Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Yep. Zombies remember how to walk around. Balancing on two legs to move around and being able to attack while doing so or jumping, is not exactly trivial. Would basic swimming be any harder? Probably not.

Harder? No.

Funny? Yes.

Ideally with time zombies should always be able to reach the player. I've spent the last two days reworking AI swimming, so treading water is no longer safe. They will swim up/across to you now. I'm still tweaking the whole feel of it, but hopefully it will be solid for a19.

Not sure I agree with this one. Zombies shouldn't be coordinated enough to swim. Maybe limit this ability to one specific type of zombie.

The good ol days.

Well, you could also add zombie piranhas. Solves gameplay, solves the lore. Win win if you ask me. :wink-new:

The whole piranhas thing is way overblown. Real piranhas are generally scared of people and will avoid them. The only way they got them to attack that cow for the demonstration given to Roosevelt was to trap and starve the shoal for weeks prior to his visit. Most of the time they are scavengers.

The whole piranhas thing is way overblown. Real piranhas are generally scared of people and will avoid them. The only way they got them to attack that cow for the demonstration given to Roosevelt was to trap and starve the shoal for weeks prior to his visit. Most of the time they are scavengers.

The same would apply to humans, they rarely kill and eat a raw cow in a frenzy, unless there was some trans-species virus infecting the biosphere. We have zombie people, zombie dogs, zombie birds... why not zombie fish?

Mr. Mole, i wondered if you could enable Players to turn Ammo into Bundles.

We can allready craft them into those neat packs, but we cannot pack existing Ammo into Bundles.

This would be awesome to store as i got now several Boxes of found ammo cluttering around.

I'm working on adding that to my server, nearly 100 new bundles. If you keep an eye on the Mods threads i'll post it there when i'm finished . It will have perk requirements like vanilla, 2 recipes one for putting the actual items into bundles and 1 for a discount bulk craft with the same % discount, existing ammo bundles will be tweaked to pack/unpack into full stacks (just don't like it only does 2/3s of a stack) and and optional localisation.

I said AI swimming. AI includes animals. There are some exceptions, like chickens and rabbits, since they use different movement, but they are a low priority.

@faatal thanks for answer. Could you clarify one detail? Will zombies swim absolutely all or only part of them, and part will continue to walk along the bottom of the reservoir?

I think you missed the "zombie" part.

Please dont go Full Realisem Police. Its a game and especially with the Horror Genre you should be allowed to play with Stereotypes and Clichees.

Welcome to the forum!

I don't think we have any Russian members on the team so its impossible for us to decide to pay a lot of money every time someone suggests changing localization, so unless 500 Russians come at us about the exact same line being wrong I doubt anything will be done, its quite expensive getting a localization patch.

1, Loading screens with localized player help text are coming to A19.

2, Not Happening. Its like watching a movie filmed in Russia, all the signs are only legible to people who speak Russian. In this case it was filmed in America.

Actually, russian localization is quite good, i start to use couple days ago and get accustomed to it. Found just couple things, that are wrong or can be changed for better reading.

Post it here, i hope i found right topic for this report, coz there are a lot of different topics with bugs and feedbacks)

https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/-7-days-to-die-pc/news-announcements/134220-alpha-18-feedback-and-balancing-thread?p=1727557#post1727557

I think there are better options for a water threat than putting fish and reptiles that don't exist in Arizona in the water (I get people can imagine their RWG game is somewhere else). There are already marinas and docks. You would just need to add a couple zombie models with life jackets on (to bad UMA is gone...). Have them spawn near the water and bam!, no immersion breaking creatures for the realism police to criticize and no awkward swimming normal zombies. Once water is fixed and the water POIs can reliably spawn in RWG the floating zombies would make sense in those worlds too, or maybe swimming zombies will not be that bad to look at. Sometimes I forget this game is still in Alpha and I (like a lot of people) think that any new feature that is added is done so in it's final version.

I never said we should be safe in the water tho. The sea life i mentioned would make it way worse to want to risk swimming.

Right, but your idea adds tons of scope and breaks immersion. There aren't sharks or crocs in freshwater lakes in AZ. Piranhas are so small IRL you couldn't target them so the game play would be bad.

I used to sell them at my last workplace, if you kept to few together they would be so stressed that they rather took bites of each other before the eating the food given to them. Put your hand in the tank and they would press together tighter then sardines in a corner. I gave them a defect molly fish once to eat and he basically lived with them for days until one finally for some reason ate him. :p The piranas were around 20 ish cm in size.

I've seen quite a few people asking about this on Reddit, a couple Discords, etc., but I was wanting some confirmation here. Will the quality of items tiers be reduced from 6 to only 3 in A19? (Ex. We have brown, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple as of now.) I just want an answer so I can use it as confirmation/evidence, if that is alright.

But if you (TFP of course) are ridding of the item quality system (1-6) and making it so that you could find, for example, a low tier double barrel shotgun, a mid tier double barrel shotgun, and a top tier double barrel shotgun (aka 3 item quality tiers) then that is fine too I suppose.

Not sure where that rumor got started, there is 1-6 like always.

Not sure I agree with this one. Zombies shouldn't be coordinated enough to swim. Maybe limit this ability to one specific type of zombie.

Nonsense they have legs that are trying to walk towards a player and they are dead so they could probably float. Dogs can swim and I've often modeled zombie behavior after dogs.

The same would apply to humans, they rarely kill and eat a raw cow in a frenzy, unless there was some trans-species virus infecting the biosphere. We have zombie people, zombie dogs, zombie birds... why not zombie fish?

Water is there for immersion and something to drink, we're not interested in advanced water gameplay. Its something we could expand on in the sequel probably. 7 years in development is way too long, we're finishing not opening up new tickets on pie in the sky fluff features.

Water is there for immersion and something to drink, we're not interested in advanced water gameplay. Its something we could expand on in the sequel probably. 7 years in development is way too long, we're finishing not opening up new tickets on pie in the sky fluff features.

Fair enough although I thought a couple of pieces of aquatic fauna would have been a nice little addition to the water update. Scuppers my hopes for a kraken though. :-)

Right, but your idea adds tons of scope and breaks immersion. There aren't sharks or crocs in freshwater lakes in AZ. Piranhas are so small IRL you couldn't target them so the game play would be bad.

It may be catfish like in Metro Exodus =)

anastasiia-tkach-m35-con-prop-diary-mutants-catfish.jpg

It may be catfish like in Metro Exodus =)

i had a idea like that too, like a mutated Catfish or other fish that could act like a shark. and for lakes maybe Gators would be found in the illegal pet trade back in the Pre-war times. and have done very well in the apocalyptic lakes and rivers....

but for the fish. it could be like the one from metro but that was a Wels catfish (only found in Europe and Russia) but for the USA (where Navezgane takes place) it could be like a Gar. or maybe a snakehead.....

Nonsense they have legs that are trying to walk towards a player and they are dead so they could probably float. Dogs can swim and I've often modeled zombie behavior after dogs.

i mean most humans can float in the water. and with stuff like gases/fums stuck in the body due to decomposition. it would allow them to float

and if you have a base like a oil rig, what is going to stop them? drowning? they don't need lungs!

while i think having some special zombies in the water would be cool, it may take to much game resources

Archived