Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

2 hours ago, madmole said:

For now. We are working on a new corpse like crawler with his guts hanging out.

Yes I will start videos soon.

I did all the animations back then. Brian and team are much more talented than I am, but it takes a while to get to everything. For A19 we've added some hand movement to the off hand on one handed weapon holds, so when you run with a torch your left arm will jog instead of being completely stiff. There still might be some stiff old anims though, but we did prototype a successful fix for that particular issue.

Definitely would love to see that in game...a new designed crawling corpse would be amazing

6 hours ago, meganoth said:

Because bandits like to plunder, kill and rape, they are not good at scavenging and they prefer raiding to scavenging by a long shot. Why search for that stuff in rubble for hours if you can just take it away from the scavenger? It actually would take hours and days of hard work to search a half-collapsed building, just look at news reels after an earthquake. Not the minutes it seems to take in the game.

There never will be an ultra-realistic AND fun environment in 7D2D whatever you do, somewhere you have to apply doses of suspension of disbelief. I can easily find realism problems in your scenario as well as TFP's. And always there is an explanation that works if you don't scrutinize it too much.

You think an armed group of people aren't going to go looting? Lol.

2 hours ago, madmole said:

For now. We are working on a new corpse like crawler with his guts hanging out.

i wanted to talk about corpse in game.

i think a model where they are just a mummy or very old corpse. like this

also maybe a zombie model for A20 that looks like a unrecognizable Corpse so you can't tell who they where.

would fit in nicely with generic zombie when almost all of them have a Distinct look, like the fat woman.

Skeleton Zombies 3D asset | CGTrader

Now there is a variant of refuge, which is based on the invulnerability of the territory of the merchant.

To do this, you need to make a moat around the territory of the merchant, depth to the base of the world and a width of 3-5 blocks, and then build a base on the walls of the protected blocks of the territory of the merchant.

In this case, the zombies will fall into the moat and can not inflict any damage to the base and character.

In order to solve this problem, it would be possible to make an additional area around the protected territory of the trader, which could be destroyed, but to ban construction on this territory. Something like a partial merchant claim block.

MM, what do you think about it? Or is it impossible?

43 minutes ago, Ranzera said:

You think an armed group of people aren't going to go looting? Lol.

Not digging in derelict houses. But "aquiring" the salvaged loot in stashes of well-stocked scavengers like you who already did the work. A bandit is a bandit because he doesn't want to work but steal the work of others.

7 minutes ago, Orsey said:

Now there is a variant of refuge, which is based on the invulnerability of the territory of the merchant.

To do this, you need to make a moat around the territory of the merchant, depth to the base of the world and a width of 3-5 blocks, and then build a base on the walls of the protected blocks of the territory of the merchant.

In this case, the zombies will fall into the moat and can not inflict any damage to the base and character.

In order to solve this problem, it would be possible to make an additional area around the protected territory of the trader, which could be destroyed, but to ban construction on this territory. Something like a partial merchant claim block.

Ḿake invulnerable blocks have a sideways SI of 0. That should prevent that exploit

5 hours ago, madmole said:

I did all the animations back then.

I liked the animations you made.

Their movements and posture were like those of a zombie... not just twitching of a mockup actor.

4 hours ago, Damocles said:

How about cutting the texture resolution of all zombies by half, and adding 4 times as many (including old models) zombies into the game.

The enemy variety is really repetitive. And if you have the old artwork, why not use it. Its not that players observe zombies up close anyways.

(my grammar is lacking)

I think it's a bad idea to use the previous versions of zombies along with the new ones - they will look like they are from different worlds.... but the quintessence of your thought - i like it.

1 hour ago, Orsey said:

Why does the moat have to go to bedrock? How about a moat that is 10 blocks deep and then your base attached above that beyond their reach? Also seems like you could just dig it along a single side of the merchant..maybe just barely around that side's corners.

You are way over-producing your exploit....

The question: "Why do Trader, and Trader outposts, even need to be made invulnerable anymore?"

They have the mechanics that can "Respawn" whole Prefabs, with Spawn, and Loot points included.

Just wondering is all.

44 minutes ago, Tin said:

The question: "Why do Trader, and Trader outposts, even need to be made invulnerable anymore?"

They have the mechanics that can "Respawn" whole Prefabs, with Spawn, and Loot points included.

Just wondering is all.

As MM has stated, pvp would be an issue and he is not going to make two version.

1) How is it an issue when the trader and prefab can respawn.

2) Could sworn that they have multiple times have stated they were not concerned with PvP till the game was gold.

edit: or near gold.

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

Not digging in derelict houses. But "aquiring" the salvaged loot in stashes of well-stocked scavengers like you who already did the work. A bandit is a bandit because he doesn't want to work but steal the work of others.

You'd be wrong then.

2 hours ago, Orsey said:

The bottom line is not about how to dig, but about that there was no reason to use the merchant to create a refuge 😃

Yes and I'm trying to show that it is even easier to accomplish than your description. We both have the same goal.

23 minutes ago, Ranzera said:

You'd be wrong then.

So then historically bandits have always been hard-working productive members of society who were deeply misunderstood?

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

So then historically bandits have always been hard-working productive members of society who were deeply misunderstood?

Wrong again.

Bandits aren't going to wait for people walk by in an apocalypse. You can't keep a crew of bandits fed that way. Y'all are silly. "Well gosh, no saps have walked by the last few days. I guess we'll just sit here and starve. *pout*" - TFP Forum posters, attempting to be bandits.

28 minutes ago, Tin said:

1) How is it an issue when the trader and prefab can respawn.

2) Could sworn that they have multiple times have stated they were not concerned with PvP till the game was gold.

edit: or near gold.

It would be kind of cool that if a trader got destroyed you could get a quest from another trader to re-establish the trader. It would re-spawn just like POI's do when you activate the quest marker. Maybe a double respawn deal where when you take the quest and travel to destroyed Trader POI and activate the quest marker it respawns as a destroyed trader compound with sleepers and a  boss of some kind within the walls that you must battle and defeat. Then when you return to the trader that gave the quest it respawns the fully functioning trader again so the next time you go there it's back.

If anyone can help me out this would be awesome, unless another thread could help but im not sure where to ask, so when I am recording videos for my 7 days to die episodes, I use shotcut for my converting, for some reason after i am done converting any video, 7 days to die lags when pausing and starts having lag stutters mid game, some unbearable, what could be causing this?  the only fix i have found to work is restarting my computer, i am at a loss cause this gets real annoying quickly

38 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

If anyone can help me out this would be awesome, unless another thread could help but im not sure where to ask, so when I am recording videos for my 7 days to die episodes, I use shotcut for my converting, for some reason after i am done converting any video, 7 days to die lags when pausing and starts having lag stutters mid game, some unbearable, what could be causing this?  the only fix i have found to work is restarting my computer, i am at a loss cause this gets real annoying quickly

Have you tried posting in the general support forums?

https://community.7daystodie.com/forum/17-general-support/

Archived