Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

You're still stuck on just the process while some only care about the end results.

Yeah but you must acknowledge what you blatantly won't.

Some people like on the fly tilling and enjoy vast, sprawling land farms. Having to craft 300 planters seems a LOT less efficient than tilling 300 spots.

I said I won't speak on this more, and actually the farming aspect takes a back seat to my actual point.

Choice.

It reminds me of the time when reinforced concrete was introduced. We put rebar frames, then upgraded them with wood, then poured wet concrete, and after the blocks dried up the wood panels popped off. It was hell of immersive, I swear I could smell wet concrete! But the process was different from other blocks so the devs decided to 'streamline' it. And now we have what we have. Same thing with farming.

But I already know how I mod farming back, so I don't really care. The new nice boxes will be an advanced option after I find a book.

edit: to be fair, it would be close to impossible to have old concrete way for all the new shapes, so yeah, it has a good reason.

See, here is were ignorance and arrogance don't mix well

Block Walls – If you were building middle-class homes in mid-century Phoenix like John F. Long and Ralph Staggs, chances are you were framing your walls with concrete block.

Read more at: https://arizonareport.com/phoenix-home-construction/

You obviously do not understand the difference between art and plain construction. Could say that you're ignorant and arrogant too lol

Yeah but the you need to acknowledge what you blatantly won't.

Some people like on the fly tilling and enjoy vast, sprawling land farms. I said I won't speak on this more, and actually the farming aspect takes a back seat to my actual point.

Choice.

Absolutely! Everyone has to make their own choices, 100% agree.

TFP make THEIR game any way they choose. They can listen or not to others, but if they are wise, they will build the game THEY will love and try to fit in stuff that others want as well.

If you aren't happy with that, you can play something else or try your hand at development. It really is an eye opener.

- - - Updated - - -

You obviously do not understand the difference between art and plain construction. Could say that you're ignorant and arrogant too lol

You could say anything... and I guess you do! :)

Very poor analogy. The starter motor and crank perform the same function if I'm correct.

Planter boxes are beautiful blocks that both snap to other blocks and function as farming patches to seed.

Removing farming with a hoe and tilling the wild land is nothing remotely similar to crafting a box and seeding it.

Ah, yes. You get my point exactly. The starter and Planter boxes are the new coolness, and the crank and hoe are the old and obsolete. Your sack cloth and ashes have no effect on me. perhaps you could try self-flagellation. Might be good for a laugh.

To one person, farming (starting a car) one way is equal to farming (starting a car) another way because the end results are the same.

To another farming (starting a car) one way is completely different than farming (starting a car) another way because the process is different.

So the car analogy is very close.

Bravo, thanks for the support Aldranon. Cheers...

One idea would be to add a fertilizer item and then you upgrade ground with it, and craft plots with it. Then you wouldn't waste nitrate repairing traps, but honestly I just want to keep it as is, we're in content lock and fiddling with this ♥♥♥♥ will just set us back. modders can easily restore the old way if they are married to it for now, I don't want to break content lock because a few angry guys who haven't even tried it aren't happy.

I'm fine with whatever farming mini game evolves. There are so many "farming " mods that everyone should be able to find something that pleases them.

Holy heck!!! I had to read like 80 pages! Glad that I finally caught up...

I'm really glad that ninja animals are being fixed. It was really annoying just to get destroyed by a wolf horde when there was nothing there 5 seconds ago. I hope they also won't be as aggressive to the players, it didn't really make sense that wolves would be as willing to attack as zombie dogs.

I'll miss the cans of water a bit, I used them when at my home base to preserve jars, but probably I will get used to it.

I'll trust what Madmole is saying about the biome zombie spawns, I hope you will still be able to look at the distance and see zombies walking around.

The farming debacle? First, people really, really OVERREACTED. Like damn, it was almost like The Fun Pimps decided to remove zombies from the game. Calm down people, you didn't even get to try A18 yet. I myself am 50/50 on this, while old farming had annoying hitboxes and it would suck when you would accidentally plant something on another crop, and then it would just drop to the ground and break. It would seem like it would be tedious to have a nice and big plot with the new planter boxes, however, I myself would prefer to have both methods in, but honestly, the old hoe method also allowed you to get tons of food too easily, so dunno.

I'm also a cat person MM, I love my cat.

ROFL! Its hilarious that it starts with Simon holding, you guessed it, a hoe!

