Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

madmole- I have been giving the new RGW terrain a run through on a bunch of different maps. I know you guys worked hard to come up with a RGW with out the problems of the previous system, but I got to tell you as it stands the current RGW is pretty damn boring. The old system last seen in 16.4 had its problems, but you never knew what was over the next hill and all the towns had roads connecting them. Is there any plans to polish up RGW before the final game version?

Thank you for your efforts,

Evilest Overlord

That is because you are trying to figure it out instead of just play the damn game. If you pull back the curtain no magic trick is cool any more. There is always nitrogen if you don't like ours. We are fixing it so locations and questable locations are available and no more duplicates in the same town hopefully. Beyond that its good enough for TFP feature wise.

Are there any plans to bring back hub cities? I really miss big cities being dangerous late game areas and perjaps it could be a cool spot for bandit camps. Amazing loot but high risks.

The big plan is to spawn in a central large forest, have a trader or two in that forest that gets you set up and going without getting wrecked unfairly. Traders will send you to the next trader which will be in another biome that is harder than the previous one, introducing weather survival and finally radiation in the wasteland and the hardest challenge.

Maybe a few bits of this will be in 19 but the full thing isn't done until A20.

but will swimming animations come. or is that just a AAA thing that you guys don't want to dwell in that?

We need to see how it looks first. Anything that looks janky gets tickets to add/fix. Probably will need something is my guess, but not for animals.

Mr. Mole,

With a buddy im working on a Horde-Superfortress and we try different Tactics.

Lately we use the Junk Turret a lot and notice a flaw that will result in heavy Damages.

It might be intentional for Balance, but the Junk Turrets have a Talent to activate the Demolisher Charges.

Is it possible to let them aim at a different hight? maybe the Legs/Hips?

The alternative of course would be "Git gud" :)

I have 2 questions regarding water.

Will an animation be added to automatically holster/disarm weapon when in water,

or else make player sink?

Second, Will staying for extended time in the water swimming

or treading, raise the probability of dysentery. Example:

when the gulp sound happens.

I wish I could apply for chance to pre-screen the a19 release. I am at one of the essential places,

business is 100% above expected, a few of the employees are out sick, but gotta keep on moving.

The game is fun and challenging sometimes.

I was in the winter biome on my way back to trader Joe's to turn in a quest. I was loaded down with loot. I was hurt, It was snowing, freezing cold and night was falling. Suddenly, I found myself looking right at a mountain lion. I tried to move but was too slow. At the same time I noticed a few lumberjacks that were closing in who wanted to see me. (I had no idea I could be so popular). Thankfully I still had my blunderbuss and managed to fight them off.

Almost dead, I made it back. But I can't wait till I get a bicycle. :)

The game is fun and challenging sometimes.

I was in the winter biome on my way back to trader Joe's to turn in a quest. I was loaded down with loot. I was hurt, It was snowing, freezing cold and night was falling. Suddenly, I found myself looking right at a mountain lion. I tried to move but was too slow. At the same time I noticed a few lumberjacks that were closing in who wanted to see me. (I had no idea I could be so popular). Thankfully I still had my blunderbuss and managed to fight them off.

Almost dead, I made it back. But I can't wait till I get a bicycle. :)

Just cower in your base wearing a tinfoil hat with an antennae on top, surrounded by candles, and you'll be fine. ;)

Look before you light.

I learned that latter in the same day. I was back at my camp and finally got a pot.I was pretty happy about that. So I quickly lit a fire. Only then did I noticed that hoard of zombies coming right for me. :mask: Scared the crap out of me lol.

It was my second day and was camping out in the open. You should see my screenshot I posted on STEAM named look before you light.

It was quick and fun. I shot up most of them before they got to the fire. The rest chased me around the trader and got stuck in the wire. :glee:

Made quick work of them.

Look before you light.

I learned that latter in the same day. I was back at my camp and finally got a pot.I was pretty happy about that. So I quickly lit a fire. Only then did I noticed that hoard of zombies coming right for me. :mask: Scared the crap out of me lol.

It was my second day and was camping out in the open. You should see my screenshot I posted on STEAM named look before you light.

It was quick and fun. I shot up most of them before they got to the fire. The rest chased me around the trader and got stuck in the wire. :glee:

Made quick work of them.

In all seriousness though, perhaps we should keep the conversations regarding A19 going, hmm?

Archived