Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

27 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Just set it to horde night, every night and just to be sure, on nightmare and largest count of spawns possible. I`ll do that on my base anyway, but when A19 is out.

Destruction party before new alpha rocks ! 

10 minute days, longest nights as well.

If we are going to have drones, I think a big feature would be a pigeon function. This means when you are out you can ask the drone to go home and retrieve or drop off items. Basically you can access home inventory from the drone, task it to do inventory drop or retrieve and then it leaves and comes back. Would help alot for things you may suddenly need like a splint or tool. And you can use it to offload inventory. If it runs out of fuel on the way it drops but you get a marker showing its location.

In PVP somebody can shoot the drone down and loot it.

3 hours ago, madmole said:

That is what I get for trying to be transparent.

Oh come on, thicker skin my friend; it's been a running gag since forever.

You say you're not going to give a time frame, then you get optimistic and do, then the cycle repeats... :). 

It's as time honored as Hitler videos and laz's picture.  All in good fun. 

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

The new A19 Junk Drone

AFAIK we still don't have confirmation it will be in A19, as last time I brought it up it was mentioned it may not make it in time. I'm hopeful it will be in though!

I still think a backpack looting minigame would be a nice addition. Doesn't seem too farfetched to think you'd start with a pretty @%$*#!ty backpack (say 4*9, half of it being encumbrance slots), then you'd try to loot/craft a backpack that brings back the 5*9 we have now, and eventually find or buy a military backpack that adds another row, so 6*9.

Would be a nice addition to the loot list, add a fun evolution to your character while also giving an incentive to use points for pack-mule (you probably wouldn't be able to get 6*9 unencumbered with only pockets, but I haven't done the math).

If dynamic backpacks are impossible to make with the current framework, just add a third type of slot that is unusable for 2 of the rows, with the backpack unlocking 9 of them (to encumbered slots) and the military backpack unlocking 18.

2 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

She should be the kind of zombie where shots to the body do very little damage.

yes, she dies fast and give the same amount of exp that a crawling zombie does (and he is the weakest zombie)

1 hour ago, beHypE said:

Would be a nice addition to the loot list, add a fun evolution to your character while also giving an incentive to use points for pack-mule (you probably wouldn't be able to get 6*9 unencumbered with only pockets, but I haven't done the math).

You can if you include the cargo pockets added to clothing. I never get pack mule, I strategically use my steroids or stay close to home (which is also strategically located).

20 minutes ago, zWolfer said:

they could buff her and make her special just increasing her life/damage and make her always run, cuz big mama is hungry

With the removal of the football players, perhaps she could be the replacement for the always running zombie.

I always saw her to be an homage to the Dawn of the Dead fat lady: 

12 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

With the removal of the football players, perhaps she could be the replacement for the always running zombie.

I always saw her to be an homage to the Dawn of the Dead fat lady: 

I really dont know why does futball zombies always run but cheeleaders dont always jump or at least jump higher than normal. I mean, if futball zombies always run because of its sport, the same should happen to them.
The big mama from the video should be an example to what they could do with her and make her better and not just a weak unprofitable exp zombie

8 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

And better terrain gen, an added sense of purpose...

Then again, I haven't played MC in, what, 8 years, so I don't know how much it's changed since then, if very much at all.

Well.. They do release updates faster than TFP ^^

4 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

So does this mean the football zombies have been removed in A19, with the evidence given from what I'm reading above?

Iirc MadMole said that Football and Cheerleader zombies were getting the axe now to make room for less location specific ones to be added later on (was around the time he mentioned that the stripper was going to have a dress added to her model). It has been at least 100 pages since that comment though, so I don't feel like digging for it.

5 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

In A19, has the bug been fixed where if you activate a quest at a POI it removes all the shrubbery?

I had that last night while recording my next episode , my total thumbsuck would be, that it resets the chunks that the POI is in

Anything that is not a building ect gets wiped out.

I will repeat 1000 times.
Add textures for the storage box. (textures with money, building materials, resources)
Add a model of any boat. Drones, turrets, are you serious? 30% of the world is water. Make it useful, we need boats, fishing rods, water pois
Add the possibility to power, electrical appliances (bridge, doors, light bulbs) from multiple sources. so people can open the electric door on the other side too, right now electrical appliances are a useless thing.
Add the possibility to disable in the server settings, zombie bomber. a lot of players with whom I played would like to be able to play without a bomber.

I really dont understand the shrubbery complaints. I like it being removed as it's a "rough" guide to knowing you've cleared the Poi. Im hoping that in future there is a way to mark the map that doesn't clutter the ui, compass. I play without loot respawn 

12 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

It's mostly to do with immersion; nothing important of course, but it sets you off driving by a bunch of POI's and then one of them has what looks like a freshly cut lawn surrounding it. That, and it's a bug; activating a quest never used to do this, pre A18 at least.

Edit: I just leave a wood frame outside each POI that I've looted. I also play with no loot respawn.

Once I get the book that lets me harvest doorknobs from doors, I go back and hit all the POI I've cleared and chop out all the doors.

That lets me know if I've done the place or not.

Otherwise, there is usually a hole in the front by the door that I made to get out once the place is clear.

I hope that A19 though, has moved the TREES a bit further from the POI, particularly the oak ones, with the ginormous branches that clip into the buildings.

Going into a room , having zeds attack and you can't SEE them for the shrubbery... well, that's annoying.

Bigger backpack:  yeah, I would like that too. *some* inventory management is fine, but too much is a pita. yes, I'll drop some chests in the Q5 quest POI for stuff,

as I can even fill the 120 slot backpack. (yes, I grab everything that is grabbable. yes 120 is a tad large)

removing the bits of coal/nitrate/wood/shale will help a bit.)  Bigger STORAGE boxes now... that I really would like. No reason for them to be small.

(backpack I can see, and agree to a point)

Archived