Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

We can use everything without having skills, but that is not the point, the point is the attributes are linked to some weapons and items.

That IS the whole point. If we were locked out of certain weapons unless we spent points or couldn't farm at all without spending points, or couldn't trade, scavenge, mine, or harvest at all without first spending points then I would be 100% with you. But we can do everything in the game at a fair level of success without spending a single point. RNG will give us more abilities without having to spend a single point. Points are frosting that help us be elite in some skills so it is perfectly fine that they are linked to specific attributes. Being linked to an attribute is simply the economy of the system. It is the cost. They could decouple some skills but then those skills would have to be made more expensive to progress so you would still end up spending the same amount of points or possibly more.

Cause that, some players take too much time to turn good at their own style. Why weapons and items are linked to attributes? Why I cant be a Strong guy with a decente skill in sniper or a smart guy with skill in handguns?

Ah....too much time indeed. That is the crux of the problem in 95% of these debates. You want to have elite level skills sooner. If that is the case then give yourself more skill points for completing the tutorial quest. Instead of 4 points take 10 points and voila, it won't take too much time to turn good at your own style.

Ok I dont need be good at everything, I just want be good at 2 thinks: building and explosives, but building is intelect and explosives are perception... I just want be good with 2 items, and the game oblige me spent points in 2 attributes branch. That is very annoying...

Tough choices can be annoying. But, come on.... 2 attributes is all it takes to make you happy? That is doable. You can absolutely be strong in 2 attributes. It may take until day 30 or so but if you want it sooner than that then mod your game as I suggested. Take more skillpoints at the start to boost you along those two paths you want.

In my opinion, just general skills should be linked to attributes, for example: Mining skills are ok inside Strenght. And how about armor and weapons skills? How about put those skills in a separated branch where you can choose your own set of weapons without need spent points in 2-3 attributes?

They could do that but as I said, they aren't going to keep those perks as 1-pointers if they do that. They will be more expensive. If they move them you won't be suddenly getting a discount on the cost of skillpoints and it could end up being more expensive in some cases than it is now. In A19 there has been a reduction of perk steps for several of the perks which means you can get to the max value at a cheaper cost. Remember it is all just an economy. The names of the attributes add flavor and help with roleplaying but in point of fact it all comes down to costs and they are going to make being excellent in several areas very expensive no matter how it might be re-organized.

You guys need to start grasping that we're going gold and not adding any new features that haven't been talked about heavily in the last year. We're cutting ♥♥♥♥ and making what we have shippable, adding bandits, radiated, and pretty much just polishing up existing content. Its going to be a 9 year alpha, that is insane and way too long. You guys have to understand we're finishing, so stop asking for new stuff and stop talking about stuff WE are NOT talking about in this thread. This thread is to talk about A19, not pimp dreams.

So how many rounds are in the auto shotgun?

How will I cure a concussion?

What are you doing to ISS?

These are legit questions. Maybe its just time to make a video so you guys have something relevant to talk about. My bad :)

VIDEO :congratulatory:

Yes. But only as still shots.

hmm, thinking... yes that's ok. Really.

As long as you'll give us at last 30 of them. Of course they need to be shot in a second or so.

My daughter could make a flipbook of it and I'll be happy :)

Hey Madmole Don't look now but I think everybody want's to see a video! :shame:

Captain Obvious

obviously something is trying to be said here. i just wished i knew what it was. oh well... maybe if joel ever does a video then people would calm down a bit (at least for 2 minutes) :)

Hey Madmole Don't look now but I think everybody want's to see a video! :shame:

Captain Obvious

I've been summoned . You shall ask for three wishes.

The only options are:

1.Seminaked MM working out.

2- MM's bath mirror eye candy.

3- The misterious case of Trader Joel speaking through Trader Jen's speaker at night featurette.

if i knew how to draw on my PC then i would be making art i would post on Vids and Pictures

Stop talking and start doing. If this, if that. Draw on cardboard with crayons if that is all you have around and want to be an artist.

Stop talking and start doing. If this, if that. Draw on cardboard with crayons if that is all you have around and want to be an artist.

we i do drawn on paper and i can do it semi-well but drawling on a PC is not as easy.

but once i try to post a pic with paper on the video and picture, it looks like potato.

ill post a pic on there soon

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived