Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

WAIT! You mean you have THE SOLUTION for the 5-6 year old problem with terrain snapping?? :-O

@Madmole: please forward this to your "terrain dev guys" and see what they can do with this info!

I know you're being a smartass because YOU don't know, but his prefabbers (at least some of them) already do it. "It is known" is an understatement... It's been known for years. The problem is, stretching densities too far will give us those weird ass glitchy triangles, so I'm not surprised at all they're hesitant to do it.

...there's zero doubt kinyajuu is aware of the density property.

I know you're being a smartass because YOU don't know, but his prefabbers (at least some of them) already do it. "It is known" is an understatement... It's been known for years. The problem is, stretching densities too far will give us those weird ass glitchy triangles, so I'm not surprised at all they're hesitant to do it.

...there's zero doubt kinyajuu is aware of the density property.

No, really, I'm not trolling! :crushed:

I thought there really was a solution found by someone that TFP didn't have time or didn't care to examine.

Thank you TFP for taking your time and creating a game that is very enjoyable.....people talk about this being nerfed that being useless anymore......if you are searching for perfection, that is like trying to find the end of a rainbow....enjoy the game and come to the realization every game has ups and downs to it. We are playing a game imaged in the minds of those who are creating it. I enjoy the variety the game offers I have never come across a game i like every aspect of it but i have found 7 days to be a game worth every penny and enjoy greatly the building in this game. just keep doing what you do TFP.

whiners you just keep on whining won't get you very far in life

The plant occupies the voxel above the plot.

I briefly had fantasies of a beautiful garden made with plate, half block, and full block planters.

Even thought you could use the new block shape selection thingy for the planter block.

But no... my dreams have been Gazzed.

Plants are able to be on multiple levels with the octagon shaped voxels. Maybe a planter

could be faked somehow using that type block? (I'd bet no on that idea.)

7dtd is plain perfection honestly i would rate it a 10/10 most fun game of all time imo

Coughs * Kiss Ass * Coughs

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you TFP for taking your time and creating a game that is very enjoyable.....people talk about this being nerfed that being useless anymore......if you are searching for perfection, that is like trying to find the end of a rainbow....enjoy the game and come to the realization every game has ups and downs to it. We are playing a game imaged in the minds of those who are creating it. I enjoy the variety the game offers I have never come across a game i like every aspect of it but i have found 7 days to be a game worth every penny and enjoy greatly the building in this game. just keep doing what you do TFP.

whiners you just keep on whining won't get you very far in life

Coughs * Brown Nose * Coughs

RE: gaps between ground and blocks

For me, the gap has been an OCD problem in my builds since I started playing this in A14. It isn't just the planter boxes. You cannot dig into the ground and put a block in the ground and have the ground come up to the block, at least in most instances. Drives my OCD crazy and looks bad, to me.

I would think it would be fairly straightforward to check when placing a block that if it is square, any ground next to it will be flush with the block.

If I was building a wall, I'd sure as heck fill the dirt back up to the wall.

Minor, display only, issue, but something I hope they do address sometime in the future.

I prefer the near death penalty over losing actual experience, which translates to cancelling out potentially hours of gameplay and increasing the feeling of wasting the precious moments of my real life in front of a computer screen. It will probably result in me playing the game less as it will be too frustrating.

I like the idea of Shamway creating the apocalypse the absolute best. It's humorously macabre and completely fits the atmosphere of the game.

Sweet! I knew it was today, didn't realize they setup a premiere. My wife and I were heavily inspired to make a YouTube channel from watching Neebs play 7 days to die, and aimed for a similar style except with a husband/wife dynamic. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until I get home from work to watch it :p

ROFL! Its hilarious that it starts with Simon holding, you guessed it, a hoe!

Archived