Ha yes! I found that pretty ironic. They ended up settling just up the road from the house I first settled in when I started playing on the PS4 with my son. I run a solo game there for nostalgia purposes, so I am very familiar with the area. Looking forward to seeing how they react to all the new POI's!

I don't know maybe it's just me but it feels like this game is headed more in the fps looter direction and way less toward a survival crafting game which is what I enjoyed originally.

Off topic: What you mentioned was a mistake of the devs of DayZ standalone for instance. What started out as a survival experience became a monotonous shooting experience. Bohemia neglected the survival part and went for hyper realistic gun simulations, weapon sway, reload animations and what not. By now they have quite realistic guns, but noone plays the game anymore, because there basically is nothing to play for. Guns are cool, but cannot make up for a lack of content.

This experience sort of always makes me cringe when I see other content simplified and in turn gun stuff added, maybe that is why I am sensitive to stuff being "streamlined"

I know I am sort of biased there, but I basically love weapon variety, I just wish it doesn't come at the cost of survival, building and crafting.

7D2D has the biggest potential of any game I ever played, so I fullheartedly hope it uses as much of this potential as it possibly can.

Sorry for heading a bit off topic and good day to you all.

he does, it's under the bed next to the pump. becareful, might be sticky

Oh no worries, I'm not touching anything when SnowDog is involved. I learned my lesson.

- - - Updated - - -

Being married to one, I felt the comment on a personal level lol. Good thing she doesn't read the forums! *checks over my shoulder*

Yeah my wife is married to one as well.

Quick question on A18 and future @madmole

1 will the camp fire heat you again ? why it's not doing it anymore ? this is the kind of cool details i like in a survival game, any chance to add

more features like this ?

2 You said in the past that you were not going to add more firearm weapons cause you want this to remain a survival game and not a zombie

shooter, what brought you to add an M60 to the game ?

3 Will you add back what you cut from the game for the sake of performance and tweaking after fixing the major aspects of the game ?

4 Is there ever gonna be an update introducing whole new set of items, enemies, entities, veichle etc. enlarging the entire gameplay itself ?

Guest Rassilon
Quick question on A18 and future @madmole

3 Will you add back what you cut from the game for the sake of performance and tweaking after fixing the major aspects of the game ?

What has been cut from the game? Please dont go on with this Stray-Zombie Discussion. This is as dead as Zombies itself and got cleared up multiple times.

So do most red heads...but fun also equals psycho in many cases.

Being married to one, I felt the comment on a personal level lol. Good thing she doesn't read the forums! *checks over my shoulder*

As a member of this rare mutation I must confess that messing with gingers is akin to playing with fire. We have the reputation for good reason.

Anyone who knows Scotland's history was surely amused by "The Wall" in Game of Thrones, we know where ol' George got the idea. After the Romans conquered England, and most of Europe, they sent their 9th Legion north. They made the mistake of going beyond Hadrians Wall...

The 9th Legion was never seen again.

It was an actual wall from sea to sea, just like in GoT, just much much shorter, but was still a real thing. I was extra amused that so many of the wildlings in the show were actual gingers, it's like Martin wasn't even trying to hide where he got the inspiration from. They even filmed up there quite a bit.

download.jpg.2d41b831f576a98bc597860db6be4e13.jpg

Also Braveheart, though that was a later attempt.

Avoiding such disaster is easy though, if a ginger draws a line: don't cross it. Simple, other than that we make good company. And ginger women, well, just ask Genosis, he knows.

And for the love of geography most of us are Scottish, I'm tired of everyone thinking I'm Irish all the time.

What has been cut from the game? Please dont go on with this Stray-Zombie Discussion. This is as dead as Zombies itself and got cleared up multiple times.

Do i really have to point all the features who are no more in the game ? countless of time have been already nominated by countless of players, campfire heat is one of the easiest to notice.

Guest Rassilon
Do i really have to point all the features who are no more in the game ? countless of time have been already nominated by countless of players, campfire heat is one of the easiest to notice.

considering i especially asked you what you meant: Yes you do have to really point out all the features who are no more in the game...

Jeez... Dude!

For the Campfire its an often talked about bug. AFAIK there are Problems with the entire Buff System wich is high on their List. Not sure if it made into A18.

You made that sound like an important Gamebreaker when its just a tiny Detail.

Archived