Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

The waterworks construction worker's speciality is water. :adoration:

well not really what i was thinking. but i like it

mostly zombies that have adapted to the area kinda like the lumberjack is/was

stuff like zombies that have kelp, plants, fungi and other plants like Poison ivy and maybe theory plants and they weaken you. Zombies that have adapted to moving in mud and water and can flot on the top of the water to drag you under. a fisherman,,, etc

Please dont go Full Realisem Police. Its a game and especially with the Horror Genre you should be allowed to play with Stereotypes and Clichees.

None of the aggressive fish are native to Arizona (the game's setting) and none would be in significant numbers to be a threat is they had been dumped. Surely a more appropriate entity could be found within the ecosystem that is already there.

What about an alligator? Alligators would be cool, just think they just float by with only their head showing and then pow jumping and thrashing in the water. Scare the crap out of you.

I would much prefer that over pirahnas.

Water is there for immersion and something to drink, we're not interested in advanced water gameplay. Its something we could expand on in the sequel probably. 7 years in development is way too long, we're finishing not opening up new tickets on pie in the sky fluff features.

Speaking of water :p Whats the plan with the flotation blocks, are they just wip ground work or just a experiment that didn't work out and left in? I really hope you guys can get at least some framework for water based poi's. Even now people have made great water prefabs. I've seen a WW2 battleship,pirate ship,piles research vessel and my aircraft carrier.

The main issues being si, having no support in water which the float blocks could solve. Then rwg would need some logic to place them. Also a couple of other related issues ships are big, currently vanilla rwg can't place large poi's, only nitro and manual placement. Another issue with prefab size happens around 200-250 long/wide where the distant mesh glitches out when you're in the middle (It overlays over the prefab when your inside, when it shouldn't)

But if those could be solved there are so many possibility's ships,sunken ships,subs,underwater survivors caves,crashed planes,secret underwater bio lab prefab ;) I think it was a13 or a14 it was briefly tried with that 1 house with the flooded basement. I thought it was so cool and fun to explore. It's just a shame that aspect was never explored further i really enjoyed it sad face :(.

This is what a aircraft carrier could look like in 7dtd

RRlVoya.png

[P02Jljn.jpg

more images here if anyone wants to see more.

https://imgur.com/a/8WTEBTx

Right, but your idea adds tons of scope and breaks immersion. There aren't sharks or crocs in freshwater lakes in AZ. Piranhas are so small IRL you couldn't target them so the game play would be bad.

Well someone needs to watch the latest pirahnas movie lol ??.

Same with saltwater crocs i guess which have been found in freshwater here in aust...

I'm working on adding that to my server, nearly 100 new bundles. If you keep an eye on the Mods threads i'll post it there when i'm finished . It will have perk requirements like vanilla, 2 recipes one for putting the actual items into bundles and 1 for a discount bulk craft with the same % discount, existing ammo bundles will be tweaked to pack/unpack into full stacks (just don't like it only does 2/3s of a stack) and and optional localisation.

There already is a mod that does this lol.. i did it ages ago....

There already is a mod that does this lol.. i did it ages ago....

Mines is a bit different, Yours is just ammo from what I saw, I'm doing 90 something items, food, med, ammo, etc with all new recipes having perk requirements and localisation and new bulk craft recipes. The more the merrier ;)

Mines is a bit different, Yours is just ammo from what I saw, I'm doing 90 something items, food, med, ammo, etc with all new recipes having perk requirements and localisation and new bulk craft recipes. The more the merrier ;)

i was merely saying to save ya time lol if you were. dont worry me if you make your own. I not big on having everything behind skills. some things to me are self explanatory and dont need skill etc. Like it be obvious if one has a over bundance of ammo to bundle it to save space etc. you have your ideas all is ok with diff ways..

Nonsense they have legs that are trying to walk towards a player and they are dead so they could probably float. Dogs can swim and I've often modeled zombie behavior after dogs.

I'm with you on this one. Running takes far more balance and coordination than swimming. ♥♥♥♥ even babies know how to swim.

I'd be down for some Water Moccasin snakes though. You got all the code already there, no new animations, and you'd just have to render them a different color and your set. Just make them super fast in the water for the heebies.

I'm with you on this one. Running takes far more balance and coordination than swimming. ♥♥♥♥ even babies know how to swim.

And given that no thought needs to be spent on continuing to breathe it makes it that much easier and stress free. :)

would be nice tho if corpses floated. tired of shooting a deer just to have it sink 13 paces and being unable to skin it. as for the zombies, they could easily swim, expanding gasses in a decomposing corpse cause flotation, their movement to chase you cause forward momentum. I mean olympic speeds? nah, but regular swimming, why not?

Water is there for immersion and something to drink, we're not interested in advanced water gameplay. Its something we could expand on in the sequel probably. 7 years in development is way too long, we're finishing not opening up new tickets on pie in the sky fluff features.

I don´t like the water behavior atm, how it connetcts to buildings, the holes you can get when you dig the earth at the bottom, the lag from lage bodys of water. (My impression might be old, I avoid water atm)

I would like to see stuff in Water, like a sunken car, or a safe, perhaps a sunken house or a boat POI.

Or just reduce it to minimum.

I don´t like the water behavior atm, how it connetcts to buildings, the holes you can get when you dig the earth at the bottom, the lag from lage bodys of water. (My impression might be old, I avoid water atm)

I would like to see stuff in Water, like a sunken car, or a safe, perhaps a sunken house or a boat POI.

Or just reduce it to minimum.

For me whats missing is a Swimming Hall Prefab. Dont even know exactly why i want it so bad in the game.

But yeah, we and the Devs aswell are aware that Water needs some Work. If i understood correctly Madmole even said its not shippable with the current water System so things are looking pretty good that we have a better Water System before it goes 1.0

Congrats about your future little pebble man, have yours best moments together.

Hehehe thanks man. I was waiting for a rock joke.. it's nice to see that my wife is starting to feel the baby a couple of times a day now!

How you doing btw?

Enjoy the sleep while you can man, I've got a five month old Gronkling to deal with and it's quite demanding. I hear the first eighteen years are the hardest :-)

Yeah my wife and I have an agreement (might not have told her yet). She takes care of the kids the first ~18 years and I'll do the rest!

I want to submit an idea

Making several quests for the trader brings new dialogs and establishes a relation of trust. After several quests acomplished the trader will talk to you about a friend of him : a new trader. It can be a way to find more easily new traders. These kind of mechanic with NPC can be found in every open world and MMO, and NPC are less than a stupid robot that repeat always the same words. Sometimes it can be really hard to find a new trader. I think my idea is not bad.

I want to submit an idea

Making several quests for the trader brings new dialogs and establishes a relation of trust. After several quests acomplished the trader will talk to you about a friend of him : a new trader. It can be a way to find more easily new traders. These kind of mechanic with NPC can be found in every open world and MMO, and NPC are less than a stupid robot that repeat always the same words. Sometimes it can be really hard to find a new trader. I think my idea is not bad.

That feature will be in A19.You complete a whole tier of quests for one trader and he will send you to the next trader.

Archived