Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

That is because you are trying to figure it out instead of just play the damn game. If you pull back the curtain no magic trick is cool any more. There is always nitrogen if you don't like ours. We are fixing it so locations and questable locations are available and no more duplicates in the same town hopefully. Beyond that its good enough for TFP feature wise.

So there will be roads connecting the towns instead of the static road structure? Also will there be water features like rivers returning and possibly caves? I loved both those features in past versions of RGW.

Procedurally generated caves are not returning. There are 7 or 8 cave POI's that are level designed.

While true procedurally generated caves were scrapped due to performance issues, modular sectional cave POIs are a type of procedurally generated content that can extend for hundreds of meters if chained. It would run a tiny bit better as the surface would be relatively empty. Let' s hope for hopes. Voxels are the perfect environment for caves.

OMG am I the only female that plays this obsessively? Please may I have some new paint effects/ Lots of them. i want to make my house look really nice. Once I wash the zomb blood off...

no ur not Abbii! I totally feel ur pain. I have been praying for better textures. By now I think I would have learned to paint a chipped wall or cleaned a dirty couch. It's the apocalypse but I can still like nice things :star:

no ur not Abbii! I totally feel ur pain. I have been praying for better textures. By now I think I would have learned to paint a chipped wall or cleaned a dirty couch. It's the apocalypse but I can still like nice things :star:

No, i play with my sis. The number of times she's wasted hours of me grinding resources to decorate.. alot .P

My wife plays a lot as well, when she's not on overwatch.

I have 2 questions regarding water.

Will an animation be added to automatically holster/disarm weapon when in water,

or else make player sink?

Second, Will staying for extended time in the water swimming

or treading, raise the probability of dysentery. Example:

when the gulp sound happens.

I wish I could apply for chance to pre-screen the a19 release. I am at one of the essential places,

business is 100% above expected, a few of the employees are out sick, but gotta keep on moving.

No idea, water isn't even a topic at TFP. Faatal just did some swim stuff but water isn't on the roadmap for 19. We don't even support a holster.

So there will be roads connecting the towns instead of the static road structure? Also will there be water features like rivers returning and possibly caves? I loved both those features in past versions of RGW.

Not sure what you mean. Roads will work how they do now. Rivers and caves are not needed and too difficult to support IMHO.

While true procedurally generated caves were scrapped due to performance issues, modular sectional cave POIs are a type of procedurally generated content that can extend for hundreds of meters if chained. It would run a tiny bit better as the surface would be relatively empty. Let' s hope for hopes. Voxels are the perfect environment for caves.

You guys need to start grasping that we're going gold and not adding any new features that haven't been talked about heavily in the last year. We're cutting shit and making what we have shippable, adding bandits, radiated, and pretty much just polishing up existing content. Its going to be a 9 year alpha, that is insane and way too long. You guys have to understand we're finishing, so stop asking for new stuff and stop talking about stuff WE are NOT talking about in this thread. This thread is to talk about A19, not pimp dreams.

So how many rounds are in the auto shotgun?

How will I cure a concussion?

What are you doing to ISS?

These are legit questions. Maybe its just time to make a video so you guys have something relevant to talk about. My bad :)

You guys need to start grasping that we're going gold and not adding any new features that haven't been talked about heavily in the last year. We're cutting ♥♥♥♥ and making what we have shippable, adding bandits, radiated, and pretty much just polishing up existing content. Its going to be a 9 year alpha, that is insane and way too long. You guys have to understand we're finishing, so stop asking for new stuff and stop talking about stuff WE are NOT talking about in this thread. This thread is to talk about A19, not pimp dreams.

These are legit questions. Maybe its just time to make a video so you guys have something relevant to talk about. My bad :)

Mr. Mole:

And can we expect more Mods to be compatible then you showed in the picture, or will there be "only" the silencer, Drummag and that (Reflex?) Scope?

Is there a way to show us some models of new zeds, or a weapon in action. Probably in the editor, we understand game is not mended, yet.

Not sure what you mean. Roads will work how they do now. Rivers and caves are not needed and too difficult to support IMHO.

I'd quibble about rivers. You already had them working years ago, and night navigation is a fun challenge when you need the bridges to cross them.

You've already done so much work fixing the bridges, and rivers aren't much different generation wise than roads.

Nitrogen has rivers, and once bridges are done they'd be fine. That seems like little work investment for a big play payoff, and it also makes the gyro more valuable later game.

Someone also mentioned the lack of water sounds, and adding it adds a nice immersive element.

Since water is generated by points on map creation, maybe a simple background water sound could be added that falls off after a certain range?

Something not overly complex, and easy to add.

Little things like that add a lot of realism. I think the old burning lands used to have an eerie background howling, didn't they? I miss the fog there that made exploring them really creepy.

You guys need to start grasping that we're going gold and not adding any new features that haven't been talked about heavily in the last year. We're cutting ♥♥♥♥ and making what we have shippable, adding bandits, radiated, and pretty much just polishing up existing content. Its going to be a 9 year alpha, that is insane and way too long. You guys have to understand we're finishing, so stop asking for new stuff and stop talking about stuff WE are NOT talking about in this thread. This thread is to talk about A19, not pimp dreams.

What does ISS mean,and how do you cure a concussion? :D

Mr. Mole:

And can we expect more Mods to be compatible then you showed in the picture, or will there be "only" the silencer, Drummag and that (Reflex?) Scope?

The one I grabbed has 16 rounds. I'd imagine it has varied mag size with quality.

What you saw is what visual mods there will be, all the non visual mods will still work.

Will A19 feature a zombie infested Asian Massage parlor named “Unhappy Endings”?

Archived