164 members have voted

1. 1. Poll....Player Age?

• 20-30
    • 30-40
    • 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • > 70

I'm sure one of these went around a while back, but it's fun to find out what we have today!....

HOTFIX: **If you're say, 30, then go with 20-30 if you're in the 1st half of your 30th year, if it's the 2nd half, then choose 30-40.

-Morloc

I think web based vs Steam based forums automatically grab a higher percentage of user that have experienced the BBS of old.

Who else remember dialing up your modem to play "Trade Wars, The Pit, or Usurper" only to curse your family members for picking up the phone while playing!?

TXT based MUDs... Those were the good old days.

Ahh a time before ads...

I think web based vs Steam based forums automatically grab a higher percentage of user that have experienced the BBS of old.

Who else remember dialing up your modem to play "Trade Wars, The Pit, or Usurper" only to curse your family members for picking up the phone while playing!?

TXT based MUDs... Those were the good old days.

Ahh a time before ads...

uBlock origin is your friend, I get no ads anywhere, not on twitch, youtube, No where it kills them all. Firefox for pc or android+ublock origin=your best friends.

Back in the day I used to use the net the first time on a sega saturn/dreamcast netlink, then I got a webtv, then finally a pc. PC was cable internet but the other 2? old school 56.6k phone modems, used to piss me off when someone called in and it killed my connection, that was the day.

Just one month ago I would've been in a lower bracket. But, alas, I'm 50.

50 year olds unite!

EDIT

Oh snap! I just noticed I could've chosen the lower bracket! For the record I want everyone to know that I am DEFINITELY 40-50 years old and not 50-60 years old!

Damn. I didn't notice that either when I did it yesterday, so I put myself in the 50-60 category too.

Clearly we're getting old.

53 here, anyone here remember when video cards were 2d only and you had to buy a separate 3d accelerator? The first pc I built had a video card with 4 Meg's of RAM and a separate 3d accelerator with 8 Meg's of ram, still have my old voodoo II sitting on my desk.

53 here, anyone here remember when video cards were 2d only and you had to buy a separate 3d accelerator? The first pc I built had a video card with 4 Meg's of RAM and a separate 3d accelerator with 8 Meg's of ram, still have my old voodoo II sitting on my desk.

I can remember when there was no such thing as a personal home computer.

51 ...

Got a Vic20 when I was 11, and didn't have any games. Pulled out "Learning with Basic" and built my own Space Invaders clone using Peek and Poke to directly put ASCII on the screen.

Own my own Cloud Hosting company and still game every day, and even some YouTube Let's Plays, although it's harder and harder to find time to edit the videos (sigh).

Archived