of the explosion ??? I cannot justify this in any way.

I can understand when we buy a skill that increases the damage from an explosion ... here we can assume that by finding, buying or creating ammunition, we then refine them ... but how can sweets increase the force of an explosion right after reception ???

Joel, this is an apocalypse, here injections, respiratory sprays, tablets or pills are more suitable, in the end, but not sweets !!!

And ... how ... well, how can the candy eaten by you affect the power of the explosion ??? I cannot justify this in any way.

I can understand when we buy a skill that increases the damage from an explosion ... here we can assume that by finding, buying or creating ammunition, we then refine them ... but how can sweets increase the force of an explosion right after reception ???

You can not rationalize it just as easy as I can. It's a drug marketed like candy. How the hell does grandpas elixer do stuff? How does a med kit magically heal you from an inch of death? I'm here to make a fun game, if your immersion meter is broken, I'm sorry but we're not day z, this is a fun game that takes lightly the seriousness of the apocalypse and cool branding and game play beats realism. Its like recog for explosives.

I'd say the guy can aim better. He's jacked up on something that improves his perception a bit, sees and processes movement at 400 fps, and can land that rocket at the right juicy spot. So think of something that is the opposite of booze, something that speeds up your perception and its no stretch of the imagination. Think a the mhz a bird's processor is running to be able to swoop down and grab a bug or snatch a fly in the blink of an eye. This stuff taps into that and pushes your cognitive function faster.

I have been thinking about the quest at the start of the game and wanted to know what you think about these changes Madmole?

1. Replace the make a club with the spear. - Clubs are barely used IMO while spears are a great starter weapon.

2. Add making a Blunderbuss as an optional side quest. - This will let new players know that they can make this and it makes a great zombie stopper.

Think a the mhz a bird's processor is running to be able to swoop down and grab a bug or snatch a fly in the blink of an eye. This stuff taps into that and pushes your cognitive function faster.

Pretty well said tbh, and will add a bit of another management moments ingame, deeper gameplay = more fun.

Archived