Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

That a realy nice quest list , if they can add the 1/3 of this list it could be really good way to keep the game entertaining at the end game realy appreciate this idea hope TFP will look at it

Joel has already called 2/3 of this list of quests earlier, as planned, if I'm not mistaken ...

- - - Updated - - -

Zombies dont avoid gunfire from my experiences playing.

How do you explain the fact that vultures abruptly change the direction of flight only when the crosshairs of the sight are pointed at them? Sometimes they even fly their tail forward, if you can’t get out of sight differently)

How do you explain the fact that vultures abruptly change the direction of flight only when the crosshairs of the sight are pointed at them? Sometimes they even fly their tail forward, if you can’t get out of sight differently)

He does not need to explain it, because I already said there is ZERO AI code checking to see where you are looking.

It is simply random movement.

We have some of that already. Vultures do aggressively attack vehicles and move faster in that case, but they would need to spawn specifically on BMs when you are in a vehicle.

We've talked about spawning fast zombies in front of you on BM, but that is a good amount of work to make them not horribly pop in or have stale paths if you are moving fast and ones behind need to despawn quickly, but not visibly, and they probably need better hitting against a fast vehicle. Not simple, so all that may not be the best use of our time, when a simpler solution would work.

Add lightning streaks in the red sky and call it an emp wave that temporarily disables vehicles then call it a day...😂

- - - Updated - - -

Joel has already called 2/3 of this list of quests earlier, as planned, if I'm not mistaken ...

- - - Updated - - -

Vultures use a different AI then zombies do. Besides, Faatal already confirmed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is Madmole? Don't tell me that he loaded all his dumbbells onto his boat and it sunk.

I told him not to do that. *Shakes head*

Geez, a couple days into the new year and already peeking through his windows? Are you Guppycur? 😂

Today was our first day back to work after the holidays, so got some rage changes in:

Changed entity damage buffs to store the damage remainder and use next tick (instead of rounding, bleed stacks now do accurate damage).

Added Zombie rage chance scales based on hit damage (80 damage gives the normal percent ramping down to 0% or up to 200% at 880 damage).

Added Zombie rage duration does not count down while stunned.

This should help balance rage for fast low damage vs slow heavy damage weapons, power attacks and head shots, low damage bleed/burn ticks, glancing blows and stuns.

Today was our first day back to work after the holidays, so got some rage changes in:

Changed entity damage buffs to store the damage remainder and use next tick (instead of rounding, bleed stacks now do accurate damage).

Added Zombie rage chance scales based on hit damage...

What do you think about reducing the health of luminous zombies, but adding an “escape” to their behavior in the event of severe damage, how does it work with animals?

Escaping will help the green zombies regain their health if they can escape, and the player will know that the zombies have little health left and need to be chased. )

Added Zombie rage chance scales based on hit damage (80 damage gives the normal percent ramping down to 0% or up to 200% at 880 damage).

This should help balance rage for fast low damage vs slow heavy damage weapons, power attacks and head shots, low damage bleed/burn ticks, glancing blows and stuns.

Happy Merry New Christmas Year Faatal! May I give some feedback on the pathing of quadrupeds?

There's a certainty of the predator AI spinning in weird circles when they stumble upon chairs and some other items. Wouldn't it be cool that to avoid this stuff, some wild animals (deer) just avoid entering POIs/props/rocks when closing in and dogs, wolfs and cougars just jump those things (meaning chairs and some other props ) It will probably require new animation/s though.

Also, there is an exploit with boars (so far, maybe others) that when you nerdpole with 2 frames they only attack the 2nd one from the floor so the 1st one (even being an unupgraded frame) won't be hit until the second one is destroyed, at which point they can already get to you of course. You can save materials that way, and that behaviour doesn't make much sense specificaly regarding boars (and I guess other animals with the same pathing).

Bears and Grace might need a multiblock pathing, Idk what is your plan on the subject.

Thx for the frequent answering!

Well take your time. no need to rush your teams work

Meaning, while the zombies are stunned (or knocked down), or while the player is stunned? Hopefully the former, the latter seems kind of brutal.

And, welcome back, hope you had a great holiday season!

Meaning, while the zombies are stunned (or knocked down), or while the player is stunned? Hopefully the former, the latter seems kind of brutal.

And, welcome back, hope you had a great holiday season!

While zombies are stunned. Formerly you could hit a zombie with a club, enrage them and stun them. Normal rage lasts 6 to 10 seconds, so that timer was ticking while they were on the ground, then standing up, so was significantly reduced by the time they could move.

I did. Thanks!

Hey @fataal, just wondering if you could check something, unless its been looked at but, when im doing melee it seems i have to aim at the zombies chin to score a headshot, ive tested it with all the melee weapons so far and that seems to be the case, gun targetting hitbox is fine, i could be wrong but when i aim for the actual forehead, crosshair lined up both normal and power attack miss, i hope its not just me.

On a side note i see we can make something with toast, why can't we make normal bread with wheat and make regular toast? lol

when i aim for the actual forehead, crosshair lined up both normal and power attack miss, i hope its not just me

It's not just you. I figured that had to have been noticed already, I've been compensating fine but aim-at-the-jaw feels weird.

"As I set down these notes on paper, I'm upset by the thought that I might be the last living man on Earth.

2X2L calling CQ. 2X2L calling CQ New York.

Isn't there anyone on the air? Isn't there anyone on the air? Isn't there........ anyone?"

Where be the Pimps?

"As I set down these notes on paper, I'm upset by the thought that I might be the last living man on Earth.

2X2L calling CQ. 2X2L calling CQ New York.

Isn't there anyone on the air? Isn't there anyone on the air? Isn't there........ anyone?"

Where be the Pimps?

they will be on soon i mean the-

QUITE JOEL IM NOT LETTING YOU FREE UNTIL I SEE THE NEW ZOMBIE LOOKS!

im sure there just talking there time an.......

IM Waring you. that it *turns on stun baton* thats it SHOW ME!!!!!

but i think there mostly just taking there time working on some stuff or just taking there time

(background sound of Joel and his crew getting out) Oh crap, im sorry (Joel pulling out a Barbed wired club, and Beating me until im Out cold)

Can we possibly get a block action with melee weapons?

Also a bash action with guns, such as bashing a zombie in the face with the butt of a rifle?

Thanks

that would be nice maybe if you press both keys on your mouse you can do a bash to knock back zombies if your corned. and maybe a mod so you could add bayonets on your guns.

if you press both keys for melee weapons it would be a special attack. (knuckles = Uppercut)(Sledge hammer = AOE slam)(Knifes = Jab)(Machete = Heavy slash with both hands)(Spear = Throw, heavy attack could be replaced with a Strong Jab)(Clubs/bats = A nice Baseball bat swing).

Archived